or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1220

post #18286 of 51058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotii View Post

As far as I can tell, that's right.  The fabric is lightweight and relatively airy, and I thought it was linen when I saw it, but it is clearly wool (I think maybe worsted, itchy against my arm and face). 
There would be next to no market for it. Far East tailors using even Loro Piana or H&S are 99/100 times a pass unless for self.
post #18287 of 51058

Weekend Highlights from the Bins

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Filson Shacket

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


Vintage Sierra Designs Puffy Vest

 

 

Vintage Orioles Starter Windbreaker

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Woolrich Windproof Sweater. Is this the Woolrich I'm looking for? Great quality regardless

 

Beautiful Crane Print. Been trying to decipher the hanko and signature, does anyone have any ideas?

post #18288 of 51058
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

WOW! Innis mean?

--

MAC USING EBAY SNIPERS:
What sniping service do you use? I have a question from friend. Please to PM me.

kthanks.

i use gixen - which is a website so not reliant on operating systems

post #18289 of 51058

I went out to try to find the Kiton pants from the orphan I found last week. No luck so far but on one of my stops this buttonhole on the lapel sure caught my eye.

 


I grabbed it and kept going down the rack.  I looked like it had a lot of handwork and working cuffs etc.

 


Once I had gone through the rack and had some more time I looked for a label and look what I found in the inside pocket.

 

That's my first non-tie Hermes and first Cifonelli too!  After checking eBay it looks like someone in my area found another 2 Hermes sports coats that were probably from the same donor.

post #18290 of 51058
the woolrich is FIRE homie.
post #18291 of 51058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deedz View Post

I went out to try to find the Kiton pants from the orphan I found last week. No luck so far but on one of my stops this buttonhole on the lapel sure caught my eye.




I grabbed it and kept going down the rack.  I looked like it had a lot of handwork and working cuffs etc.





Once I had gone through the rack and had some more time I looked for a label and look what I found in the inside pocket.




That's my first non-tie Hermes and first Cifonelli too!  After checking eBay it looks like someone in my area found another 2 Hermes sports coats that were probably from the same donor.
might have came from the estate sale, your jacket might have been left over and donated.
post #18292 of 51058
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

WOW! Innis mean?

--

MAC USING EBAY SNIPERS:
What sniping service do you use? I have a question from friend. Please to PM me.

kthanks.

 

One of the web-based ones. Goofbid. Feel free to PM if you have questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aging in rhythm View Post



BB tie. I thought it was Black Fleece when I picked it up. Still not sure what line it is
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Pretty sure that's just a regular makers Regimental stripe #1 that someone took the tag off of and replaced with a homemade keeper.

post #18293 of 51058
Hermes and cifonelli pop at once! Awesome, plus youre 5 posts in with kiton included
post #18294 of 51058
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post
 

trying to corner a decade with this one:

 

 

not able to find this label anywhere else... looks 40s? the leather buttons have the leather shanks, not metal.

 

found a buck in the pocket too! and a receipt from 1985 lol.

 

quick update: turns out this label is likely late 30s-early 40s. i dropped a line to the original levi's historian and archivist and she graciously responded. fun stuff.

post #18295 of 51058
@Koala-T Thanks for the tip.
post #18296 of 51058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post

Pretty sure that's just a regular makers Regimental stripe #1 that someone took the tag off of and replaced with a homemade keeper.

yep.
www.brooksbrothers.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-brooksbrothers-Site/default/Product-Variation?pid=MA02076&dwvar_MA02076_Color=RED&dwvar_MA02076_Size=REG&cgid=
post #18297 of 51058
 

 

Beautiful Crane Print. Been trying to decipher the hanko and signature, does anyone have any ideas?

 

Ikki Matsumoto

 

Proof:

www.ikkimatsumoto.com 

Hanko (Seal/Stamp) match up.

post #18298 of 51058


ok sorry to many pm's anyways this it. It's brown beach work coat. Not sure what it's worth so pm me what you think.
post #18299 of 51058
💸💸💸
post #18300 of 51058
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

You and your wife if I remember correctly. 👌🏻

Good times
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)