I'd like to see it too. My next-door neighbor makes them from heavy leather (against the body) and custom-molded kydex via a vacuum table. Or, he has the setup, and doesn't actually do it. I'm not sure. He promised me one for my CCW, but it never happened, and then WA passed that idiotic law that means I can't even put my handgun into his possession long enough to make me a holster without technically committing a felony. :P
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:06 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1213post #18181 of 5765410/25/15 at 9:06pmpost #18182 of 5765410/25/15 at 9:08pm
@Nataku dang! Love that last haul. Wow.
@Jompso - take care of yourself!
Thanks to @richnet12 and @turkey_sandwich for getting the KnowledgeBox (TM) my way. Cool stuff. I'm ready to pass it on, anyone in MN want it first for local pickup? I sold half of it and lost some of the rest. I hope that is okay.
Been pretty dry in my area, re-did the eBay room so there is that. I also picked up a Golden Fleece N3B jacket similar to this, but with some condition issues (cigarette burn on bottom front, and small tear in inner lining ) if someone local is interested or someone wants to pay shipping for it. Sz 50, Scovil zip. Too tired for pics right now...
Also picked up a suit for my Halloween costume tonight. Got it home and realized it was a NWOT Stafford that fit me perfectly. I almost feel bad about destroying it for a costume. Almost.
Edited by classicthrifter - 10/25/15 at 9:25pmpost #18183 of 5765410/25/15 at 9:21pmpost #18184 of 5765410/25/15 at 9:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by va230815
Been in southern California past week+
Finally hit up a few areas over the past few days. This is what 3 hours spent in orange county and 8 hours spent in the valley is like. 75% of what I picked up
I was going to hit up @Jompso but didn't end up making it to my old stomping grounds at UCLA
Unfortunately picked up a Helmet Lang suit only to realize there were holes near the shoulder/arm that I missed =/.
It looks like I have a date with a BMW, an hour and half drive, my thrift buddy app, a free Saturday, and Orange Fucking County...it's an orgy..post #18185 of 5765410/25/15 at 9:36pmQuote:
"GUCCI SILK/COTTON BLEND SUIT SZ 44 GOLD GUCCI BTNS 4 years after TOM FORD ERA!!"
That should do the trick...
and thank you much sir, as always, greatly appreciated.post #18186 of 5765410/25/15 at 9:48pmpost #18187 of 5765410/25/15 at 9:50pm
Quick brag just to hammer home how fucking key knowledge in this game is and why you never ever stop learning... I walked into a mom and pop for 7 total minutes, the item above, posted a couple days ago was 10 bucks with tax, i nearly shit...oh and I also walked out with a full on Willis Geiger Cotton Poplin (their famous shit) most hard core rugged Safari jacket or article in general I have ever seen of theirs, this was 15 (seen less hardcore ones go for hundreds)....3 other flippers in about 400 square feet of menswear and they all went right past both...learn yaselfs, always...can't stop wont stop...oh and the offer was settled at 350... I know this isn't the craziest ebay sale by a long shot and I'm not puttin this up here to make it seem like that, but this thread is such a valubale tool, as the people that frequent it, that it's just literally life changing, with ebay fees and COGs and thats 315 for 5 minutes time, net, and then I still have the Geiger to post that accounted for the other 2 minutes.... I can't estimate a total but this is a great thing to be a part of that's for goddamn sure. Thank you all that take the time to share and contribute. That's all I got.post #18188 of 5765410/25/15 at 9:57pmpost #18189 of 5765410/25/15 at 9:57pmQuote:
Lived in Orange County for years. Never saw Kiton, Oxxford, or Brioni in my life. Could be my bad luck or that I used to thrift maybe once a week, but still.post #18190 of 5765410/25/15 at 10:06pmQuote:
oh? seems like there are hardly any oc thrifters on this thread... probably lurkers...
i lived in HB for about 5 years. didn't thrift back then tho...post #18191 of 5765410/25/15 at 10:40pmpost #18192 of 5765410/26/15 at 12:34am
Alright so I should probably post this elsewhere... maybe start a DIY leatherworking thread, but for now I'm just going to spoiler it.
Leather Holster: (Click to show)
These are very basic and inexpensive tools / materials. A 2mm Pricking Iron, Diamond Awl, Exacto Knife, Bone Folder, Linen Thread, Harness Needles, Beeswax (for waxing the thread) and a good metal ruler. Also the self-healing cutting mat underneath it all.
I made this circular "tool caddy" a while ago, just so that things are within easy reach and aren't scattered across the table.
The hide. This was just a "smaller" piece of 4/5oz Veg-Tan cowhide. It's maybe 5 sq. ft. Cost was about $30-40.
The hide has a nice raw, fleshy pink color.
Here's the piece I cut out from the hide. The slashes on the right are flaws in the hide.
Here are the 2 basic pieces that I cut out and dyed. I used Eco-Flo water based dye, and then treated the pieces with Fiebing's Tan-Kote for a nice luster after the dye was dried.
The larger piece I had started to fold and shape around the pistol. The smaller piece has a metal belt-clip installed, and the holes were marked for stitching.
The finished holster.
Stitching detail, and leather grain.
With the pistol inserted. This is a Bersa Thunder .380ACP.
Overall I'm happy with it, for only being made in a few hours. The only thing I would change is that I would use Black Thread, or dye the White Linen thread before waxing it. But it's very functional as-is, and pretty nice for only being the 2nd holster I've ever made.post #18193 of 5765410/26/15 at 12:57amQuote:
Lurkers that are probably getting up at 5 and tryin to get at my shit haha.... Honestly I don't see the OC being a hotbed in general so I'm very suprised with those finds. I mean keep going south and your making your way towards some real fucking money, But Orange County is just like a giant mall/theme park surrounded largely by middle class America, at least that has been my impression upon brief stints there. Nothing against the middle class or anything like that, it's just that they rarely possess the expendable income to afford things we tend to like to post on this thread and/or wear and/or sell....I mean there are very wealthy areas but its a big fucking place, but I also think the culture, fashion wise, is far far more casual than you would find in a more metropolitan area or something like that. Essentially, I'm sure the stuff is there, I just don't see it being as readily available on a consistent basis....again though, never thrifted it, but it's only a buck and some change away so maybe ill test the waters one Saturday and see what they have to offer...lurkers you've been warned, there will be a Saturday, you wont know which so don't bother hitting hard Friday, its gonna come though, and i will be there, and your racks will be my racks....and then I may even hit up Disney Adventureland solo, because 28 year old men going to children themed Disney theme parks isn't creepy. Warned.post #18194 of 5765410/26/15 at 1:27ampost #18195 of 5765410/26/15 at 4:29am
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 15 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 6 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway