I'm so glad I'm not the only one who sees that. I've seen ties with nekkid pin-up girls on the inside lining, but this is far more subtle.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 6:37 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1204post #18046 of 5483510/24/15 at 8:26pmpost #18047 of 5483510/24/15 at 8:27pmpost #18048 of 5483510/24/15 at 8:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by drlivingston
Quote:Originally Posted by Jompso
It really depends, as far as dress shoes are concerned I was under the impression they were pretty much solely English so the maker would depend on the nail pattern of the heels unless someone here is privy to a certain firm they have been known to contract Italian made models to.
If C&J they'd be marked with a UK size and then maybe US as well, really depends where they were made...it looks English so I'm gonna go ahead and guess it'll be stamped English but hey I've been wrong before so anyones guess...or knowledge..
There have been a few Italian makers for Polo shoes, some more well-known than others. I know for sure Sassetti has made some, but there are others. You should probably go over to the Polo shoe thread and ask there.post #18049 of 5483510/24/15 at 8:45pmpost #18050 of 5483510/24/15 at 8:47pm
i think the story with the heels is if you look at wear patterns you really only need replace that rubber portion of the heel.
and i suspect the dovetail is merely an "old-world, traditional" flourish as a way of keeping integrity of the joint (a la dovetail drawers vs butt joints in cabinets, or dovetail neck joints versus mortise-and-tenon in guitar necks). it takes more skill to match the joint but it has the advantage of not peeling apart as easily.
guitar necks are actually compound dovetails, and it's usually a very very skilled person who does this. same with drawers - it's sort of the height of traditional western joinery. i sort of wonder if there's a dude in a shoe factory who actually chisels the rubber or if it's just run through a machine. it might just be marketing smoke.post #18051 of 5483510/24/15 at 8:49pmQuote:
Ah, I'm glad you know it's a Porsche at least. 2008 Cayman S. Pops bought it off the showroom floor in 2008, and it touches pavement about once per year. I believe there's like 1200 miles on it. "Ferris, he never drives it. He just rubs it with a diaper!". It's one of a few in his collection, and it happens to live in the workshop with my inventory lol.
The windowpane SC is a gem that I scored a couple years ago. It was on a mannequin in a boutique thrift store window in Seattle. I knew just from the fabric that it was of exceptional quality. Unfortunately there are absolutely 0 makers marks, tags, fabric content labels, etc. Nothing to identify it. It IS however almost entirely hand made. Every lining seam, every pick stitch, every button-hole is hand sewn.
I'm like 99.9% sure the fabric is from Carlo Barbera Mills, as I once saw a Luciano Barbera womens SC with the EXACT same fabric... right down to the weave. I have no idea on the maker though. I'm thinking it was a custom piece from Savile Row. It's possible there were some makers labels inside the lining, but they were removed. When I purchased it, it was way too small for me... But now since losing weight, it actually fits like a glove. I wish it were side vented, or even single vented... but its still an amazingly striking jacket. I planned on wearing it this Halloween. It's the type of jacket that you notice from down the street... I love the thing, and will never part with it. I can provide some sexy photos of it soon.
Oh and I think I payed like $25 for it.post #18052 of 5483510/24/15 at 8:52pmpost #18053 of 5483510/24/15 at 9:13pm
Went to Charlotte earlier for fun. Figured I'd make a few stops. Everything available.
2 x NWT Band of Outsiders polos. Size 2.
Gant by Michael Bastian buffalo nickel sweater. My size so N/A!
Alden full strap shells. Size 9.5A
9.5D Allen Edmonds Park Avenue
Santoni Classico cap-toes. Size 10.5
Bruno Magli size 8.5
Bean boots. No tagged size but my GF says they fit around a 9.5 or 10 in women's.
Incotex Chinolino flat-fronts, 2 x Willis & Geiger thick ass pants. All size 34.
J. Press flannel 3 piece. Size 42S. Flat-fronts, 3/2 roll and all that trad shit.
New England shirt(this is a thing right?), Outlier(amazing), skeet
My favorite find of the day, for sure:
Vintage Schott NYC flight jacket. Huge talon zipper. Not in perfect shape but it's awesome.post #18054 of 5483510/24/15 at 9:14pmpost #18055 of 5483510/24/15 at 9:25pmpost #18056 of 5483510/24/15 at 9:25pmQuote:
what are those?post #18057 of 5483510/24/15 at 9:27pmQuote:
Having owned Sassettis I know that isn't the case here (unless that heels been touched, which I'm kinda leaning yes but could be wrong), but a thread dedicated strictly to Polo shoes should end all mysteries.post #18058 of 5483510/24/15 at 9:27pmpost #18059 of 5483510/24/15 at 9:27pmpost #18060 of 5483510/24/15 at 9:27pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 29 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 3 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...