Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 7:07 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1190post #17836 of 5113210/23/15 at 3:08pmThrifted a nice pair of blue suede/brown leather Sperry loafers in my size today for $12. Something nobody here would care about, but as a High Schooler I get good wear out my casual shoes. Searching all over eBay to see if I can somehow come across a pair of Nike Flyknits for $50 or less. Uncommon, but I've seen them sell for less. Any more and I can't justify the purchase as much as I'd like them.post #17837 of 5113210/23/15 at 3:10pmQuote:
Whatever you thrift for yourself is brag-worthy, imo. They're some of the best casual shoes you can get!post #17838 of 5113210/23/15 at 3:16pmpost #17839 of 5113210/23/15 at 3:52pmpost #17840 of 5113210/23/15 at 4:06pm
Some serious finds in the last few dozen pages - a 10 dollar atmos clock and Spoo finding the world's Best Vest? Unreal. I've been busy of late and trying to gear myself more towards selling than buying, but the habit is hard to kick. Popped into my local places, telling myself I'd just "see what's the on the racks", and then came to a blurry couple of hours later in my car with a passengers seat full of grail outerwear. Hell of a drug.
I'd prefer to hold onto most things for personal use or sale, but if something really strikes a chord shoot me a pm (excepting the last item).
A custom bottle-green velvet dinner jacket, commissioned from an upscale local mens haberdasher, now defunct. Very old, but a pretty wicked party jacket that fits me like a velvet glove. Probably going to wear it with a white shirt, black knit tie, and white square this new years. Begging to have a martini spilled on it.
Warning: Draped in Velvet! (Click to show)
A very handsome autumnal tweed from everyone's favorite trad clothier, J. Press. And this is no ordinary tweed...
Featuring a springy, soft donegal mist tweed by Magee in cashmere, mohair, and wool. Nicest hand of any tweed I've felt. Roomy 40L.
This is the after. Vintage Bean goatskin A2 with all the right deets - mouton collar, scovill zipper, and just the right amount of wear and tear. Patinated to perfection.
42, fits me in a nice, slouchy way. Torn between keeping this, or...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This. The before. Spiewak golden fleece flight jacket, made in the states. Lined, seems like it might be brand spanking new. Fits me well and is crazy warm, but I feel a bit like a cop when I wear it.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Finally found a proper oldschool Burberry(s) trench! In great shape (like, possibly unworn? no wear on leather buckles anyhow) and at thrift prices no less. Never thought it would happen.
All the great old military details one could ask for - d-rings, sleeve adjusters, collar latch. 44R but its a perfect bogart fit on me over a suit or jacket. Not available.
Warning: Nova! (Click to show)
But you know what? All of the above are ultimately pretty run of the mill. If you thrift often enough in my region you'll see burberry trenches, J press tweed, and flight jackets. These are classic items, part of the fabric of a local culture that has existed for decades. Exciting and valuable, yes, but not surprising. But this next piece is something you don't see around here, something that surprised the hell out of me:
A grail pop for me. And that label belongs to:
My size! Probably my favorite ever find. I've admired engineered garments and the japanese streetwear movement that it helped to usher in but I've never had the means to justify buying it, even at sale or resale (doubt I'm alone there) with the exception of a jacquard tunic(!) that I haven't had the balls to wear except around my apartment.
Midweight cotton canvas, incredible details and construction. Cinches and pockets everywhere. Very representative of the EG aesthetic (ivy league educated post apocalyptic mercenary?). Wearing it as I'm typing this. No plans to remove it.
That's it - apologies to those who've been waiting on pms that I just got around to answering. Let's keep the thread burning, shall we?post #17841 of 5113210/23/15 at 4:06pmpost #17842 of 5113210/23/15 at 4:10pmpost #17843 of 5113210/23/15 at 4:44pmpost #17844 of 5113210/23/15 at 4:56pmpost #17845 of 5113210/23/15 at 5:25pmpost #17846 of 5113210/23/15 at 5:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Deedz
I had a pretty good day yesterday so I figured i'd throw up some pics and a little background. I have been hitting some of the same thrifts lately and have been pretty much striking out so I decided to hit some brand new ones on a different side of town and see what I could find.
A few stops in I started finding some stuff to pull the trigger on. I have been wanting an unstructured sports coat so I was pretty excited when I found this.
Overall a pretty good day. I'm still just crossing my fingers I can find the pants to the Kiton.
Good luck finding the pants, great post!
Not sure where my post will end up...
OUTSTANDING colors! Nice, man!
Day started w/ Alden and Mezlan, ended with Kiton and Brioni. I wish it was as nice as it sounds. Not a bad day overall:
Mezlan and Alden
J. Press, 2x Burb
This thing!! Hope it runs bigger than tagged.
Made in Italy = LVC?
NOS Paradise made in Hawaii
This Wrangler USA with all the right keywords
This Adidas with all the right keywords
First for me 2x, have to figure out why these are a thing.
Bri linen is outstanding, the kiton is super lux feeling. Nice to find this stuff in great condition.
Isaia x Star Trek
Did not wear around the store.post #17847 of 5113210/23/15 at 5:37pmpost #17848 of 5113210/23/15 at 5:48pmpost #17849 of 5113210/23/15 at 5:52pmpost #17850 of 5113210/23/15 at 5:53pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › How many miles did you run today? 29 seconds ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 42 seconds ago
- › Beautiful Bespoke Cappelli Navy Challis medallion 1 minute ago
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 3 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway