If it's vented or not would really make or break it. I'm guessing from the tag that it's fairly recent and vented?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 2:40 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1172post #17566 of 5462410/21/15 at 1:43pmpost #17567 of 5462410/21/15 at 1:49pmpost #17568 of 5462410/21/15 at 1:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor
I posted a pic of these boots a few weeks when I found them at an estate sale.
Since then, I have done a little research and found out some really cool stuff.
Spoilered for non history buffs:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These are custom made boots made by Dehner boots. Dehner has been around for decades and the company is a premier maker of Riding Boots as well as Law Enforcement boots, motorcycle boots, etc.
I contacted them and they must have some very complete records because they could tell me from the number in the boots when they were made and who ordered them.
These boots were made in 1940. Seriously. As in PRE WWII and 75 freaking years ago. They were Ordered by the University of Oklahoma and made for the ROTC program. Now, in 1940, we still had calvary and we were also really developing the tank corps as well as using Motorcyles. So, these were ordered for ROTC use probably for any of these uses.
They are very cool and the style and design is still made by Dehner today.
Here are some more pics.
Those are absolutely gorgeous, @Nobleprofessor, and so great to get all of that info out of Dehner. I had a pair of Dehner paddock boots when I was riding many years ago--and before I knew anything about decent footwear. Great boots. If I was still riding your PM box would be full of questions about size and availability.post #17569 of 5462410/21/15 at 1:50pmpost #17570 of 5462410/21/15 at 1:53pmpost #17571 of 5462410/21/15 at 1:55pmQuote:
Thank god! I was concerned because Oxxford Renaissance is a fairly small line and used to be sold here at Louis Boston. That plus the "college" in your username had me worried. That said it's a beautiful find and yes pretty recent. I think the "Renaissance" line was started in the early 2000s and is still being made (?) - actually not quite sure on that. In general the line had a more modern - read slimmer/sprezziery/younger - cut.post #17572 of 5462410/21/15 at 1:58pmpost #17573 of 5462410/21/15 at 2:00pmpost #17574 of 5462410/21/15 at 2:07pmpost #17575 of 5462410/21/15 at 2:09pmThread Starterpost #17576 of 5462410/21/15 at 2:12pmQuote:
there are other things to stroke that would perhaps incur more negative judgement, so i'd say you're safepost #17577 of 5462410/21/15 at 2:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by masaccio
Those are absolutely gorgeous, @Nobleprofessor, and so great to get all of that info out of Dehner. I had a pair of Dehner paddock boots when I was riding many years ago--and before I knew anything about decent footwear. Great boots. If I was still riding your PM box would be full of questions about size and availability.
Thanks. They are very cool. I don't usually have this much finding out about a pair of boots I find.
As far as available, they are already on the 'bay. The size will hurt a little. They are an 11 B. I wear an 11.5C and lucky for me, they are too small for me! If they fit, they would be hard to part with.
I was really surprised by how helpful Dehner was. Last week I called Alden to ask them about a pair with a style number that was new to me. I left messages on the voice mail. I also emailed. No answer. At all. Of course, I'm still waiting on a response to a call, email and finally a letter that I sent them. That was a year ago. Nothing. They make great shoes, but the customer service sucks ass.
I emailed the Washington D.C. Alden shop because they were helpful before when I called. They emailed back and said they were an independent shop and didn't have the answer and I should call Alden.
You would think that a company that has customers willing to spend $500-$1000 on a pair of shoes would be better at communicating with its customers. One time I called them to ask them about some Alden for Brooks Brothers shoes and someone actually answered and he told me that they did not make Aldens for anyone else. I said I must have misspoke or phrased it wrong. He flat out denied that any Alden was ever produced to be sold by another company or with a different company name on them. I was still thinking I must be saying it wrong. I explained to him that had in my hand a pair of Aldens for Brooks Brothers and he said I was mistaken. Obviously, the guy didn't know what he was talking about. I gave up and hung up.post #17578 of 5462410/21/15 at 2:27pmpost #17579 of 5462410/21/15 at 2:35pmpost #17580 of 5462410/21/15 at 2:40pmQuote:
btw, baby alpaca is an exceptionally fine grade of fiber (doesn't really have anything to do with how old the alpaca is lol it's micron based). and you don't really see too many sc's out there of pure alpaca, they're usually a blend. so yer coat is plenty lux.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › Barbour Mens Medium Ariel Jacket in Olive...unworn...NWT 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Forme d'Expression F/W Convertible Coat – sz 50 5 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...