or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1158

post #17356 of 54939
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedishin View Post

Actually ended up tagged 28" x 30" and not 29", but measures to a 30" waistband. Been tentatively dibsed, but send a PM if you're still interested.
Thanks! 30's too small for me though...
post #17357 of 54939
Thread Starter 
two great recent e thrifts.


post #17358 of 54939
Just totally accidentally thrifted some Mosley Tribes Hagen photochromic aviators in case, gold. I just thought the case
Was coll and was going to use it, but the glasses were inside, and the clerk was all, "how much are these worth. We had them in auction and they didn't sell". So I looked them up and they appear to go for between 90 and 200 on eBay. Not bad for $8 and no knowledge whatsoever.
post #17359 of 54939
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaydice View Post

uhoh.gif
uhoh.gif NO NO NO ON THE LV.

 

I was going to say, I'm pretty sure LV *never* *ever* uses pigskin or pigskin-look linings on their bags. And the goldtone metal bits look badly cast.  And the Os in Louis Vuitton look not quite the right shape of circular.  I know, right? :/

 

I have a fake LV bag here, and a maybe-real coin wallet, but it's come all apart at the seams. :(

post #17360 of 54939
So some of you may know I was employed by a luxury clothing company for the past year and while these may not be thrift prices they were really damn good deals (read all ties were $10). I'll be moving on to a new opportunity but I'll sure miss the sample sales...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These are only the highlights.... I picked up quite a few ties, kiton and Isaia. A terrific Hermes folio and three flasks (gave 1 to the GF, 1 to a sister and 1 I use quite often), a few pocket squares, a pair of white croc Gucci loafers ($2,400 retail) and some ferragamo tremezzas and some Magnanni loafers. A killer Cucinelli backpack and a nice filson bag. A few pairs of sunglasses and countless amounts of private label cashmere.



Oh and this.... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #17361 of 54939

 

post #17362 of 54939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotii View Post

 

I have a fake LV bag here, and a maybe-real coin wallet, but it's come all apart at the seams. :(

lv repaired wife's speedy when the piping went...

post #17363 of 54939
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post



We had four and called them the Beatles coats icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #17364 of 54939
Whoever is Hazelea, send me a pm please.
post #17365 of 54939
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZhammer View Post

So some of you may know I was employed by a luxury clothing company for the past year and while these may not be thrift prices they were really damn good deals (read all ties were $10). I'll be moving on to a new opportunity but I'll sure miss the sample sales... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These are only the highlights.... I picked up quite a few ties, kiton and Isaia. A terrific Hermes folio and three flasks (gave 1 to the GF, 1 to a sister and 1 I use quite often), a few pocket squares, a pair of white croc Gucci loafers ($2,400 retail) and some ferragamo tremezzas and some Magnanni loafers. A killer Cucinelli backpack and a nice filson bag. A few pairs of sunglasses and countless amounts of private label cashmere.



Oh and this.... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Dat everything.

post #17366 of 54939
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZhammer View Post

So some of you may know I was employed by a luxury clothing company for the past year and while these may not be thrift prices they were really damn good deals (read all ties were $10). I'll be moving on to a new opportunity but I'll sure miss the sample sales...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These are only the highlights.... I picked up quite a few ties, kiton and Isaia. A terrific Hermes folio and three flasks (gave 1 to the GF, 1 to a sister and 1 I use quite often), a few pocket squares, a pair of white croc Gucci loafers ($2,400 retail) and some ferragamo tremezzas and some Magnanni loafers. A killer Cucinelli backpack and a nice filson bag. A few pairs of sunglasses and countless amounts of private label cashmere.



Oh and this.... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Missed you around here, Ham.

Oh, and that Attolini you have on ebay is effing unbelievable. Makes me wish I hadn't slimmed down. Almost.
post #17367 of 54939
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Missed you around here, Ham.

Oh, and that Attolini you have on ebay is effing unbelievable. Makes me wish I hadn't slimmed down. Almost.

Samesies, I'll be able to thrift a lot more in the near future so hopefully I'lol be on as often as I used to be!

If you want it let me know, I'm inclined to see it go to an old friend biggrin.gif
post #17368 of 54939
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post
 

(here, they yell at you if you shop the roll-out rack - gotta wait until they put them out on the regular rack)

 

They tried instituting that rule here in Birmingham.  No dice. The average IQ around here is well south of 100 and the average thrifter doesn't even speak English. Needless to say, when a clothing rack rolls out from the processing area, it is descended upon by multiple human hyenas. Seriously, it looks like an Overeaters Anonymous field trip to the Pizza Hut buffet.

post #17369 of 54939
Yeehaw. The thrift gods have actually smiled on me a bit lately. No thriftening, but some good stuff. Started off with...


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Super nice Luigi Bianchi suit made with Zegna fabric. One of the nicer suits I've hefted.


Corneliani 3 roll 2 cashmere


Aforespoilered Saks 100% Cash LP sport coat. This thing is NOICE and if the arms were longer it would stay in my closet.

post #17370 of 54939
Quote:

Originally Posted by aging in rhythm View Post

All available icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Recent Burberry London SC. 42L

 

That's a nice piece.  I was in Burberry over the weekend, looks like HF doesn't make their suiting anymore, or is the suiting in the retail stores different from the suiting you get from Neimans and the like?  It was all made in Italy with a Burberry tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofa View Post

Okay guys, need some expertise. Just took delivery of this e-thrift.

 

No help on the maker, but those are sharp!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbadgley84 View Post

Zanella platinum Loro piana cashmere wool,'flat front Benny

 

Love that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)