or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1153

post #17281 of 51469
Jompso...a lot of win there. Any 44R slim fit or 42R in that bunch?
post #17282 of 51469
Quote:
Originally Posted by richnet12 View Post

Jompso...a lot of win there. Any 44R slim fit or 42R in that bunch?

Some are just sized on a normal scale so measurements would be needed but out of what's tagged I believe there's a 44L but I didn't check them all so I'll look through

post #17283 of 51469
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post

When in doubt, I tend to leave Woolrich items on the rack. Damned if ignorance isn't bliss!


I have never found any of the Suzuki line Woolrich. But, I have had good luck with the vintage 100% wool Made in USA stuff. It's not as $ as finding perfect Pendleton, but excellent like new stuff has been profitable.

There are a lot of things that when I first got started in this, I bought because I thought they were going to be great profit finds. Obviously we all learn from experience and I'm sure we all got burned on some things early on that we bought before we knew better!

I'm curious about what other people bought thinking they were thrift gold and later learned they are NOT.

I'll start by admitting some of my mistakes:

Tommy Bahama (I think a lot of folks got burned on this)
Anything with a problem that I thought was not a big deal (holes, missing buttons, etc)
Woolrich stuff that is not 100% wool or made in India, China, etc
Lots of different tie brands that I discovered are worth nothing unless it's for personal use
Something that I bought just because it's Cashmere
Lots of various designer Diffusion stuff
90's Armani stuff that is nothing special
Shoes with damage
NWT Department store brands because if it's NWT I could still make good money (Wrong)
Stuff I just liked and thought others would agree
Nike Polos (I have a ton of these because I thought I thought they were big money)
Pleated Zanellas
post #17284 of 51469
THIS ^^^^ and especially

this...

Pleated Zanellas
post #17285 of 51469
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 


As far as sales numbers are concerned, I have been having a stellar month.

 

Me, too. Sort of.  I have sold more in the the first 15 days of this month than all of last month.  AND I'm hoping it will continue until Christmas!  I have also listed more things.  

post #17286 of 51469

Maus and Hoffman Crocodile tassel loafers

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #17287 of 51469

Today's stuff:

 

My favourite, 1973 off Row bespoke overcoat with astrakhan collar, 24 p2p so 42-44 .  Not 100% sure on the fabric but could well be cashmere. 

 

 

 

Edwin x Margaret Howell and RRL tan jeans/chinos.  RRL NA for now.

 

 

 

Hacket moleskin blazer 38r

 

Versace tie.  Legit? @SpooPoker

 

 

More ties, nothing amazing

 


Edited by freehand - 10/19/15 at 9:40am
post #17288 of 51469
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post
 

Maus and Hoffman Crocodile tassel loafers

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

11.5?   DAMN!  PM sent! 

post #17289 of 51469

Nice haul! I don't say this often, but that Aquascutum is pretty nice.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by freehand View Post
 

Today's stuff:

 

My favourite, 1973 off Row bespoke overcoat with astrakhan collar, 24 p2p so 42-44 .  Not 100% sure on the fabric but could well be cashmere. 

 

 

 

post #17290 of 51469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post

 

RLBL Khaki Caruso suit

 

 

 

Details? I'm on the lookout for a summer suit for my son's First Communion next spring.

post #17291 of 51469
Anyone recognize this?
post #17292 of 51469
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbadgley84 View Post

Anyone recognize this?

From Angelo Galasso's now-defunct interno8 line. Here's a little background: http://www.bownsbespoke.com/interno8.htm and an interview in GQ UK: http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/style/articles/2011-05/03/gq-style-news-angelo-galasso-menswear-tailor/viewgallery/

post #17293 of 51469
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadjeans View Post

From Angelo Galasso's now-defunct interno8 line. Here's a little background: http://www.bownsbespoke.com/interno8.htm and an interview in GQ UK: http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/style/articles/2011-05/03/gq-style-news-angelo-galasso-menswear-tailor/viewgallery/
Ah thank you! I have never heard of this is it worthwhile? The bay has some mixed results
post #17294 of 51469
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbadgley84 View Post


Ah thank you! I have never heard of this is it worthwhile? The bay has some mixed results

I'm not sure about the resale value but at true thrift I'd kop and find out. Seems like there's a weird UK party-boy following.

post #17295 of 51469
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadjeans View Post

I'm not sure about the resale value but at true thrift I'd kop and find out. Seems like there's a weird UK party-boy following.
it's not not true thrift unfortunately or I would be all over it, it's a nice overcoat
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)