I can't remember if that multi-colored jacket is from 1993 or 1994?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 3:53 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1112post #16666 of 4816910/12/15 at 8:52pmpost #16667 of 4816910/12/15 at 8:55pmpost #16668 of 4816910/12/15 at 8:56pm
I have been too busy to hit the thrifting very hard lately. However, i left the office early today and was rewarded with this 1978 Kenwood KA-6100 integrated amplifier. The lights worked but i couldnt hook it up in the store. So I drove home, cleaned it up, and sprayed deoxIT on the pots. Holy cow what a great, warm, full sound and awesome aesthetic. Major audio upgrade. Thanks for the advice @Nataku.post #16669 of 4816910/12/15 at 8:56pmpost #16670 of 4816910/12/15 at 8:57pmpost #16671 of 4816910/12/15 at 9:01pmpost #16672 of 4816910/12/15 at 9:09pm
No time to make a full post right now, but a pretty cool stop last Friday. Nothing mind-blowing but some people here will definitely appreciate it.
also, huge thanks to @Nataku. He's hooking me up big time with a ton of dress shirts. FINALLY found some nice ones that fit, and they happen to be from my doppleganger with expensive taste that lives in LA. Fit pics eventually.
Edit: also, how do we edit our signatures now? can't seem to find it.
Edited by Ds13 - 10/12/15 at 9:22pmpost #16673 of 4816910/12/15 at 9:12pmpost #16674 of 4816910/12/15 at 9:14pmpost #16675 of 4816910/12/15 at 10:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gdwilson
I have been too busy to hit the thrifting very hard lately. However, i left the office early today and was rewarded with this 1978 Kenwood KA-6100 integrated amplifier. The lights worked but i couldnt hook it up in the store. So I drove home, cleaned it up, and sprayed deoxIT on the pots. Holy cow what a great, warm, full sound and awesome aesthetic. Major audio upgrade. Thanks for the advice @Nataku.
Vintage Kenwoods are solid systems. I'm rockin a KT-5300 Tuner and KA-3500 amp. They work and sound great! I actually have 2 of the KT-5300 Tuners. Been hoping to find another amp to pair it with, but I already have too much electronics lol. Let me know if you need a nice Kenwood tuner to match that amp, I'd be happy to set you up with this spare!post #16676 of 4816910/12/15 at 10:12pmSo a quick story to explain my first forum fit pic....
About 2 years ago my middle son had to go through 3 brain surgeries to remove brain tumors over the course of 3 months. In doing so he ended up being nominated for a make a wish trip. It was wonderful and they were amazing. He's doing well now. That being said they held a fundraiser tonight at arrowhead stadium with many of the KC Chiefs and other not poor people for make a wish fundraiser in which he was one of their sponsored kids for the event. Fun event met some great people but here's a fit pic with Chiefs qb alex smith.
Suit: burberry London its windowpane but can't tell from here
Shirt: rlpl royals blue white pinstriped
Shoes:not pictured walnut colored ae
Pocket square: hand made by wife
Family: kind enough to let me be apart of their group 😉post #16677 of 4816910/12/15 at 10:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Letric
Vintage Kenwoods are solid systems. I'm rockin a KT-5300 Tuner and KA-3500 amp. They work and sound great! I actually have 2 of the KT-5300 Tuners. Been hoping to find another amp to pair it with, but I already have too much electronics lol. Let me know if you need a nice Kenwood tuner to match that amp, I'd be happy to set you up with this spare!
Admittedly, I am extremely weak in the area of electronics thrifting. I am sure that there is a ton of junk out there. However, I probably pass up a lot of great stuff as well. Is there any type of basic buyer's guide or is it just product knowledge picked up through the years?post #16678 of 4816910/12/15 at 10:29pm
I would say there are a couple rules of thumb with electronics thrifting. I pay close attention to these:
- Vintage Pioneer, or the newer / fancier Pioneer Elite.
- Vintage metal-front Amps and Tuners.
- Made in Japan stuff.
- Really heavy things.
- Klipsch Speakers, especially the R-series.
- Really heavy, well made, solid speakers (that's how I found my Thiel CS1.2's)
- Turntables from Pioneer / Technics... tons of other brands, but im a turntable noob.
- Turntables with heavy metal construction.
When in doubt... Do a quick eBay search and etc. And ALWAYS make sure to test things in the store... or be able to return it. Some things are worth a gamble if cheap enough, and some things are worth it just for parts or to fix up (like that Technics SL-1700 table I just picked up).post #16679 of 4816910/12/15 at 10:32pmpost #16680 of 4816910/12/15 at 10:35pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 8 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Rugby hunting vest 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › List of wool mills please (ASAP) 12 minutes ago
- › Why is Restaurant Service So BAD at times these days? 12 minutes ago
- › FSL Visvim Zermatt Folk Edition 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...