or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 641

post #9601 of 13953

Cliffnotes update on my shitty Grailed chargeback case:

 

Payton Guenter (Austin, TX), Grailed username paytong, paid using Amex through Paypal for a Helmut blazer.  initiated a "payment not authorized" chargeback about a month later via amex.  Of course he played dumb when I emailed him about it.

 

Lucky for him, his Grailed & Paypal info match exactly, he confirmed his name/address/email, etc through grailed messaging after making the purchase.  Shipped Priority w/ signature confirmation.  USPS will also email proof of delivery with the actual signature/printed address, etc, so I submitted that and the Grailed conversation log to Paypal.  I got notice today from Paypal that I was covered under seller protection, and the hold on the payment amount was removed.  I guess PP is still disputing with Amex, I'm curious if chargeback will end up going through, but either way it won't affect me now.  Knowing Amex, it will, but I'm really pleasantly surprised w/ Paypal after hearing so many horror stories re: sellers having no protection.

 

Also, what kind of idiot buys a felted wool blazer when they live in Texas?

post #9602 of 13953
Glad things worked out
post #9603 of 13953

Thats so dirty that people do that.  After a while, can't paypal catch on and say - hey, this guy has initiated 5 chargebacks on different people- maybe something is going on?

post #9604 of 13953
Yeah but people do it because it's so easy. I've had it happen 4 times, I lost twice.
post #9605 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post

I'm not either frown.gif. I have to dig them up on Facebook, which incidentally is an amazing way to find pockets of life behind what can sometimes look like a sleepy city

 

Not to keep harping on the poor city (especially as most people don't care), but I think this says a lot: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/andrew-king-sparks-street-shirts-1.3537684

I lived there for four years while going to school. After the initial novelty wore off, the best thing about it was its proximity to Montreal.

But I'm sure D.C. is a lovely city. I look forward to visiting it at some point.

post #9606 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

New Canadian fashion mag looks promising

http://www.intelligencemagazine.com/

https://www.instagram.com/intelligencemag/

great, i like the look! +Canadian! Gonna pitch to them! thanks

post #9607 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgaith77 View Post
 

Looks like the other Canadian craft+culture publication that also begins with "I"

I'm usually too buried in my creative work to keep up... which one is this? thanks :)

post #9608 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by byAsum View Post

I'm usually too buried in my creative work to keep up... which one is this? thanks smile.gif

Inventory. They closed though.

http://www.inventorymagazine.com/
post #9609 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post


Inventory. They closed though.

http://www.inventorymagazine.com/

Oh :embar: nm, thanks tho!

post #9610 of 13953

https://mensstylelab.com/#/

 

post #9611 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

New Canadian fashion mag looks promising

http://www.intelligencemagazine.com/

https://www.instagram.com/intelligencemag/


 this sasquatchfabrix editorial is beautiful, looks like a nice mag

 

http://www.intelligencemagazine.com/out-of-lines

 

post #9612 of 13953
I think DC is a great city. Public transportation is good on the weekdays if metro is not on fire. Easy walking and biking.

Food is good but definitely takes some searching. Unfortunately, good ethnic food is in the burbs (except Thai and Ethiopian).

Lots of free cultural events, several good music venues, cheap booze.
post #9613 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitlets View Post

I think DC is a great city. Public transportation is good on the weekdays if metro is not on fire. Easy walking and biking.

Food is good but definitely takes some searching. Unfortunately, good ethnic food is in the burbs (except Thai and Ethiopian).

Lots of free cultural events, several good music venues, cheap booze.

That's a HUGE if. (DC metro area resident for 20+ years)

post #9614 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoCrimson View Post
 

That's a HUGE if. (DC metro area resident for 20+ years)

 

I'm an unfortunate red liner and I have to say, the metro is a total mess during the week at rush hour. On the weekends, fuggedaboutit. Love the city, despite this fact. I think good food is actually really easy to come by...especially delicious gelato...shameless plug for Dolcezza - my wife's family's business :-)

post #9615 of 13953
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue peter View Post
 

 

I'm an unfortunate red liner and I have to say, the metro is a total mess during the week at rush hour. On the weekends, fuggedaboutit. Love the city, despite this fact. I think good food is actually really easy to come by...especially delicious gelato...shameless plug for Dolcezza - my wife's family's business :-)

DUDE. No need. I've spent thousands over the years on my Dolcezza gelato habit. That Berry Marscapone and PB Stracciatella

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)