Not just "in a way". but exactly in the same way, then.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicFashiontagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 0 10 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 10 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Suittagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - 19CM STRETCH VISCOSE WOOL BLEND TROUSERStagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - BRASS SPOON NECKLACEtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - CLASSIC WOOL MARTINI JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - DOUBLE COLLAR TROPICAL WOOL JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15More
- itemMargiela 11 double ring belt SS12tagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMargiela Sandalstagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicMensweartagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) Last post on 3/20/16 at 8:21am in Classic Menswear
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Modern Raw Denim Jacket Last post on 2/2/16 at 11:22am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- I accidentally spilled a drop of fish oil onto a pair of boots....Last edited: 1/29/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 623post #9331 of 161024/19/16 at 9:54amThread Starterpost #9332 of 161024/19/16 at 10:09amThis article and the ensuing discussion is funny but let's parse what you're supposed to get out of it (Fuumawisdom edition-tm):
post #9333 of 161024/19/16 at 10:42ampost #9334 of 161024/19/16 at 10:59ampost #9335 of 161024/19/16 at 11:28amQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
- Even women in fashion tend to apply relatively mainstream criterias about gender roles when it comes to dressing (or so they say). Cause they know the topic they'll have developped a style taxonomy and a list of precise exclusions.
- Make no mistake, they see normal (badly dressed) dude and they're not into it either.
- A certain surface coherence between how you present yourself (lifestyle) and how you dress is appreciated, no one likes a poseur even though authenticity is an absurd concept.
- No one here gives a damn because we're clothing enthousiasts. With that being said people tend to react positively when you have passions and present them in a compelling way.
- Girls I know have made a list of what I and other guys are not supposed to wear, even busy people tend to free time when it is to be spent bitching.
- LAGuy dresses like an asian cowboy on a kid's scooter and his wive forgives him, he should def stop for some flowers today and maybe the day after.
- Nothing in that list makes much sense, you shouldn't trust people on the internutz
Personality and clothing ARE linked, insofar as clothing is a signifier of you interact with your environment, what cultural groups you are in or aspire to be in, your consumer values, and the list goes on. Obviously, your clothing doesn't say everything about your personality, but it's certainly not insignificant, and is probably important compared to a lot of other consumer choices, especially given that clothing is something you care about.
Right now, do you wear full Engineered Garments (or full Edward Green?) or full Rick?
I wear full eg now. If I were dating I would definitely wear full APC or something inoffensive like that. It's like showing up for a date in an old lancia Delta vs. a sensible 3 seriespost #9336 of 161024/19/16 at 11:29ampost #9337 of 161024/19/16 at 11:53ampost #9338 of 161024/19/16 at 11:55ampost #9339 of 161024/19/16 at 11:57ampost #9340 of 161024/19/16 at 11:59am
Jesus, they have wooden pocket squares in case you want to match your wooden tie to your wooden square to your wooden lapel flower to your wood-brimmed fedora. Complete with folding instructions!:post #9341 of 161024/19/16 at 12:02pmHow real is the speculation that Raf is going to takeover at Calvin Klein? If he is so bummed out about the current fashion schedule and everything how is CK going to be any better? I'm genuinely asking, I don't know enough about these things.
Overhauling CK actually seems right up Hedi's alley.
EDIT: link - http://www.businessoffashion.com/articles/news-analysis/francisco-costa-and-italo-zucchelli-exiting-calvin-kleinpost #9342 of 161024/19/16 at 12:05pmpost #9343 of 161024/19/16 at 12:09pmpost #9344 of 161024/19/16 at 12:14pmpost #9345 of 161024/19/16 at 12:16pm
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
Currently, there are 1650 Active Users (329 Members and 1321 Guests)
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 4 minutes ago
- › NEW Tricker's Navy Stow Boots Red Dainite Soles 10 UK equals 11 US 4 minutes ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Patagonia 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 10 minutes ago
- › NEW Tricker's Cipresso Shell CapToe Boots UK10, US11 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...