Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicFashiontagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 0 10 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 10 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Suittagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - 19CM STRETCH VISCOSE WOOL BLEND TROUSERStagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - BRASS SPOON NECKLACEtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - CLASSIC WOOL MARTINI JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - DOUBLE COLLAR TROPICAL WOOL JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15More
- itemMargiela 11 double ring belt SS12tagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMargiela Sandalstagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicMensweartagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) Last post on 3/20/16 at 8:21am in Classic Menswear
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Modern Raw Denim Jacket Last post on 2/2/16 at 11:22am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- I accidentally spilled a drop of fish oil onto a pair of boots....Last edited: 1/29/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 614post #9196 of 150834/14/16 at 5:57pmpost #9197 of 150834/14/16 at 6:20pmpost #9198 of 150834/14/16 at 6:36pmpost #9199 of 150834/14/16 at 7:27pmpost #9200 of 150834/14/16 at 7:28pmpost #9201 of 150834/14/16 at 8:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Two Shoes
Feels like Gr@iled is rapidly declining under its own weight. There is simply too much fluff to browse through anymore. Even with my filters applied, every other item is Supreme, Bape or some other equally-garish hypebeast piece of junk.
There are also too many people selling $50 baseball caps. I was looking just now, and there is seriously somebody selling a Uniqlo shirt for $20. How is that possibly worth the effort to even take the photos? Feels like the entire site is becoming populated by 15 year-olds.
I almost wish they would create different sections, one for more streetwear oriented stuff and one for artisanal and higher-end brands.
The thing is, they do have that. It'd be a pain in the ass, but if they actually enforced it (ie certain brands automatically get filtered into "hype" or "basic") that'd make browsing way better. No secret that Grilled is trying to cater to the "designer streetwear" crowd mostly. Can't really blame them either, as it seems to be where most of the consistent/high-turnover money is.post #9202 of 150834/14/16 at 9:16pmpost #9203 of 150834/14/16 at 9:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by gustavobradley
The thing is, they do have that. It'd be a pain in the ass, but if they actually enforced it (ie certain brands automatically get filtered into "hype" or "basic") that'd make browsing way better. No secret that Grilled is trying to cater to the "designer streetwear" crowd mostly. Can't really blame them either, as it seems to be where most of the consistent/high-turnover money is.
And yet according to Fok on SF, it's the CM side that drives B&S. Arguably, the guys buying that stuff probably have higher income and more money to spend, like how your average iron man amateur earns $300k in their day job: expensive hobby. But they're also peculiar about how they like to shop. For that crowd browsing Grailed might be like taking your grandfather to a wu-tang showpost #9204 of 150834/14/16 at 9:50pmThread Starterpost #9205 of 150834/14/16 at 9:56pm@msg That doesn't totally surprise me, and speaks more towards the demographics of the two sites. SF definitely serves a niche for CM, and it makes sense that that's where the bulk of the B&S activity comes from. It might be a product of me not looking, but I've never come across a market or site that caters to that customer in that way. I'm also assuming that, for Grilled, it evens out through volume: selling 10 Supreme shirts for every one or two real "Grail" pieces, for example. Quick, easy, pays the bills, etc.post #9206 of 150834/14/16 at 10:56pmThey've said in a few different interviews that the average sale price is $150, that's definitely much more supreme than HL. At least they're working on a way to make offers "binding" although I do t see how it would make a huge difference in flakes. And what is the total fee on grailed now? 9.5?post #9207 of 150834/14/16 at 11:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum
They've said in a few different interviews that the average sale price is $150, that's definitely much more supreme than HL. At least they're working on a way to make offers "binding" although I do t see how it would make a huge difference in flakes. And what is the total fee on grailed now? 9.5?
6% transaction fee and Paypal fees (which they probably get a bulk discount on). It depends on how they structure the transaction, but anywhere from 8%-10% sounds right. I haven't sold anything on Grailed in a long long time, so I can't run exact numbers.post #9208 of 150834/14/16 at 11:59pmpost #9209 of 150834/15/16 at 12:47ampost #9210 of 150834/15/16 at 2:01amQuote:
Actually the 1461 monos toebox is more tapered than regular 1461. That, along the lack of half sizes, is bothering my pinky toe.
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › CROCKETT AND JONES VINCENT TASSEL LOAFER IN POLO BROWN SUEDE UK 10 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Jeeves - Vass shoes and elegant menswear accessories - Official... 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...