Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicFashiontagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 0 10 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 10 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Suittagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - 19CM STRETCH VISCOSE WOOL BLEND TROUSERStagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - BRASS SPOON NECKLACEtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - CLASSIC WOOL MARTINI JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - DOUBLE COLLAR TROPICAL WOOL JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15More
- itemMargiela 11 double ring belt SS12tagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMargiela Sandalstagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicMensweartagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:26 am in Classic Menswear
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) Last post on 3/20/16 at 8:21am in Classic Menswear
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Modern Raw Denim Jacket Last post on 2/2/16 at 11:22am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- I accidentally spilled a drop of fish oil onto a pair of boots....Last edited: 1/29/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 613post #9181 of 139324/14/16 at 12:09pmpost #9182 of 139324/14/16 at 12:18pmQuote:
Not sure if this is a meta dig at SZ for having that photoshoot at the site of a disaster.
If Freddie Gibbs has taught me anything, it's that Gary, Indiana is fucking awful.post #9183 of 139324/14/16 at 12:33pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyPunch
I did the European equivalent of this. Moved to London, got a job, then got to work remotely... I live in a small town in southern Europe with much better weather, no commute time, and I pay in rent less than 7% of my salary for a duplex (actually, 3.5% because the other half is paid by my gf). If I still were renting the same studio in London (which was as big as my living room now) I'd be paying over 25% (I was paying more when I was there as my salary was lower).
So yeah, getting a salary from an expensive place and living on a cheap place is the way to go. Although some people would get bored where I live now easily, but personally I don't miss London in the slightest (actually I try to go there once per year at most, my boss is ok with that), and I could move to a big city that would still be way cheaper than London.
There are many reasons that I decided to stay here in Moscow, ID, and that is one of them. I thought hard about what benefits I would get from being in a major metropolis, either in the Bay Area, or somewhere decidedly cheaper, and the cons far outweighed the pros, for me, at this time in my life.
I suppose that if I were 25, single, and with no kids, my calculations would have taken me elsewhere.post #9184 of 139324/14/16 at 12:38pmpost #9185 of 139324/14/16 at 12:40pmQuote:
Come for the cost of living, stay because you've been murdered there.post #9186 of 139324/14/16 at 12:49pmpost #9187 of 139324/14/16 at 12:54pmQuote:
This could be a t-shirt! funnyQuote:
Me too, never took that seriously. I just googled it though and it looks very picturesque … it must be quite pleasant there, never been to Idaho.post #9188 of 139324/14/16 at 1:06pmThread StarterQuote:Quote:
Yeah, it's a nice place. Even a few decent places for food these days. Great farmers market in the summers. A lot of random people from all over who either move back, after having been elsewhere, or end up here because of family connections, or like me, were drawn by the two universities 8 miles from each other. Recently, we just got an honest to goodness good pastry chef and a cakemaker. There is also a guy here who does pretty decent croissants. Sorta an odd, cool, town that was once an old hippie enclave.post #9189 of 139324/14/16 at 1:41pmpost #9190 of 139324/14/16 at 2:19pmpost #9191 of 139324/14/16 at 4:08pmY'all could just hit the nice middle ground and live in a city like Denver (but not Denver, WE'RE FULL). We have most of the good qualities of a larger metropolis but without the bursting-at-the-seams population crowding and a relatively low cost of living in the grand scheme of things. Plus, mountains.post #9192 of 139324/14/16 at 4:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by cyc wid it
Amazon trying to make a bigger push into fashunz:
I told them no. Flat negative. NFW. Give me a couple years and I'm the one coming with an offer, Jeff!post #9193 of 139324/14/16 at 5:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by Noctone
Y'all could just hit the nice middle ground and live in a city like Denver (but not Denver, WE'RE FULL). We have most of the good qualities of a larger metropolis but without the bursting-at-the-seams population crowding and a relatively low cost of living in the grand scheme of things. Plus, mountains.
Plus, anytime you want you can just head on over to the ocean. Wait a second…post #9194 of 139324/14/16 at 5:49pmpost #9195 of 139324/14/16 at 5:57pmFeels like Gr@iled is rapidly declining under its own weight. There is simply too much fluff to browse through anymore. Even with my filters applied, every other item is Supreme, Bape or some other equally-garish hypebeast piece of junk.
There are also too many people selling $50 baseball caps. I was looking just now, and there is seriously somebody selling a Uniqlo shirt for $20. How is that possibly worth the effort to even take the photos? Feels like the entire site is becoming populated by 15 year-olds.
I almost wish they would create different sections, one for more streetwear oriented stuff and one for artisanal and higher-end brands.
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › S.E.H Kelly 7 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 42 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 4 minutes ago
- › Need help selecting a belt 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...