or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 607

post #9091 of 15079
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

Me trying to enjoy clothes the "right" way in 2016.


You do understand that such standards refer to bourgeois good taste, a phantom limb of taste that died in the 80s but has yet to be acknowledged as KIA.
post #9092 of 15079
I think most people I know would consider the money spent on this forum The "wrong" way. But I can't really make a convincing argument in defense that at the same time discounts the spending that we consider "poor taste" (yeezy etc). in the end just buy what you like
post #9093 of 15079

Speaking of Hypebeast and the secondary market, anyone have any opinions on Alden of Madison's recent statement giving priority for limited releases to their best customers?

 

I personally don't have a problem with this.  AoM is probably one of the most expensive to run shoe stores in the country (second to maybe Leffot?) and only sells Alden shoes.  Their loyal customers keep the business afloat, so they deserve to get first crack at limited releases. 

post #9094 of 15079
Wannabe Ferrari I guess.
post #9095 of 15079
Porsche has begun doing it as well.
post #9096 of 15079
@LA Guy, is there a way to be notified of @tags other than e-mail notification? something like the PM pop-up.
post #9097 of 15079
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landau View Post
 

Speaking of Hypebeast and the secondary market, anyone have any opinions on Alden of Madison's recent statement giving priority for limited releases to their best customers?

 

I personally don't have a problem with this.  AoM is probably one of the most expensive to run shoe stores in the country (second to maybe Leffot?) and only sells Alden shoes.  Their loyal customers keep the business afloat, so they deserve to get first crack at limited releases. 

It probably could have been messaged privately to the best customers as a special thing for them.  I mean, this happens anyway, for every business.  VIP incentives are nearly always there.

post #9098 of 15079
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post

@LA Guy, is there a way to be notified of @tags other than e-mail notification? something like the PM pop-up.

Nope, at least, not on our current system.  Maybe in a new iteration, you could get a direct notifcation from the app, and/or get onsite notifications.

post #9099 of 15079
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Nope, at least, not on our current system.  Maybe in a new iteration, you could get a direct notifcation from the app, and/or get onsite notifications.

can you send extra email notifications to @nahneun, is there an uncle nephew setting tongue.gif
post #9100 of 15079
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

It probably could have been messaged privately to the best customers as a special thing for them.  I mean, this happens anyway, for every business.  VIP incentives are nearly always there.

I admire their openess about it in a way though.
post #9101 of 15079
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landau View Post

I admire their openess about it in a way though.

It's both ballsy, and a little stupid.  That said, I can understand that they probably get frustrated, and made this not excellent public announcement.

post #9102 of 15079
Hermes too, but I mean these are fucking Aldens.
post #9103 of 15079
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

Hermes too, but I mean these are fucking Aldens.

I never understood Hermes. I actually have Hermes riding gear (what they originally made), and it's quite good, but I never got how a store that sold saddles became a super high end luxary good store.
post #9104 of 15079
That Faust op-ed is hilariously terrible. It's about as prosaic as you would expect from a high school sophomore cribbing Cliff's Notes to write a book report, and has almost as much intellectual rigor as the steaming pile of shit my dog dropped on the ground a couple hours ago. He and his coterie of uninviting, pretentious pricks are way more dangerous to the continued viability of the avant-garde corner of the fashion world than grailed could ever hope to be.

e: I noticed sz-mag isn't optimized for mobile viewing and I'd bet dollars to donuts that was a very intentional choice by Faust
Edited by Noctone - 4/12/16 at 8:39pm
post #9105 of 15079
Alden becoming hermes... uhoh.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)