or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 474

post #7096 of 13920
Thread Starter 

So, here is a dilemna,

 

1) It is well known that fashion people do not have any muscle mass.  I am hardly a huge guy, and let's face it my drop should be bigger (I'm Chinese and grew up with Italians, so...) but, a size 50 in the CCP scarstitch fits will to a little loose through the torso, but a pretty slim through the shoulders, back and chest.

 

So, options: 1) I don't lift, do pushups or pullups, and let my muscles atrophy like a proper fashion person; 2) I work out more, but with less lifting, so that I am actually in shape, then I get that jacket, and let a leather expert work on it.   Or would that be sacrilege?

post #7097 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

So many awesome projects right now:

Shoutout to NMWA @gdl203, @conceptual 4est, @willy cheesesteak et al - both CM & SWD
Shoutout to SF @LA Guy, @Synthese, @oisin et al (with SNS to come too!)

Waiting for @SuspensionPoint too.

drool.gif

Not enough money.

And they are?
post #7098 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

So many awesome projects right now:

Shoutout to NMWA @gdl203, @conceptual 4est, @willy cheesesteak et al - both CM & SWD
Shoutout to SF @LA Guy, @Synthese, @oisin et al (with SNS to come too!)

Waiting for @SuspensionPoint too.

drool.gif

Not enough money.

 

This is the time to invest in your (near) future! 

post #7099 of 13920
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post


And they are?

Here is our Stephan Schneider preorder (5 outerwear pieces and 1 pant): http://www.styleforum.net/t/517050/stephan-schneider-styleforum-preorders-are-now-open-until-noon-february-3

 

The No Man one is here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/358758/no-man-walks-alone-official-affiliate-thread/29150_50#post_8291133

 

The SNS Herning stuff will come a little later.  We will be doing a preorder of what are their more interesting, directional pieces that you might not be able to easily pick up elsewhere, and we are also sampling a shawl collar cardigan that I sketched out that encapsulates both the heritage and the directional aspects of the SNS Herning collection.  I think that it's pretty cool.  We just have to make sure that it works when it is sampled.  We already considered things like balancing the knit gauge of the different sections (so that the garment is balanced and flatters, a special hangtag to honor Soren's father, etc..., but truthfully, for knitwear, you never know exactly how it is going to turn out until it is sampled.  He and I are both stoked about the project.  Hope you'll like it as well. 

post #7100 of 13920
The burgundy memory coat inlove.gif
post #7101 of 13920
Thread Starter 

Oh right, and @gdl203 is also doing a Norwegian Rain preorder, and the Luxire x Styleforum leathers are finally at a stage where I feel that they are ready for preorders.  Dual zip chunky Talon zippers.  You don't see that every day.

post #7102 of 13920
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

The burgundy memory coat inlove.gif

Yeah, between all the preorders, I could blow about half a year's budget.  The problem really is to narrow it to 1-2 pieces so that I won't be getting the shakes from withdrawal.  Also, I've got to budget for a new CCP scarstitch, to work into my "dark western" outfits.

post #7103 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

So, here is a dilemna,

1) It is well known that fashion people do not have any muscle mass.  I am hardly a huge guy, and let's face it my drop should be bigger (I'm Chinese and grew up with Italians, so...) but, a size 50 in the CCP scarstitch fits will to a little loose through the torso, but a pretty slim through the shoulders, back and chest.

So, options: 1) I don't lift, do pushups or pullups, and let my muscles atrophy like a proper fashion person; 2) I work out more, but with less lifting, so that I am actually in shape, then I get that jacket, and let a leather expert work on it.   Or would that be sacrilege?

Doesn't help your situation but I recall you and I being about the same size at one point. You remember trying on the Fabio Quaranta jacket from Yoox in the denim wool makeup? I recall you saying it was too tight in the shoulder and back, but the jacket fits me pretty well OTR. (Still experience some limit in the amount of movement I can make with my arms, I think the armhole and the way the shoulder is designed makes it inherently so.)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
12043858155_828217d3c3_b.jpg
12044712696_69b6baf4f6_b.jpg

I stopped lifting for a year (2015) and everything fits me "better" now although my pants are huge in the waist FWIW. I haven't looked back, yet..

I thought you trained a lot in MMA? Don't you know by now how your body reacts during periods of frequent activity/inactivity?
post #7104 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Yeah, between all the preorders, I could blow about half a year's budget.  The problem really is to narrow it to 1-2 pieces so that I won't be getting the shakes from withdrawal.  Also, I've got to budget for a new CCP scarstitch, to work into my "dark western" outfits.

My only question is, how do I get away with two burgundy coats (Norwegian rain and the memory) and my summer ventile coat is red as well.
post #7105 of 13920
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post


Doesn't help your situation but I recall you and I being about the same size at one point. You remember trying on the Fabio Quaranta jacket from Yoox in the denim wool makeup? I recall you saying it was too tight in the shoulder and back, but the jacket fits me pretty well OTR. (Still experience some limit in the amount of movement I can make with my arms, I think the armhole and the way the shoulder is designed makes it inherently so.) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
12043858155_828217d3c3_b.jpg
12044712696_69b6baf4f6_b.jpg

I stopped lifting for a year (2015) and everything fits me "better" now although my pants are huge in the waist FWIW. I haven't looked back, yet..

I thought you trained a lot in MMA? Don't you know by now how your body reacts during periods of frequent activity/inactivity?

That jacket looks a lot better in you than on me.  You must be considerably smaller than me these days, because back then, the shoulders were tight, and the arms really tight, and I am sure that right now, I'd hulk out of the thing.  

 

Yeah, I did a lot of MMA, and I never took a break from training in one form or another until a medical problem grounded me, pretty much literally, for over 6 months.  Um, I felt like shit and lost weight, both muscle mass and fat.  Then I was moving around, but not allowed to work out, and I ate more, and just felt gross... and weak...  

 

Anyway, it was mostly a joke.  I think that I'll just get the size 50 when and if I have the discipline to save my fun money for a few months.  It fits pretty well.  I'm just always a bit surprised at home little drop there is in fashion jackets.

post #7106 of 13920
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post


My only question is, how do I get away with two burgundy coats (Norwegian rain and the memory) and my summer ventile coat is red as well.

Dude, you are not going to wear them all at the same time, so you're fine.  

 

I mean, you'lll be a little bit of "that guy with the red coats", but you know, screw the haters.

post #7107 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

 

So, options: 1) I don't lift, do pushups or pullups, and let my muscles atrophy like a proper fashion person; 2) I work out more, but with less lifting, so that I am actually in shape, then I get that jacket, and let a leather expert work on it.   Or would that be sacrilege?

If it's a white scarstitch, ignore everything and get it NOW. Otherwise, (2) is probably the right call. When you're not just born stick thin, it's hard to even atrophy to "fashion appropriate" and you'll probably feel/think you look like shit. (2) is more fun, better for you overall, and you'll actually get something out of it if you decide at some point you don't like the scarstitch anymore. 

 

Oh, and btw, what boots are those you're wearing in the SF in Paris: Day 0 photo?

post #7108 of 13920
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
 

If it's a white scarstitch, ignore everything and get it NOW. Otherwise, (2) is probably the right call. When you're not just born stick thin, it's hard to even atrophy to "fashion appropriate" and you'll probably feel/think you look like shit. (2) is more fun, better for you overall, and you'll actually get something out of it if you decide at some point you don't like the scarstitch anymore. 

 

Oh, and btw, what boots are those you're wearing in the SF in Paris: Day 0 photo?

1) Jasper picked that shot in which he looks good and I look like an idiot.

2) Those are the @Epaulet chelseas, which, because the the rounder, more substantial toe, are not as dainty as many chelseas, but have a vaguely western, more rugged, look to them - which fits me perfectly.  Also, they are crepe soled and super comfortable when you are schlepping around a city made nearly entirely of cobblestone.

post #7109 of 13920
I know you're just jokin', but always buy what fits/looks good on you. There's a ton of great stuff out there that just doesn't work for me/my body type. I was envious of having a scarstitch for like two years, finally got ahold of one, and just plain didn't like it. It looked pretty cool, but wasn't my style. Enjoyed it more hanging on the wall.
post #7110 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Dude, you are not going to wear them all at the same time, so you're fine.  

I mean, you'lll be a little bit of "that guy with the red coats", but you know, screw the haters.

I'm already the guy who dresses almost entirely in dark blue with the fluffy dog with the overly expensive coats, so adding the guy with red coats isn't going to bother me too much.

My Albam ventile is up for replacement anyway, as my biceps don't fit anymore shog[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)