I think most trades make between 50-150k here in BC as well.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicFashiontagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 0 10 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 10 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Suittagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - 19CM STRETCH VISCOSE WOOL BLEND TROUSERStagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - BRASS SPOON NECKLACEtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - CLASSIC WOOL MARTINI JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - DOUBLE COLLAR TROPICAL WOOL JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15More
- itemMargiela 11 double ring belt SS12tagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMargiela Sandalstagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicMensweartagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) Last post on 3/20/16 at 8:21am in Classic Menswear
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Modern Raw Denim Jacket Last post on 2/2/16 at 11:22am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- I accidentally spilled a drop of fish oil onto a pair of boots....Last edited: 1/29/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 471post #7052 of 125971/28/16 at 11:05ampost #7053 of 125971/28/16 at 11:08ampost #7054 of 125971/28/16 at 11:12ampost #7055 of 125971/28/16 at 11:14ampost #7056 of 125971/28/16 at 11:16ampost #7057 of 125971/28/16 at 11:17amQuote:Originally Posted by Parker
lol. I don't think they actually did a catlaog. It was basically a trad men's shop catering to dudes on the coast. so sailing, beach, etc. I think they had a shop in LA (westwood?) and in Newport. They kinda captured a certain time period though. 60s-80s button-down style.
Another fashion memory from that era is going to the Van's store in Corona del Mar and ordering custom sneakers. You could specify the color of any canvas panel.post #7058 of 125971/28/16 at 11:18ampost #7059 of 125971/28/16 at 11:23ampost #7060 of 125971/28/16 at 11:35amThread StarterBack to fashion - I just got in and tried on the latest version of the Luxire x Styleforum double rider, and it fits really well. As ti turns out, the last jacket I tried on before this was the CCP Scarstitch in a size 50, and they fit pretty much the same, with the CCP being very slightly slimmer through the chest and around the shoulders, and with shorter arms, since CCP arms are deliberately just a littel long.1) Can I say "Fits like the scarstitch in the equivalent size" as shorthand?2) Can I buy a scarstitch in CORs and write it off as a legitimate business expense?post #7061 of 125971/28/16 at 11:42ampost #7062 of 125971/28/16 at 11:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Parker
I don't think it was always this way though. I remember the older guys in So Cal were well-dressed until about the end of the 80s. The wave of preppy kept a bunch of people looking pretty sharp. Then it all seemed to go downhill. Around the same time, many of the "classic" mens shops closed up. Maybe it was the influence of designer or branded clothes or just cheaper production or the rise of discounters. Whatever happened, I agree Americans got used to thinking about clothes as disposable cheap stuff you only buy on sale.
It's pretty much the same in the UK. Canterbury once had a tailors, but that closed down years ago. There's a small countrywear shop (think Barbour, red cords and moderately priced Irish tweed jackets) but it's basically a desert for decent clothes - Polo and Gant are considered high end and available in one department store. You have to go to the really big cities to find anything half decent. There are a few older guys about - typically late 60's and older who dress reasonably well, but cheap jeans and 'sportswear' dominate.Quote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
Maybe, but I've spent a lot of time throughout Europe, and not just with fashion people, and not just in major metropolitan areas. You said you've never been to the US. ime, the concept of "self reliance" is much stronger here than in Europe. I mean, one of the growing religions in the US, Mormonism, even has that in their core belief systems. Do you know of anyone in Europe who has stockpiled 6 months of rations and other survival gear? I know a lot of "normal" American who have that in their basement, plus some weapons and ammmunition, in the event of civilization's downfall. These are not crazies, either, though I suppos that crazy is a relative term here.
I think that it is a very similar shop, but there are over 2200 Home depot stores, an order of magnitude more than there are of Bauhaus stores. And they are all uniformly gigantic. And that is just the biggest chain,. There are numerous other stores with similar things. Put it this way. In central san Francisco, I have found a handful of hardware stores with power tools, etc... In my town alone, apart from the Home Depot, there are at least half a dozen stores like it, independent and from smaller chains.
We do have a growing 'prepper' movement although largely without the guns... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34637377
Mormonism had a brief period of strong growth in the 70's (I think The Osmonds were probably behind it), some of my older cousins joined. I don't think it's declining, although the UK is a much more secular society than the US. I don't think power tools have taken off that much though...post #7063 of 125971/28/16 at 12:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
I'll report it to tech, but it could also be malware on your computer - there have been a bunch that wait and pop up ads to your computer when you go to frequently visited sites, particularly forums and news sites - so you may also want to check that.
Could you please tell me your browser and OS?
Also, what is Izuzu Yukon?
Firefox on Mac (osx 10.11). Entirely probable its malware on my computer.
And some kind of SUV, the brand of which I failed to spell
Edited by Lorcan7 - 1/28/16 at 12:47pmpost #7064 of 125971/28/16 at 2:11pmpost #7065 of 125971/28/16 at 2:44pmQuote:
Scandi is the land of everything contemporary designer for everyone (along with COS), very special case IMHO. Even most of the interior design companies/furniture are in that range and people buy from scandi brands (not necessarily from their own country though).
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 4 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 25 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 32 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 37 minutes ago
- › Loake Aldwych Dark Brown Burnished Calf - UK8.5F 38 minutes ago
- › Tricker's Stow boot Accorn colour Commando soles UK7.5 42 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 48 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...