Happened to me once. I was kind enough to reverse the transaction.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicFashiontagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 0 10 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 10 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Suittagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - 19CM STRETCH VISCOSE WOOL BLEND TROUSERStagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - BRASS SPOON NECKLACEtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - CLASSIC WOOL MARTINI JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - DOUBLE COLLAR TROPICAL WOOL JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15More
- itemMargiela 11 double ring belt SS12tagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMargiela Sandalstagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicMensweartagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:19 am in Classic Menswear
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) Last post on 3/20/16 at 8:21am in Classic Menswear
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Modern Raw Denim Jacket Last post on 2/2/16 at 11:22am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- I accidentally spilled a drop of fish oil onto a pair of boots....Last edited: 1/29/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 468post #7007 of 161891/27/16 at 12:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
lol. Um, if anyone is interested, I can ask Deborah about it.
This season, we are going to try to introduce the brand to the US market. Not gonna lie, the prices are high for the men's contemporary category, which is where de Bonne Facture is placed, and this is the reason it's been difficult to introduce to the US market. However, imo, it's a matter of getting the stuff into the hands of people who really appreciate the aesthetic, the materials, and the make quality, to really get it to take off, so we will be doing just a signature product, a short "Coach" jacket in a textured basketweave, in navy and perhaps grey, at a significant discount, to do just that - get it into the hands of people who can appreciate it. It will be a one time thing though, the opportunity to get in on the ground floor.
re. the shearling in particular, I think that she would be tickled to sell a single one of those, so, I'd be happy to ask if we could do that for selected customers.
Are we talking $1,000? $3,000? $5,000?post #7008 of 161891/27/16 at 12:36pmThread Starterpost #7009 of 161891/27/16 at 2:26pmpost #7010 of 161891/27/16 at 2:32pmpost #7011 of 161891/27/16 at 2:37pmQuote:
Outside their leather jockey jaket i don't think their pricing is that bad.post #7012 of 161891/27/16 at 3:46pmpost #7013 of 161891/27/16 at 7:12pmThread StarterQuote:
The pricing is not that bad, but that lower priced designer/higher priced contemporary menswear is a tough market. There are very few people who are either aspiring to that level, or are really comfortable with that price level. Truthfully though, that is usually where you get the most bang for your buck.Quote:Originally Posted by cyc wid it
@LA Guy, lots of items that are sold out still show up on the Styleforum Market page. Sometimes the size shows up on the drop down, but then when you select it says 'unavailable".
Yeah, I know, and I'm not sure how to make that option go away automatically after the item sells out. Sorry. One day, when I'm not so busy, maybe I can go in there and manually remove the "purchase" option. It would probably just take a couple of hours to check everything, but my life is already just 10 minute tasks strung along for days without end. The Bigcommerce software keeps on getting updates though, so I'm hoping that it just does that automatically really soon.post #7014 of 161891/27/16 at 7:15pmpost #7015 of 161891/27/16 at 8:35pmThread Starterpost #7016 of 161891/27/16 at 8:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by the shah
@LA Guy did the new iOS chrome update affect rendering here ? I no longer get taken to last [undread] post in page but just top of last page. Scrolling is so tedious
I use Safari on iOS and mine has almost always done that, annoying but not a big dealpost #7017 of 161891/27/16 at 8:45pmThread Starter
Oh right. I forget that you miscreants don't all look at the front page or browse the forum randomly, so, let me curate the news for you. Styleforum preorders for the Fok/Jasper picks for Stephan Schneider are here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/517050/stephan-schneider-styleforum-preorders-are-now-open-until-noon-february-3/0_50#post_8293318 just so you know.post #7018 of 161891/27/16 at 9:29pmpost #7019 of 161891/27/16 at 9:59pmThread Starterpost #7020 of 161891/27/16 at 11:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
The pricing is not that bad, but that lower priced designer/higher priced contemporary menswear is a tough market. There are very few people who are either aspiring to that level, or are really comfortable with that price level. Truthfully though, that is usually where you get the most bang for your buck.
I don't know if it's a US thing, but €600-900 for a coat and €150-200 seems fairly normal to me. When you look at Frans Boone, End, Norse, Gitman, OL etc. etc. they retail in that area.
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 34 seconds ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › How to make darts less noticeable? 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...