or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 421

post #6301 of 13969
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipang View Post


damn wanna crash that party but too busy

 

Come through! I'll be in Paris from the 22nd  - 25th

post #6302 of 13969

You should see the shoe trees

 

Quote:

 

Originally Posted by John-Galt View Post
 

I wonder what kind of box and dust bags these came in 

 

 

post #6303 of 13969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

Currently in Stockholm and 50% of girls are wearing timbs. Style is still minimalist Céline chic via Acne and Cos ripoffs (tasteful but yawn).

Are Chucks still big in Stockholm? When I was there a few years ago I swear around 50% of people (male & female) under 35 were wearing Chucks. Never seen anything like it. Even the Ugg Boot craze on college campuses isn't on the same scale. I also know 2 Swedish women in the US and both wear Chucks all the time.
post #6304 of 13969
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Galt View Post
 

I wonder what kind of box and dust bags these came in 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Only one way to find out! 

post #6305 of 13969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post


Are Chucks still big in Stockholm? When I was there a few years ago I swear around 50% of people (male & female) under 35 were wearing Chucks. Never seen anything like it. Even the Ugg Boot craze on college campuses isn't on the same scale. I also know 2 Swedish women in the US and both wear Chucks all the time.

 

It has died down a bit. The New Balance-wave hit here as well, along with more people wearing various Nikes and Adidas.

post #6306 of 13969
I just received the most undervalued package in the history of international shipping.

Declared value: $1.00 USD
Duties paid: $0.00
MSRP: $4,635 USD = $6,468.14 CAD at current exchange

(Admittedly, it's lightly pre-owned.)
post #6307 of 13969

so you saved like 1k on customs? (Canada is like 20% on most clothes right?)

post #6308 of 13969
I believe that's roughly the amount. I figured it might be marked down but I was still braced for fees because the seller shipped via FedEx without mentioning it ahead of time. $1 value made my day. biggrin.gif
post #6309 of 13969
What's some good simple luggage that would be my very first grown up luggage. I usually travel with just my filson duffle, but these 1 week trips require a bit more clothes. Not trying to break the bank here but would like something that lasts.
post #6310 of 13969

I've been using Muji hardcase suitcases for 3-4 years now (1-2 international trips a year, 2-3 domestic) with no issues. I also know places like Macys can be good to pickup Samsonite on sale

post #6311 of 13969
Do you travel a lot, or do you travel infrequently but wanna look cool?

If you travel frequently and check your bags, Samsonite Inova gets my highest recommendation. Durable, functional, and when it breaks (all luggage will), it's not going to break the bank.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsonite-Luggage-Inova-Spinner-Indigo/dp/B00BKUV2LA/ref=sr_1_8?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1451950996&sr=1-8&nodeID=2477388011&refinements=p_6%3AATVPDKIKX0DER%2Cp_89%3ASamsonite


If you just wanna look cool for trips and don't check your bags often, get a sick leather duffel bag or Rimowa.
post #6312 of 13969
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

What's some good simple luggage that would be my very first grown up luggage. I usually travel with just my filson duffle, but these 1 week trips require a bit more clothes. Not trying to break the bank here but would like something that lasts.

I use an olive Briggs&Riley international carry-on.  "Not black", "ballistic nylon" and "wheeled" are the most important words in modern travel, imo.  I travel more than a lot of people, and a whole lot less than some others, maybe 8-12 times a year, with a couple of international flights in there.  It's not the "I'm on a plane twice a week, every week" type, and it's not the "This is my first time on a plane" type either, but it's enough for me to have become thoroughly tired of air travel, and to earn a few free trips, which I use for leisure.  

post #6313 of 13969
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

I use an olive Briggs&Riley international carry-on.  "Not black", "ballistic nylon" and "wheeled" are the most important words in modern travel, imo.  I travel more than a lot of people, and a whole lot less than some others, maybe 8-12 times a year, with a couple of international flights in there.  It's not the "I'm on a plane twice a week, every week" type, and it's not the "This is my first time on a plane" type either, but it's enough for me to have become thoroughly tired of air travel, and to earn a few free trips, which I use for leisure.  

Normally I'd recommend B&R all day, but your standard 22" suitcase is most certainly going to break the bank.
post #6314 of 13969
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post



Normally I'd recommend B&R all day, but your standard 22" suitcase is most certainly going to break the bank.

 



$499. Hardly crazy: http://www.briggs-riley.com/shop/type/carry-on/international-carry-on-expandable-wide-body-upright
post #6315 of 13969
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post



Normally I'd recommend B&R all day, but your standard 22" suitcase is most certainly going to break the bank.

 



$499. Hardly crazy: http://www.briggs-riley.com/shop/type/carry-on/international-carry-on-expandable-wide-body-upright

Only Coldsnap can be the judge for sure. For the record, I think it's wise to spend the $500 and know that you'll have a bag for life.

It's funny, but the other day was putting my Samsonite garment bag in the closet after having used it for holiday travel. My parents gave it to me twenty years ago so that I'd have proper bag to carry my suit in when I went to visit colleges. I beat the shit out of that thing, using it to carry all of my worldly possesions back and forth between home and college. A few years ago the zipper broke and when I inquiried about replacing it, the guy told me it'd cost just as much to buy a new bag. Luckily, he was able to fix it and neither was necessary.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)