Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicFashiontagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 0 10 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 10 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Suittagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - 19CM STRETCH VISCOSE WOOL BLEND TROUSERStagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - BRASS SPOON NECKLACEtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - CLASSIC WOOL MARTINI JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - DOUBLE COLLAR TROPICAL WOOL JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15More
- itemMargiela 11 double ring belt SS12tagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMargiela Sandalstagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicMensweartagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) Last post on 3/20/16 at 8:21am in Classic Menswear
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Modern Raw Denim Jacket Last post on 2/2/16 at 11:22am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- I accidentally spilled a drop of fish oil onto a pair of boots....Last edited: 1/29/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 404post #6047 of 1396912/22/15 at 7:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by ManofKent
If a seller suddenly gets a number of poor feedbacks they'll sometimes put a request block on (if they're very bad they'll completely stop you bidding). Items that might not ship overseas can have request blocks too - I came across a Paraffin waxed jacket, presumably blocked for 'Paraffin'.
Makes sense. I think it was because the seller had a limited amount of feedback for the price. I ended up losing at the end though :\post #6048 of 1396912/22/15 at 9:06pmpost #6049 of 1396912/22/15 at 9:52pmpost #6050 of 1396912/22/15 at 9:55pmpost #6051 of 1396912/22/15 at 10:27pmkeep an eye out for a ups driver wearing hot fire jawnz
its been like three weeks since i purchased something on groiled, and that item has not arrived yet, and the seller hasn't responded to my polite inquiries on the site nor through email. im anxious that its gonna just show up right after i file a paypal dispute.
am i screwed if i paid with paypal funds and a debit card?
this never would have happened if i'd just used sf marketplace.. i'm such a fool.. fok please forgive me..
Edited by ShoutOutsFoMyBo - 12/23/15 at 1:50ampost #6052 of 1396912/23/15 at 4:52amwell, shit always happens and sometimes it takes a long time to be able to find the time to make a trip to the post office. it's not always easy if your work hours or shit don't really allow for it. the polite thing to do would be to first send an e-mail saying that given the time frame, if there is no further communication, you will be opening a dispute to protect yourself. if the seller responds after you've opened the dispute, do NOT close the dispute. leave the dispute open until you HAVE THE ITEM IN YOUR HAND. do not close it because there is a tracking number, as he can just be sending you garbage instead. of course, disclose all this in your dispute.
somewhat related, i've had a seller who once sent me an item that was grossly not as described, and he kept trying to get me to close the dispute, which would effectively kill any leverage i have over the situation. i did not budge despite his sob stories (told me the money suddenly had to go towards his sister's surgery once i opened the dispute.... right....), and eventually, i got my money back from the seller because he knew he'd lose his case.post #6053 of 1396912/23/15 at 5:38ampost #6054 of 1396912/23/15 at 5:41ampost #6055 of 1396912/23/15 at 5:45am
While we're on the subject of disputes... I recently won an ebay auction and paid for the item only to have the guy cancel it a day later and say "the item sold in store"--what store he's talking about is unclear. I suspect bullshit (I think it sold for less than he expected) but I have no recourse, right? He can say he doesn't have the item and there's no ebay police to go force him to ship it. Should I just take my refund and be happy?post #6056 of 1396912/23/15 at 5:46amQuote:
if this dude is trying to scam you, he's really bad at it. leaving bread crumbs everywhere!
@shoreman1782, both are possibilities. there are b&m and even online stores (eg. ln-cc used to do their clearances on ebay, re-porter) that also sell on ebay. sometimes, things move in their b&m and the online inventory isn't updated in time. either way, you're probably not going to get the item. sorrypost #6057 of 1396912/23/15 at 5:48amQuote:Originally Posted by shoreman1782
While we're on the subject of disputes... I recently won an ebay auction and paid for the item only to have the guy cancel it a day later and say "the item sold in store"--what store he's talking about is unclear. I suspect bullshit (I think it sold for less than he expected) but I have no recourse, right? He can say he doesn't have the item and there's no ebay police to go force him to ship it. Should I just take my refund and be happy?
You can leave him negative feedback but that's about itpost #6058 of 1396912/23/15 at 6:02amSelling online is getting worse. Aside from the hordes on grailed that ask questions and never respond to answers, submit offers then don't pay, add to fitting room and wait until it's $11 and then send you an offer for $5...
I just got a decent offer on eBay so I accepted and now 3 days later he hasn't paid or responded to any of my polite messages asking if he needs more time or simply changed his mind, just so I at least know what's going on.post #6059 of 1396912/23/15 at 6:19ampost #6060 of 1396912/23/15 at 8:01amQuote:Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum
Selling online is getting worse. Aside from the hordes on grailed that ask questions and never respond to answers, submit offers then don't pay, add to fitting room and wait until it's $11 and then send you an offer for $5...
I just got a decent offer on eBay so I accepted and now 3 days later he hasn't paid or responded to any of my polite messages asking if he needs more time or simply changed his mind, just so I at least know what's going on.
grailed is a race to the bottom
why do i have all these green ribbons. it's making me realize i have more awards on styleform than i do in real life
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 1 minute ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 2 minutes ago
- › STUNNING! Vanson x Left Field "Commando" Jacket, c.40. No. 7 of... 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...