I've been happy with Smartwool. Easy to find on sale at Campmor.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicFashiontagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 0 10 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 10 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Suittagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - 19CM STRETCH VISCOSE WOOL BLEND TROUSERStagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - BRASS SPOON NECKLACEtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - CLASSIC WOOL MARTINI JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - DOUBLE COLLAR TROPICAL WOOL JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15More
- itemMargiela 11 double ring belt SS12tagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMargiela Sandalstagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicMensweartagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:54 am in Classic Menswear
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) Last post on 3/20/16 at 8:21am in Classic Menswear
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Modern Raw Denim Jacket Last post on 2/2/16 at 11:22am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- I accidentally spilled a drop of fish oil onto a pair of boots....Last edited: 1/29/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 363post #5432 of 1254312/7/15 at 6:20ampost #5433 of 1254312/7/15 at 6:25ampost #5434 of 1254312/7/15 at 6:42amQuote:
But yeah Jet is right, lots of Warriors fans in that area now now. I'm sticking with my Kings though. Someday they will reward my faith....post #5435 of 1254312/7/15 at 7:35ampost #5436 of 1254312/7/15 at 7:55amQuote:
Yeah, there are tons of furniture makers out there, and no one way to do it. Can only speak to what I've owned, which is Ikea, BoConcept and some Crate & Barrel. Designing a space is kind of a big undertaking. It takes a really good eye to put a place together piece by piece and still have everything match. I went with 90% BoConcept because you really can't pull off a minimal aesthetic unless you're all-in, and they made it easy to put a whole space together that matched.
Their Christmas ornaments/lights are great - if you're into that sort of thing..post #5437 of 1254312/7/15 at 7:59amI tend to buy either IKEA (mostly for the kids' rooms, or small accessories) when I have to buy new furniture. Otherwise, my house is furnished entirely with vintage Danish teak furniture that I've found on Craigslist (for less than IKEA, mind you). I have a pretty amazing queen sized bed with integrated nightstands, and two very large dressers, for the bedroom.post #5438 of 1254312/7/15 at 8:35amQuote:
We just got a Room and Board sofa and really like it. Construction and materials are really good, and the thing is solid. I don't recommend moving a bunch if you get one though unless you hire movers.post #5439 of 1254312/7/15 at 8:40ampost #5440 of 1254312/7/15 at 8:45amQuote:Originally Posted by BostonHedonist
That's where I'm taking my patterning class (though, for bags).
Really depends on your style. For my place back in Boston, I pretty much furnished the whole thing at BoConcept. I love their SAs. You can walk in and they'll do a whole design consult for whatever your space/needs and help you come out with something great. Much of their stuff will be built for you and shipped, so there is some lead time. I like to think of it as Ikea for adults. Danish sensibilities, minimal, functional style. Far better quality than Ikea in almost every respect, but still not as pricey as the major designer brands (Poliform... one day).
Anyways, I moved to London for two years and now I'm so damn attached to the stuff, I have it all in a storage facility instead of, well, just leaving it on the curb, as I did in my Ikea days. You can't move Ikea stuff more than twice, I've observed.
I guess a good rule of thumb is, if you can afford to hire a moving company to handle shit for you, then you can spring for nice furniture too. If you're calling your bro on the phone for backup and renting trucks and stuff every time you move, maybe stick with Ikea or pre-owned a bit longer..
Moving is expensive though, it cost me $5.3k for US - UK move, and that was without any furniture.post #5441 of 1254312/7/15 at 8:45amThread StarterQuote:
It's this that bothers me and makes me feel gross. To be sure, they are probably going to be nice kids' clothes, but this has nothing to do with the kids. but with a the needs of a bunch of self absorbed parents. Let your kid be a kid. I let my kids go nuts at stores, and yes, there are tons of clothes that are not pink with sequins, or have the entire roster of the Avengers on them, but that's what they gravitate towards, that, or dinosaurs, because, when yoiu are five, the Avengers battling for space with dinosaurs on your body is way cool. I mean, kids wear Hallowe'en costumes to school when you let them and it's allowed.
My 8 year old daughter has always had subdued tastes, and yeah, if she sees some Everlane she wants, sure, if it's not stupidly expensive, I can get her some. But I definitely don't want to make my kids dress like me. They are not an accessory. Fuck that.post #5442 of 1254312/7/15 at 9:28amThread StarterQuote:
That's first last, and deposit, though, right? Maybe a lease break fee? I mean, otherwise, without furniture, what else is there? I've moved with, literally, 2 suitcases and a backpack. I did send a few UPS boxes ahead of me, but that cost is a couple of hundred, tops. It's not like, sans furniture, there is that much to move.post #5443 of 1254312/7/15 at 9:35amQuote:Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum
Thanks for the Sacremento info.
@indesertum depends on your price point but my first suggestion is Isaora.
Was trying really hard to remember the name Isaora. Ended up having to google tech streetwear and reading blog posts about it.
Isaora merino seems the cheapest unless campmor has sales
Thanks for all the recs guyspost #5444 of 1254312/7/15 at 9:40amQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
That's first last, and deposit, though, right? Maybe a lease break fee? I mean, otherwise, without furniture, what else is there? I've moved with, literally, 2 suitcases and a backpack. I did send a few UPS boxes ahead of me, but that cost is a couple of hundred, tops. It's not like, sans furniture, there is that much to move.
I'm moving to South-West England for a year to learn woodworking, and I'm basically doing exactly this. I am keeping my furniture/some tech in storage, which does up the cost a bit though.post #5445 of 1254312/7/15 at 9:45am
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 18 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Sartoriale = Official Affiliate Vendor thread 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan Chukka 1473 US Size 9.5 E/C (WIDE)... 15 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 16 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 17 minutes ago
- › 42 light green Margiela GATs --price cut 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...