or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 360

post #5386 of 13796
Why don't you contact someone on Etsy and have one replicated. Or are you just chasing the Bottega name?

It's simple and discreet key fob. Nothing complicated. Yes maybe it will take you more time to sort out the specifics, which you probably don't have a lot of seeing how you're running this place.

Just my two cents.
post #5387 of 13796
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

Why don't you contact someone on Etsy and have one replicated. Or are you just chasing the Bottega name?

It's simple and discreet key fob. Nothing complicated. Yes maybe it will take you more time to sort out the specifics, which you probably don't have a lot of seeing how you're running this place.

Just my two cents.

1) I hate replicas.  Either get the original thing, or just... don't

2) I would rather not deal with the inconvenience of finding someone who can do the work.  One thing that a company like Bottega does extremely well is the details, like the finish on the edges of the leather braids, etc...  that, and a lot of the colors are proprietary, so you'd spend a ton of time finding the right leather, in the right grade, etc...

3) I might consider custom job for something that is really dear, but I mean, even in North America, the price is $220, which, while super high for a stupuid key ring, is not, in absolute terms, particularly high.  Honestly, if I could get a guidi grey ring in the same shape. without the woven leather, I'd be good with that too, but I don't even know who on etsy would have that leather in stock.

 

The things I like about this:

1) the rectangular shape, which seems actually relatively uncommon.

2) The layers of tiered leather.

3) The trademark woven leather inset, which makes the thing a bit more interesting=

4) The color of the leather, which is this dove grey that is fairly hard to replicate, and that is very likely proprietary.

5) The fact that the leather that actually attaches to the ring is fairly wide.  I can't stand those key rings that have a really thin attachments to the ring.  

 

There are a lot of key rings, but a lot of them look a lot more rustic than I would like.

post #5388 of 13796
Anyplace to get cool patches from? Got a field jacket I'd like to put a patch on or something.. typical RRL / Visvim crap
post #5389 of 13796

@Biggskip just light jogging for fitness... short runs about 5 miles..  i think the green/black colorway is cool but dunno if i should get S or M.. 


Edited by penanceroyaltea - 12/5/15 at 8:17pm
post #5390 of 13796
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

1) I hate replicas.  Either get the original thing, or just... don't
2) I would rather not deal with the inconvenience of finding someone who can do the work.  One thing that a company like Bottega does extremely well is the details, like the finish on the edges of the leather braids, etc...  that, and a lot of the colors are proprietary, so you'd spend a ton of time finding the right leather, in the right grade, etc...
3) I might consider custom job for something that is really dear, but I mean, even in North America, the price is $220, which, while super high for a stupuid key ring, is not, in absolute terms, particularly high.  Honestly, if I could get a guidi grey ring in the same shape. without the woven leather, I'd be good with that too, but I don't even know who on etsy would have that leather in stock.

The things I like about this:
1) the rectangular shape, which seems actually relatively uncommon.
2) The layers of tiered leather.
3) The trademark woven leather inset, which makes the thing a bit more interesting=
4) The color of the leather, which is this dove grey that is fairly hard to replicate, and that is very likely proprietary.
5) The fact that the leather that actually attaches to the ring is fairly wide.  I can't stand those key rings that have a really thin attachments to the ring.   i agree

There are a lot of key rings, but a lot of them look a lot more rustic than I would like.

yeah i get it but may be i'm too basic to care.

tbh when you mentioned the Bottega key fob i thought it is time to replace my own. i'd just get something from MAKR or the likes.

I can appreciate the simplicity of the shape and details upon closer look.

If you happen to find it on sale you should let us all know. i'd get one for maybe 70% off
post #5391 of 13796
Guys, I'm worried miran may have dementia. Received via PM:
Quote:
This is "ёбаный пиздец" I'm sorry, my French...
I do not want to insult or humiliate you, but 15 now 15 (tumblr) you were more like himself, sorry my google.
post #5392 of 13796
My "keyring" is a mini pocket knife, very practical. Colour is ok if you like your keyring getting dirty (too pale), I wouldn't mind.
post #5393 of 13796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

My "keyring" is a mini pocket knife, very practical.

I used to have a (completely illegal) switch-blade, sharp as hell, that I bought at the market in Prague when I was in high school and brought home in my checked luggage, i.e. it didn't come onto the plane with me personally and I guess it was too small for them to notice it in the general luggage metal detector. I kept it at home and it came in handy all the time (shank, shank). Eventually it broke, but even if I ever go back there I don't think I have the balls to try that again as an adult.
post #5394 of 13796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

My "keyring" is a mini pocket knife, very practical. Color is ok if you like your keyring getting dirty (too pale), I wouldn't mind.

I have a Leatherman Style CS multitool, works perfectly and legal.
post #5395 of 13796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

I have a Leatherman Style CS multitool, works perfectly and legal.

Kinda big though, no?
post #5396 of 13796
Compared to mobile phones and other shit one carries round, not really.

post #5397 of 13796
My keyfob is giant. That's the keyless start one too, haha.

post #5398 of 13796
I'm a big fan of the Ashland leather key case (and key cases in general). Won't work if you have a ton of keys and it's too small for a car key, but it keeps my keys and a few keycards held together and tucked out of the way nicely.
post #5399 of 13796
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

I'm a big fan of the Ashland leather key case (and key cases in general). Won't work if you have a ton of keys and it's too small for a car key, but it keeps my keys and a few keycards held together and tucked out of the way nicely.

I needed exactly one key, day to day.  I don't need a key case.  I just need a key ring so that I don't lose the key and so that it is easy to locate in my pocket.  

post #5400 of 13796
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

My "keyring" is a mini pocket knife, very practical. Colour is ok if you like your keyring getting dirty (too pale), I wouldn't mind.

I am looking for something leather.  I have enough heavy crap in my pockets as it is.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)