or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 356

post #5326 of 13855
the daggers to my heart. they sting.
post #5327 of 13855
I think its thumb envy and they want @StanleyVanBuren banned.
post #5328 of 13855

Hey guys,

So I've been looking around for a black denim jacket with side pockets and finally found something that I actually like. 

Originally, I want something JP/IT/US made. But might have to settle with this one for now as I've been looking around but found nothing that fits the criteria. 

 

Someone suggested that I should take a look at the recent release of Robert Geller's denim jacket, but the fit is very cropped. (http://man.totokaelo.com/robert-geller/denim-jacket/black/H1D4FD)

 

Here's a picture of the denim jacket I'm interested in:
http://lsco.scene7.com/is/image/lsco/Levi/clothing/194580002-back-pdp.jpg?$2500x2000$

 

It's a type-I jacket as opposed to the mainstream type-III jacket. Would also appreciate some insights on Levi's Line 8 quality. It costs 60 quid with a student discount. I think orSlow and Our Legacy did similar one a couple of seasons ago. 

 

What do you think of the jacket?

I already have a type-II, Vis 101, and a type-III, Vis 103, jackets. 
(Did Hiroki get the naming wrong?)


I was also thinking on getting a black and white 'Peace" patch and stick it on the front pocket. Does doing this make the jacket looks cheap? If you guys see me  in the street, what your first thought would be on a guy wearing a jacket with one patch on it.

post #5329 of 13855
someone would probably punch you if they saw you wearing a black and white peace patch on your front pocket. it just makes it look too affected

fwiw, i prefer the type-i over the geller
post #5330 of 13855
post #5331 of 13855
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post

someone would probably punch you if they saw you wearing a black and white peace patch on your front pocket. it just makes it look too affected

fwiw, i prefer the type-i over the geller

Also, Fok will punch him in the face for describing the Geller jacket as cropped.

I'm on board with the type-1, not so much the peace sign patch. Or at all, really, although I'm sure if some esoteric Japanese streetwear brand came out with a jacket with a peace patch on it people here would be all over it.
post #5332 of 13855
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post

someone would probably punch you if they saw you wearing a black and white peace patch on your front pocket. it just makes it look too affected

fwiw, i prefer the type-i over the geller

Appreciate the honesty.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post


Also, Fok will punch him in the face for describing the Geller jacket as cropped.

I'm on board with the type-1, not so much the peace sign patch. Or at all, really, although I'm sure if some esoteric Japanese streetwear brand came out with a jacket with a peace patch on it people here would be all over it.
 
There's a RG denim jacket in size S on  g r a i l e d  but the length puts me off. Visvim did a Kilgore with a peace patch once.
post #5333 of 13855
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post


I'm also not that interested in partnering with you to sell your Versace, cheap though you assure me it is.

Quote:
I feel like "Fuck Versace", they rapin' nigga's pockets
And we don't get acknowledged, just thank me for the profit
post #5334 of 13855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

I think its thumb envy and they want @StanleyVanBuren banned.

 

I'm not even the thumb king anymore!

 

But yes, I have received threats

post #5335 of 13855
From Miran I presume.
post #5336 of 13855
Hey fam, long time no talk

Who wants to give me my annual SF update?
post #5337 of 13855
reedo, read the toj thread. that's all the recap you need.
post #5338 of 13855
Then, to recover from the crushing depression you'll undoubtedly experience as a result of reading the TOJ thread, read the SF in Japan article series.
post #5339 of 13855
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

They have for the shoes I've bought from them - a couple of pairs of Margiela GATs and some Visvims.  I don't think that the Common Projects boxes are particularly big compared to those.


Thanks. Someone at tres bien got back to my email and said that they always ship CP (and I presume all their shoes) with the original box. They think Fedex fucked up and damaged the original shipping box plus the shoe box (luckily the shoes were not damaged) and moved them into a new shipping box. They offered to send me a CP shoe box but I don't know if I want them to waste money just to ship an empty box across the Atlantic. Pretty weird, though...

post #5340 of 13855
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by javy View Post
 


Thanks. Someone at tres bien got back to my email and said that they always ship CP (and I presume all their shoes) with the original box. They think Fedex fucked up and damaged the original shipping box plus the shoe box (luckily the shoes were not damaged) and moved them into a new shipping box. They offered to send me a CP shoe box but I don't know if I want them to waste money just to ship an empty box across the Atlantic. Pretty weird, though...

Not that wierd if you have worked with shipping companies enough times...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)