or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 320

post #4786 of 13754

I don't think Balmain is dead - according to a sales associate friend, Bergdorf sells a ton of Balmain every Friday.  They then get it all back as returns on Saturday. smiley_shrug%5B1%5D.gif 

post #4787 of 13754
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamacyborg View Post

There's a £50 bracelet that's up to £780 on ebay right now, and a dress that's hit £6k.
How does that even work? Why not just buy the real deal at that point?
post #4788 of 13754
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptual 4est View Post

I don't think Balmain is dead - according to a sales associate friend, Bergdorf sells a ton of Balmain every Friday.  They then get it all back as returns on Saturday. smiley_shrug%5B1%5D.gif 

Ballin for the night.
post #4789 of 13754
@kgfan5 rocks the bikers pretty well.

I really wish I picked up the green ones from last f/w.

Also, I'll be in Portland next weekend. I'm assuming it will be rainy. Will probably spend one day doing super touristy stuff, any other recs?
Edited by cyc wid it - 11/5/15 at 4:18pm
post #4790 of 13754
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipang View Post

relevant: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/10/12/trending

 

Quote:
He is thirty—young for a creative director—and ostentatiously fit. Of mixed racial heritage, he has carefully tended trapezoidal eyebrows, and angled cheekbones that he accentuates by sucking in his cheeks and pouting whenever someone points a camera at him, which is often.....“Take a picture! Take a picture!” Rousteing cried. Laughing and pouting and sucking in their cheeks, they shot selfies and group portraits on their smartphones, then reluctantly went back down to the party, but not before posting shots to their Instagram feeds

I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!! 

 

( ๑॔˃̶◡ ˂̶๑॓)

 

(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

post #4791 of 13754
Would it bother you (culture taboo perhaps) if there is a small chance that a piece 2nd hand clothing was taken directly from a deceased person and sold online?
post #4792 of 13754
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post

If resellers want that much for pieces why wouldn't you just buy mainline balmain? After all, it's still fucking H&M.

those are outliers that will never actually sell at that price.

just did a quick check of ebay and the biker jeans, for example, are listed for three to four bills -- way more than any reasonable person should pay but still far, far less than the mainline bikers go for.
post #4793 of 13754
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepp View Post

Would it bother you (culture taboo perhaps) if there is a small chance that a piece 2nd hand clothing was taken directly from a deceased person and sold online?

Taken off a corpse?
post #4794 of 13754
Ya.
post #4795 of 13754

Would buy if it was certifiably haunted or could display paranormal anomalies but if not then it's just gross

post #4796 of 13754
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepp View Post

Would it bother you (culture taboo perhaps) if there is a small chance that a piece 2nd hand clothing was taken directly from a deceased person and sold online?

 

Either this is hypothetical, or we're gonna need some deets. 

post #4797 of 13754
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepp View Post

Would it bother you (culture taboo perhaps) if there is a small chance that a piece 2nd hand clothing was taken directly from a deceased person and sold online?

If it's the clothes that somebody died in, then it's cool. If it's like the clothes worn by the corpse at the funeral, that's not cool. #carlito
post #4798 of 13754
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

@kgfan5 rocks the bikers pretty well.

I really wish I picked up the green ones from last f/w.

Also, I'll be in Portland next weekend. I'm assuming it will be rainy. Will probably spend one day doing super touristy stuff, any other recs?

drink tons of beer and eat lots of food
post #4799 of 13754

It's a long shot, but does anyone know of any shoe brands that offer a wide welt? I've been (casually) on the hunt for the Raf Simons chain derbies, but came up with nothing so I want to DIY. I came across a 42 hoping it'd fit, but it didn't. :(

 

 

post #4800 of 13754
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptual 4est View Post

Would buy if it was certifiably haunted or could display paranormal anomalies but if not then it's just gross

If you put your hand on your chest while wearing the clothes you may feel a dull, rhythmic thump. If you do, this is a sign that the spirit of the deceased owner is trapped within the garment and is trying to escape.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)