Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicFashiontagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 0 10 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 10 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Suittagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - 19CM STRETCH VISCOSE WOOL BLEND TROUSERStagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - BRASS SPOON NECKLACEtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - CLASSIC WOOL MARTINI JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - DOUBLE COLLAR TROPICAL WOOL JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15More
- itemMargiela 11 double ring belt SS12tagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMargiela Sandalstagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicMensweartagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:29 am in Classic Menswear
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) Last post on 3/20/16 at 8:21am in Classic Menswear
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Modern Raw Denim Jacket Last post on 2/2/16 at 11:22am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- I accidentally spilled a drop of fish oil onto a pair of boots....Last edited: 1/29/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 303post #4531 of 1714710/22/15 at 8:39amThis may belong in the DIY thread, but I have a sample jacket that I really love, but they obviously didn't do a lot of finishing on the seams. They feel a bit scratchy whenever I don't wear long sleeves. Anyone know how to tape seams, or the best way to cover the rough edge with a smooth edge?post #4532 of 1714710/22/15 at 9:40ampost #4533 of 1714710/22/15 at 12:58pm
LONDON, United Kingdom — Raf Simons is leaving his role as artistic director of women’s haute couture, ready-to-wear and accessory collections at Dior, the French luxury fashion house announced today.
According to Dior, Simons “reached this decision for personal reasons.” The designer’s Spring/Summer 2016 collection, presented in Paris last month, was his last for Dior and marks the end of his three-and-a-half year tenure at the house. Simons’ successor has yet to be identified, but the search for a replacement has begun, according to market sources.
“It is after careful and long consideration that I have decided to leave my position as creative director of Christian Dior’s women’s collection,” Simons said in a one-page statement released by the company. “It is a decision based entirely and equally on my desire to focus on other interests in my life, including my own brand, and the passions that drive me outside my work.”
Those interests include Simons’ eponymous fashion house, which is expected to continue showing its collections in Paris. Simons, 47, made the decision to leave Dior after he and the company failed to reach an agreement on a new employment contract, though the parting was amicable, according to sources.
Simons’ statement continued: “Christian Dior is an extraordinary company, and it has been an immense privilege to write a few pages of this magnificent book. I want to thank M. Bernard Arnault for the trust he has put in me, giving me the incredible opportunity to work at this beautiful house surrounded by the most amazing team one could ever dream of. I have also had the chance over the last few years to benefit from the leadership of Sidney Toledano. His thoughtful, heartfelt and inspired management will also remain as one of the most important experiences of my professional career.”
Bernard Arnault, chairman and chief executive officer of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton and Christian Dior SA, and Sidney Toledano, chief executive officer of Christian Dior Couture, “very warmly thank him for his exceptional contribution to the house,” read the statement. Neither the designer or executives at the brand made comment beyond the one-page statement, released after close of trading on the Paris stock exchange.
Simons, who joined Dior in 2012 after a seven-year stint at minimalist fashion label Jil Sander, brought an intellectual, art-infused vision to the house, drawing on his menswear roots to create modernist designs that are said to have resonated with customers. Toledano recently told French newspaper Les Echos that Dior Couture had seen a 60 percent growth in revenues since 2011.
Today’s news is the second shock exit at Dior in recent years, after the designerJohn Galliano was discharged in 2011, having been filmed making anti-Semitic remarks while inebriated in a Paris bar. The episode brought to the fore concerns about the increasing pressure faced by those in top creative roles at fashion’s luxury megabrands, a concern Simons seemed to share before what was to be his last collection for Dior. “I’m questioning a lot,” he told press before the brand’s show on October 2nd. “I feel a lot of people are questioning. We have a lot of conversation about it: Where is it going? It’s not only the clothes. It’s the clothes, it’s everything, the Internet.”
The departure is sure to kick-start fierce speculation about who will be next in line to take on one of the most prestigious creative roles in the fashion industry. As for Simons, his next move remains unknown, though the designer may be restrained by a non-compete clause, typical in this kind of role, that would temporarily prevent him from working for rival companies.
Revenues at Christian Dior Couture rose 12.9 percent in its fiscal first quarter (the three months ending September 30th) reaching €471 million (about $553 million). Excluding the impact of currency, the rate of growth was 5 percent.post #4534 of 1714710/22/15 at 1:49pmpost #4535 of 1714710/22/15 at 2:20pmpost #4536 of 1714710/22/15 at 2:24pmpost #4537 of 1714710/22/15 at 2:27pmpost #4538 of 1714710/22/15 at 2:30pmpost #4539 of 1714710/22/15 at 2:36pmpost #4540 of 1714710/22/15 at 2:49pmpost #4541 of 1714710/22/15 at 2:50pmpost #4542 of 1714710/22/15 at 3:25pmQuote:
Nando isn't Australian though, it is from SA. I like really good Portuguese friend chicken and they're not common in the USA so maybe Nando is a good compromise...post #4543 of 1714710/22/15 at 3:28pmpost #4544 of 1714710/22/15 at 3:39pmpost #4545 of 1714710/22/15 at 4:18pm
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official... 25 seconds ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Italy Trip. 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 12 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...