or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 824

post #12346 of 13864
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry2000 View Post

I think the Raf derbies have the nicest shape in the market. I agree retail is high, but they can be had on sale if you are patient. Viberg make a good pair of derbies as well, but priced around Dries' so maybe too high.

With some of these suggestions like Alden, Heschung etc, we are getting into off duty office bro territory, an area Occulta wanted to veer away from.


For my own edification, what constitutes 'off duty office bro'?

It also kinda depends on cut and color of the denim; black or grey may be easier than indigo, especially washed-out indigo.

IMO Buttero makes decent shoes in pretty casual shapes, and they're not terribly diffic ult to find on sale. Fiorentini + Baker shoes have a really casual shape as well, although they're maybe not as nice as Buttero and don't get a lot of love around here. Randomyooxbrand binary code-by-Italian name sometimes has some plain-toe stuff as well: http://www.yoox.com/us/men/shoponline/01000010%20by%20boccaccini_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bows1 View Post

Lost my beanie last year and need a new one. Thinking one of the rick owens or BBS cashmere ones. Thoughts, suggestions?


Are you specifically looking for long, thin, & slouchy? I got one from Cruvoir house brand Parlay a couple of years ago for a pittance that's may have some aesthetic similarities, though I'm not sure they make them any more. If you want something thicker and warmer, Wolf vs Goat popcorn knit beanies are insanely cheap and really nice (whole-fashioned construction or something like that, so no seams), and they can be worn slouchy. The downside is that it's a preorder from basically a one-man operation and delivery times can be unpredictable. Also they launched a couple of weeks ago so they may have sold through most of their stock, but you can always shoot Mauro an email (wvg at wolfvsgoat dot com) to see what he has.
post #12347 of 13864
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post


Are you specifically looking for long, thin, & slouchy? I got one from Cruvoir house brand Parlay a couple of years ago for a pittance that's may have some aesthetic similarities, though I'm not sure they make them any more. If you want something thicker and warmer, Wolf vs Goat popcorn knit beanies are insanely cheap and really nice (whole-fashioned construction or something like that, so no seams), and they can be worn slouchy. The downside is that it's a preorder from basically a one-man operation and delivery times can be unpredictable. Also they launched a couple of weeks ago so they may have sold through most of their stock, but you can always shoot Mauro an email (wvg at wolfvsgoat dot com) to see what he has.

Yeah, with my giant head the thin ones look better than the chunky ones. I'm checking Cruvoir right now and they dont have their house brand hats anymore but they have some L&F on pretty deep sale. Thanks!
post #12348 of 13864
What was that Japan based leather jacket company again? That used tons of different hides? I posted pics from it before, can't find it for some reason.
post #12349 of 13864
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

What was that Japan based leather jacket company again? That used tons of different hides? I posted pics from it before, can't find it for some reason.

You thinking about blackmeans?

post #12350 of 13864
Quote:
Originally Posted by baltimoron View Post

You thinking about blackmeans?

Nope there was another one. It had crazy colors and horse hides and stuff. It sounded kinda re-pro like. Site was kinda garbage to navigate.
post #12351 of 13864
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

What was that Japan based leather jacket company again? That used tons of different hides? I posted pics from it before, can't find it for some reason.

Was it Nine Lives?

post #12352 of 13864
Addict clothes ?
post #12353 of 13864
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipang View Post

Addict clothes ?

@sipang wins, per usual. shog[1].gif
post #12354 of 13864
I'm usually the one getting this question asked but here it goes- I thought about getting this oatmeal shawl knit in the biggest size available (Womens) but there was no way haha, all my margiela sources have failed me so far.....have any of my SF bros come across a dope looking Margiela shawl cardigan in light gray/oatmeal/cream on the internets?


post #12355 of 13864
Anyone got good recs for a winter boot (Canadian winters, so lots of snow and ice) that don't look like shit?

I usually just wear vibrammed sidezips, Visvim 7 holes with the white vibram soles and Tricker's burfords with a danite sole. While those have served me well just walking quickly to class, I wouldn't mind something a little sturdier and warmer.

I was thinking about Timbs or Diemme, but wanted to see if there was anything else on the market. Maybe something that looks good with a commando sole?
post #12356 of 13864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post

Anyone got good recs for a winter boot (Canadian winters, so lots of snow and ice) that don't look like shit?

I usually just wear vibrammed sidezips, Visvim 7 holes with the white vibram soles and Tricker's burfords with a danite sole. While those have served me well just walking quickly to class, I wouldn't mind something a little sturdier and warmer.

I was thinking about Timbs or Diemme, but wanted to see if there was anything else on the market. Maybe something that looks good with a commando sole?

 

shearling lined Heschung boots

post #12357 of 13864
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post

shearling lined Heschung boots

Definitely was looking at the ones on NMWA, a little too pricy for me at the moment but it is the best option aesthetically and functionally so far.
post #12358 of 13864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post

Anyone got good recs for a winter boot (Canadian winters, so lots of snow and ice) that don't look like shit?

I usually just wear vibrammed sidezips, Visvim 7 holes with the white vibram soles and Tricker's burfords with a danite sole. While those have served me well just walking quickly to class, I wouldn't mind something a little sturdier and warmer.

I was thinking about Timbs or Diemme, but wanted to see if there was anything else on the market. Maybe something that looks good with a commando sole?

 

Diemme boots are largely fashion versions of Danner or other similar hiking boots and most pairs don't have the kind of welts or waterproofing you're gonna want.

Timbs are great and versatile, I personally only wear Danner for hiking/backpacking, but you can get street-friendly versions that are just as waterproof and comfy. Red Wing's Irish Setter line used to have a round toe wingshooter boot that I found a deadstock pair of:

 

 

Unfortunately they only have the moc toe version now, but if you can find a pair of those in your size they're pretty great. Put in new laces and remove the little rubber tag and you have something that fits with most outfits you'd wear Vis or Timbs with.

post #12359 of 13864
I like the look of Danner lights' as a timb like boot, I find them more comfortable than both mainline and premium timbs from a try on.
post #12360 of 13864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post

Anyone got good recs for a winter boot (Canadian winters, so lots of snow and ice) that don't look like shit?

I usually just wear vibrammed sidezips, Visvim 7 holes with the white vibram soles and Tricker's burfords with a danite sole. While those have served me well just walking quickly to class, I wouldn't mind something a little sturdier and warmer.

I was thinking about Timbs or Diemme, but wanted to see if there was anything else on the market. Maybe something that looks good with a commando sole?

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/211800/winter-boots-that-arent-ugly

 

I've yet to find a satisfactory answer. Probably just gonna go with Sorels tbh - every year I forget how destructive Canadian winters can be. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)