or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 815

post #12211 of 13796
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post

there's no asian hair love for people with half-wavy, half-straight, thin hair like me frown.gif

why??  that's my hair i don't think i've ever hated it or had any trouble with it.  u just can't do super crunchy/spiky styles but long and wavy is nice too! 

 

 

 

@nicelynice how is no one bidding on that Geller zip blazer and SNS herning you put up.  Obviously these japanese don't know a grail SF item when they see it! 


Edited by penanceroyaltea - 10/3/16 at 5:55pm
post #12212 of 13796
Now I'm trying to decide between Hans de Fuko and Fatboy.
post #12213 of 13796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post

Now I'm trying to decide between Hans de Fuko and Fatboy.

Just to throw one more into the mix... I tried so many hair products including all mentioned (aside from Fuko) until I found my personal grail - Baxter clay pomade. I'm not asian, but have fine, straight hair. The clay pomade was perfect. Just the right amount of hold, hair was malleable, could still run fingers through it, not greasy, smells good, doesn't look like "product", y'know? I guess it's a really personal thing though, because I didn't think much of Kevin Murphy, didn't like B/B, and really didn't like Imperial. There should be a website where you can cop a bunch of samples and try them all. 

 

Of course, now my hair is shoulder length, so I haven't used the stuff in two years... 

post #12214 of 13796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post


If anyone can pull of terrorist chic...

I'm choosing to take this as a compliment. 

post #12215 of 13796
Quote:
Originally Posted by basil rathbone View Post
 

Looking for cheap watch recommendations. Like cheap cheap. Not Seiko 5 cheap. I usually wear a $30 Timex. Went surfing with it recently and now the Indiglo™ doesn't work. Still ticking though.

 

Digital or analog. New or vintage. Sub $50 maybe? Leaning towards one of those Casio numbers that terrorists apparently like, but looking for more suggestions. 

 

I got a black unbranded, quartz analog military watch for $6 shipped on eBay. The nylon strap was pretty horrible so I ordered a $3 NATO strap to go with it. Have had it a year and it keeps pretty good time. I'd use a cheap digital Casio if you are going to be brutal with it though. Can take a pic of it if you are interested.

post #12216 of 13796
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post

Where to report suss PM's?
I just got two PMs about my listings from a user that signed up today and wants to ask a few questions via email.
User = drjonathanguer

I was almost certain it was spam just because the guy sounded ready to buy something from the SW&D classifieds without any bartering or drawn-out negotiation process.
post #12217 of 13796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rais View Post
 

 

I got a black unbranded, quartz analog military watch for $6 shipped on eBay. The nylon strap was pretty horrible so I ordered a $3 NATO strap to go with it. Have had it a year and it keeps pretty good time. I'd use a cheap digital Casio if you are going to be brutal with it though. Can take a pic of it if you are interested.

Interested! Also, not surprised to hear that's what you wear. 

post #12218 of 13796
Quote:
Originally Posted by basil rathbone View Post

Interested! Also, not surprised to hear that's what you wear. 

Whatever Rais has is probably a lot cooler, but MWC makes cheap military-style watches.

https://mwc-watches.myshopify.com/collections/classic-range/products/matt-olive-drab-1960s-pattern-european-military-watch

I also like the unabashedly cheap look of Swatches. The Rebel line is nice and minimalistic.

https://twitter.com/jeffstaple/status/777984098837168128

Those are about $75 in-store, but you can find them for like $50 on eBay and Amazon. MWC is $55, but a little cheaper right now at Cool Material with their promo code.

https://shop.coolmaterial.com/products/mwc-vietnam-watch
post #12219 of 13796

It's very similar to that first MWC watch but with less branding and it's an all black case and face with white markings. I'll take a photo later. I just liked it because of how cheap and disposable it was.

 

I have a digital touch screen Swatch that I wear a lot as well, but that was $AUD120. I like how big the digits are on it and it looks pretty minimal in all black. I wear it with both menswear and sporty outfits and think it looks pretty good in both contexts.

post #12220 of 13796

grr i thought i knew what i was going to make my next purchase but then tuesday happens and some new lovely mr porter stuff comes up and my decision gets thrown into pfaffing indecision

 

damn my poor life choices which mean i have limited money, i blame everybody else, i can't possibly accept personal responsibility

post #12221 of 13796
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post

I was almost certain it was spam just because the guy sounded ready to buy something from the SW&D classifieds without any bartering or drawn-out negotiation process.

Should I be worried? I emailed back.
post #12222 of 13796
Quote:
Originally Posted by wttm View Post

Should I be worried? I emailed back.

Not really. I assume he's just trying to accumulate as many email addresses as he can for spamming purposes.
post #12223 of 13796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rais View Post

I got a black unbranded, quartz analog military watch for $6 shipped on eBay. The nylon strap was pretty horrible so I ordered a $3 NATO strap to go with it. Have had it a year and it keeps pretty good time. I'd use a cheap digital Casio if you are going to be brutal with it though. Can take a pic of it if you are interested.

The Mrw-200 series from Casio is great and comes in a wide selection of colors. I use it when I go on holiday. Goes through security at airports without having to remove it is also a plus. Great legibility and robustness is another

post #12224 of 13796
Any cobbler recommendations in the orange county area?
post #12225 of 13796
Quote:
Originally Posted by penanceroyaltea View Post

why??  that's my hair i don't think i've ever hated it or had any trouble with it.  u just can't do super crunchy/spiky styles but long and wavy is nice too! 



@nicelynice
 how is no one bidding on that Geller zip blazer and SNS herning you put up.  Obviously these japanese don't know a grail SF item when they see it! 

my hair is limp and boring. i don't know how you do it with your hair.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)