Also Hualien if you like riding bikes!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicFashiontagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 0 10 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 10 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Suittagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - 19CM STRETCH VISCOSE WOOL BLEND TROUSERStagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - BRASS SPOON NECKLACEtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - CLASSIC WOOL MARTINI JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - DOUBLE COLLAR TROPICAL WOOL JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15More
- itemMargiela 11 double ring belt SS12tagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMargiela Sandalstagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicMensweartagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:10 am in Classic Menswear
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) Last post on 3/20/16 at 8:21am in Classic Menswear
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Modern Raw Denim Jacket Last post on 2/2/16 at 11:22am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- I accidentally spilled a drop of fish oil onto a pair of boots....Last edited: 1/29/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 783post #11732 of 163819/14/16 at 10:12pmpost #11733 of 163819/14/16 at 10:29pmpost #11734 of 163819/14/16 at 11:17pmpost #11735 of 163819/15/16 at 5:35ampost #11736 of 163819/15/16 at 5:58am
Need a rec for US/UK to Canada proxy. I've used Borderlinx in the past but the costs are outrageous - am I just out of luck and this is the case across the board?
Are there any proxy services that use national post services as opposed to DHL/UPS? "Predetermined" duties make up a big chunk of the cost.post #11737 of 163819/15/16 at 6:10amQuote:Originally Posted by nicelynice
Cheers, I've been there once as a tourist a couple years ago... mainly hung out in Taipei, visited Jiufen, super touristy stuff. I think I have like two full free days, might wanna take an overnight trip somewhere less touristy since I'll be in Taipei otherwise.
This was my general impression after going and why I'm excited to go back haha
I've been to Jiufen, liked it a lot. I've been to Tainan, Kaohsiung, Kenting, back up the east coast to Toroko Gorge. Saw Chiang Kai Shek's summer home at Sun-Moon Lake. Tried to find the secret Starbucks at the top of the 101 but that shit really is hidden. All kinds of cool stuff to see and do.
Liked Taiwan so much it inspired me to learn Chinese. If I was younger and didn't have a life and established career in America I'd pick up, move to Taiwan on a language student visa and just chill.post #11738 of 163819/15/16 at 12:05pmpost #11739 of 163819/15/16 at 12:08pmpost #11740 of 163819/15/16 at 12:26pmpost #11741 of 163819/15/16 at 12:56pmpost #11742 of 163819/15/16 at 1:29pmpost #11743 of 163819/15/16 at 1:38pmpost #11744 of 163819/15/16 at 5:32pmpost #11745 of 163819/15/16 at 9:26pm
Rick Owens interviews Eugene Rabkin, not the other way around:Quote:
RO: The whole fashion thing is so oversaturated. I would really think twice about being a fashion designer if I was young right now, especially being an independent fashion designer the way I started it.
I mean nowadays, who could possibly do that? And it’s the same with magazines. Unless you have major backing and connections there’s just too much competition out there. It’s an oversaturated field. But what you guys are doing with the forum; that is pretty unique. I mean there are other forums out there, but of all of the forums out there of that level, there’s maybe three total.
RO: I had a lot of classical influences. I had classical music and opera and literature, but I also liked sleaze. And putting it together, sleaze and glamour, it just made sense to me. Speaking of sleaze, I’m kind of excited because there’s a new element of sleaze in fashion with Gosha Rubchinskiy and Demna Gvasalia, which I appreciate a lot.
There’s something a little new and fresh, and it’s a little bit indefinable, but that’s why it’s disturbing us and offending us. But there’s something engaging about it. I feel like we went through this period, and I’m not talking about our kind of fashion but fashion in general, that it was very much about the teenage girl’s bedroom. And I’m glad to see it going into a little bit of a sleaze direction.
Sure, they’re referencing their elders, that generation of Helmut Lang and Martin Margiela that they were too young to experience. But, they’re going in a direction that’s the right for fashion. So you can’t plainly dismiss them. You know in five years they are going move it forward in their own way.
Edited by accordion - 9/15/16 at 9:49pm
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 6 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 14 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › How is this jacket's fit 2 minutes ago
- › The one umbrella 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › WTB: Supreme Silk Polka Dot Shirt Small 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...