Send @Liam O a PM he lives up there.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicFashiontagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 0 10 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 10 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Suittagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - 19CM STRETCH VISCOSE WOOL BLEND TROUSERStagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - BRASS SPOON NECKLACEtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - CLASSIC WOOL MARTINI JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - DOUBLE COLLAR TROPICAL WOOL JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15More
- itemMargiela 11 double ring belt SS12tagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMargiela Sandalstagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicMensweartagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:56 am in Classic Menswear
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) Last post on 3/20/16 at 8:21am in Classic Menswear
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Modern Raw Denim Jacket Last post on 2/2/16 at 11:22am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- I accidentally spilled a drop of fish oil onto a pair of boots....Last edited: 1/29/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 749post #11222 of 171228/12/16 at 3:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Phrost
God damn I'd be surprised if @willy cheesesteak isn't pre-diabetic or doesn't have high blood pressure. You should make a list on your blog or something.
Recommend me some good LES/Chinatown spots please. There's been a bunch of new places popping up and I'm looking for new places to eat.
I had Morgenstern's Ice Cream recently and it's pretty good. Out of all of the new artisanal ice cream shops popping up in the city, this one is actually pretty nice and has some unique flavors. I liked the Black Coconut Ash from there.
I second Taim for my favorite falafel, El Castillo de Jagua (either the Grand St or Rivington locations) for solid Dominican food, & Lam Zhou (I like the Beef Brisket Hand pulled noodle soup & fried dumplings (the best IMO)
I'll add my frugal recommendations (Chinatown heavy cause it's close & I'm cheap):
Coppelia - 24 hr diner in Chelsea for Cuban-ish/Spanish food & bar - Loma Saltado is very good and solid/inexpensive breakfast
Yakitori Taisho - Japanese Yakitori spot in St Marks. Pretty solid for Japanese barbecue & beer food. Small space though
Kossar's Bialys - Their bagels and bialys are solid, aim for AM for maximum freshness. They had a big renovation recently & I noticed they added a bunch of stuff to their menu. Doughnut Plant is next door too.
Banh Mi Saigon - My favorite Vietnamese sandwich (get the #1 spicy)
Pho Grand (#1 big bowl pho or any of its variations are good, grilled pork chops are great)
Nom Wah Tea Parlor is official for all day made to order dim sum. I brought some friends there and they enjoyed themselves & it was inexpensive.
Xing Wong BBQ - Cantonese roasted meats (duck, pork) are good here and Peking pork chop are good.
New Wong Rest Inc - Brother restaurant to Xing Wong on the same street. They make my favorite Cantonese breakfast food like congee (rice porridge) and fried crullers. Get the Zhaliang (fried cruller wrapped in a rice noodle roll)
Green Bo Restaurant - good Chinese restaurant (I like the Stewed Beef Noodle Soup)
Bo Ky Restaurant - Teochew Chinese food - My favorite is the Curry Chicken Noodle Soup with Ho Fun (broad rice noodles)
Some of the spots I listed are in Chinatown but here's more
Blue Ribbon Fried Chicken (when it's late at night and you want fried chicken but Popeyes is closed)
Boilermaker (for their burger)
Cheeky Sandwiches (for their biscuit and fried chicken sandwich and shrimp po' boy)
Kitty's A-Go-Go (for the Bisgel and fried chicken)
Speedy Romeo (The King Salami or Paul's Boutique)
Sunny and Annie's (for their Pho Sandwich)
99 Favor Taste (for the all you can eat Hot Pot/BBQ)
102 Noodles Town (for the best Pork with Thousand Year Egg congee (their Wonton Noodle Soups are also great))
Hop Shing Restaurant (for the Baked Roast Pork Bun "Cha Siu Bao")
May Wah Fast Food (for the Pork Chop Over Rice or Chicken Leg Over Rice)
Tai Pan Bakery (for all the different egg tarts)
West New Malaysia (for the Lychee Ice, Curry Beef Brisket Noodle Soup, Roti Canai, Hainanese Chicken On Rice)
You also have Bo Ky listed but the real stand out in that restaurant is the Country Style Duck (best in Chinatown), if you haven't tried it, get it. I usually get half a duck but can easily do a whole because it's so good!
Edited by willy cheesesteak - 8/12/16 at 3:38pmpost #11223 of 171228/12/16 at 3:33pmFuck this is brutal. Goes back to the discussion a few pages ago about the fashion industry being a shitty place to work.
Edit: Fixed the URL.
Edited by Gruff - 8/15/16 at 5:05ampost #11224 of 171228/12/16 at 4:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by bry2000
I just opened a magazine and this was the pagepost #11225 of 171228/12/16 at 4:53pmThread Starterpost #11226 of 171228/13/16 at 1:44ampost #11227 of 171228/13/16 at 12:30pmQuote:
Definitely hit up Microbar if you're into beers, lots of Icelandic craft beers.
Tapas Barinn for food
Harpa (probably already on your list). There's a little hotdog stand in a parking lot near Harpa that's good for a snack.
I think Sruli Recht's workshop/store closed down? But the harbor area is worth walking around.post #11228 of 171228/13/16 at 6:09pmpost #11229 of 171228/13/16 at 8:00pmpost #11230 of 171228/13/16 at 8:11pmpost #11231 of 171228/13/16 at 8:38pmpost #11232 of 171228/15/16 at 11:27ampost #11233 of 171228/15/16 at 12:35pmThread Starterpost #11234 of 171228/15/16 at 5:45pmpost #11235 of 171228/15/16 at 7:52pm
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
Currently, there are 1684 Active Users (329 Members and 1355 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 25 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 50 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 4 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 7 minutes ago
- › Tuxedo at my daytime wedding? 7 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...