Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicFashiontagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 0 10 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 10 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Suittagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - 19CM STRETCH VISCOSE WOOL BLEND TROUSERStagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - BRASS SPOON NECKLACEtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - CLASSIC WOOL MARTINI JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - DOUBLE COLLAR TROPICAL WOOL JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15More
- itemMargiela 11 double ring belt SS12tagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMargiela Sandalstagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicMensweartagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:29 am in Classic Menswear
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) Last post on 3/20/16 at 8:21am in Classic Menswear
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Modern Raw Denim Jacket Last post on 2/2/16 at 11:22am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- I accidentally spilled a drop of fish oil onto a pair of boots....Last edited: 1/29/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 738post #11056 of 125308/2/16 at 7:40ampost #11057 of 125308/2/16 at 8:50ampost #11058 of 125308/2/16 at 9:08ampost #11059 of 125308/2/16 at 9:32ampost #11060 of 125308/2/16 at 10:42ampost #11061 of 125308/2/16 at 10:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Biggskip
"Sales of cargo shorts have fallen over the past year for the first time in a decade..."
It's been a serious struggle to find decent cargo pants and shorts lately (which are pretty much all my gf wears). The Uniqlo slim and perfect fit ones were great, and they just stopped making them at some point. It's been impossible to find a decent replacement.Quote:
Those were banned from my middle school because kids would turn them sideways and cut each other with the metal part when they slapped them down.post #11062 of 125308/2/16 at 10:48ampost #11063 of 125308/2/16 at 11:06ampost #11064 of 125308/2/16 at 11:07amQuote:Sooooo... The question everybody is asking himself now : will Calvin Klein become a SF-approved brand now?Originally Posted by mementomoriarty
It's official, Raf Simons is at Calvin Klein as the new chief creative officer.
Waiting for the WAYWTs featuring Rafvin Kleins lolpost #11065 of 125308/2/16 at 11:17amQuote:
Yeah they took over the design about a year ago, but afaik they've only had a few pieces go to production so far (mostly sweatshirts with various DKNY slogans - "designers Know Nothing Yet", "Don't Knock New York" blah blah) so it seems weird that people are already blaming them for it.Quote:
I feel like CK Collection has always had some really cool pieces.post #11066 of 125308/2/16 at 12:03pmpost #11067 of 125308/2/16 at 12:19pmpost #11068 of 125308/2/16 at 12:31pm
Do you guys have any tell-tales of the competence of a tailor?
Out of maybe 10 visits to tailors in the past year, I have had four bad experiences with different tailors. These are tailors with good reputation and I'm very clear with what I want.
Everything from taking in shirts too much in the sides, to taking in the waist of pants unevenly, to ironing fine fabrics with shiny marks as a result. I can go back and complain, and would likely have the issue fixed for free, but since they messed up in the first place I do not trust them to get it right the second time. Feels very risky to leave nice clothes without the guarantee that they will do a good job. It would be nice to have some kind of distinguisher of how good they are.post #11069 of 125308/2/16 at 12:43pmIdk how helpful this is, but before I say anything I always let my tailor say how much he thinks something should be tapered/hemmed/taken in, and so far I've agreed with him almost every time.
Granted these have been relatively "normal"-fitting clothes and alterations, but nonetheless I always feel pretty confident we're on the same page and both know what I want (have used the same guy for past 2 years or so)post #11070 of 125308/2/16 at 12:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by kindofyoung
Idk how helpful this is, but before I say anything I always let my tailor say how much he thinks something should be tapered/hemmed/taken in, and so far I've agreed with him almost every time.
Granted these have been relatively "normal"-fitting clothes and alterations, but nonetheless I always feel pretty confident we're on the same page and both know what I want (have used the same guy for past 2 years or so)
I always ask them too. Those I have had experience seem to either misunderstand me or do not really know what they are doing, because easy fixes have been done quite badly.
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Colin Kaepernick is an a-hole 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...