I agree with all of this. I bought a pair of khaki Rosens a few months ago. Very cheap with a discount code. They work well as part of my all-khaki corny-urban-safari-dad outfits.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicFashiontagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 0 10 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 10 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Long sleeve shirttagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela 14 Suittagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - 19CM STRETCH VISCOSE WOOL BLEND TROUSERStagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - BRASS SPOON NECKLACEtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - CLASSIC WOOL MARTINI JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMaison Martin Margiela - DOUBLE COLLAR TROPICAL WOOL JACKETtagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15More
- itemMargiela 11 double ring belt SS12tagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- itemMargiela Sandalstagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
- topicMensweartagged by LA Guy, 5/18/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) Last post on 3/20/16 at 8:21am in Classic Menswear
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Modern Raw Denim Jacket Last post on 2/2/16 at 11:22am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- I accidentally spilled a drop of fish oil onto a pair of boots....Last edited: 1/29/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) - Page 675post #10111 of 172286/2/16 at 4:05pmpost #10112 of 172286/2/16 at 4:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by Caveat
Without considering the logistics for one second, I think it would be an amazing awesome thing to have an annual SF flea market where we all bring a suitcase full of used clothes to sell. I'm sure a lot of people would find it worthwhile to travel for a weekend somewhere and get to try on stuff from the B&S listings, and pay for the trip by selling their own stuff, while meeting a bunch of cool people. Has that been discussed before?
We did that a couple of times on the CM side. Was a few years agopost #10113 of 172286/2/16 at 4:15pmQuote:
Yep, that's accurate. Not really one size small, just...narrow shoulders. I have an XL that fits XL (a tee) and an L that I gave to my mom because it fit an...L. But my understanding is that sizes can vary a lot. If chest and shoulders seems small, they probably are.
IMO, the outwerwear is the standout. Not nevessarily the shirts. Depending, of course.post #10114 of 172286/2/16 at 10:56pm
We were talking about tshirts the other day - someone did a study of sizing and how tshirts shrink/strech over time.
Pretty interesting if you're into that short of thing. There is actual data for a lot of the brands we were just talking about: uniqlo, AA, club monaco, everlane, james perse, jcrew...post #10115 of 172286/3/16 at 7:51ampost #10116 of 172286/3/16 at 9:13ampost #10117 of 172286/3/16 at 1:10pmpost #10118 of 172286/3/16 at 1:17pmpost #10119 of 172286/3/16 at 1:45pmpost #10120 of 172286/3/16 at 2:07pmpost #10121 of 172286/4/16 at 3:07pmpost #10122 of 172286/4/16 at 3:41pmpost #10123 of 172286/4/16 at 3:59pmpost #10124 of 172286/4/16 at 3:59pmThread StarterQuote:
A full Windsor is a big, fat, ostentatious knot, but the half windsor is sorta the standard knot of choice. It's symmetrical, it's neat, and it is more formal than a four-in-hand. It's the knot that we had to use in my high school uniform, for example.
A full Windsor used to be more popular, and ties were tied shorter as well - remember that pants used to sit much closer to the natural waist. a half Windsor is not going to be that short unless you are really tall, or don't know how to gauge how much length to leave in the blade.
Also, I think that if a tie hits below the top of the belt. it's probably too long. A lot too short also looks silly, but I tend to err on the side of too short rather than too long, Too long says "high school prom."post #10125 of 172286/4/16 at 4:27pm
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 seconds ago
- › NWT Ralph Lauren Blazer in Navy - UK 38 / EU 48 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 11 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 29 minutes ago
- › New Watch 29 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 32 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 32 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 35 minutes ago
- › Carmina Polo Suede Longwing Blucher 8UK 45 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 45 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...