or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. - Page 37

post #541 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Love these.  Good thing too, since I proposed this GMTO!  (Pats self on back)  Seriously though, this is my one pair of Bonafe and I really look forward to ordering many more.  Quality for the price is phenomenal.

I'm glad the last worked out for you.  I am good with it, but just -- I think that if my instep were even a hair lower, these would no longer work for me.

Yes this was a great make up, thanks!

As promised here is a comparison between the 2102b last and the Simpson:

2102b:


Carmina Simpson (granted this is a derby, but I've tried on an Oxford, and it fits about the same):


Both lasts are awesome!
post #542 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityplace View Post


Yes this was a great make up, thanks!

As promised here is a comparison between the 2102b last and the Simpson:
 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
2102b:


Carmina Simpson (granted this is a derby, but I've tried on an Oxford, and it fits about the same):


Both lasts are awesome!

 

Just curious, where did you find the bottom shoe?

post #543 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertel View Post

Are you sure there is a H width in EB? F is the standard width, E is narrow, G is wide, so H would be extra wide?
there is an H width on the 946 last, at least that's what I was told
post #544 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc121 View Post

there is an H width on the 946 last, at least that's what I was told

Correct!
post #545 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Just curious, where did you find the bottom shoe?

 

Those were actually bought in the Mallorca store in person.

post #546 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityplace View Post
 
As promised here is a comparison between the 2102b last and the Simpson: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

2102b:


Carmina Simpson (granted this is a derby, but I've tried on an Oxford, and it fits about the same):


Both lasts are awesome!

 

 

I thought that 2102B was supposed to have a higher instep than Simpson. Was that not your experience?

post #547 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

I thought that 2102B was supposed to have a higher instep than Simpson. Was that not your experience?

Quite honestly, they both fit very similar. Perhaps I have mutant feet, but for me the order of best fit for soft square lasts: 2102b > Simpson > Rain

I haven't tried the MH71 last yet, but since the 2102b fits so well, with EB such a great value, I can't see the need.
post #548 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityplace View Post


Quite honestly, they both fit very similar. Perhaps I have mutant feet, but for me the order of best fit for soft square lasts: 2102b > Simpson > Rain

I haven't tried the MH71 last yet, but since the 2102b fits so well, with EB such a great value, I can't see the need.

I think you're throwing a lot of people for a loop because consensus seems to be that 2102b fits closer to rain last, which is pretty different from the simpson.  The first two are for higher instep feet in general.  Simpson is a lower instep last.  

 

Of course YMMV and yours clearly do.

post #549 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

I think you're throwing a lot of people for a loop because consensus seems to be that 2102b fits closer to rain last, which is pretty different from the simpson.  The first two are for higher instep feet in general.  Simpson is a lower instep last.  

Of course YMMV and yours clearly do.

Yes, I was quite nervous before receiving the shoes based on the popular consensus here. I took the following pic, with the order being Rain, Simpson, 2102b from top to bottom:


To me, Rain instep is much higher than the 2102b - unless we're talking about something else?
post #550 of 551
Received a nice package in the mail today.

post #551 of 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD83 View Post

Received a nice package in the mail today.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Wear in good health my friend! Always nice doing business with you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes.