or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. - Page 158

post #2356 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMarch View Post

Hey that's interesting. I honestly didn't know EB worked with hatch grain. Or at least never seen any of their models in it. 
Do you know where they get their hatch grain from?
Horween & he has lot of other stuff also.
post #2357 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMarch View Post

Well, the Balway looks very very good.
But I'm not sure if this is veldtschoen?
The construction looks like a regular handwelt?
My impression was that veldtschoen construction consisted of outward folded uppers like Norwegian, with additional use of both a leather midsole and welt?

LOL @ Ballway. Boneway is also good too.
post #2358 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


LOL @ Ballway. Boneway is also good too.

Haha, It's actually Balway....

Like, you know, Galway..... and then Valway.....

post #2359 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavere View Post
 

Am proposing a GMTO of the veldtschoen model. We have two already and need two more.

 

Upper: Vitello blue with medium burnish

Shaft: Blue hatch grain

Last: 74945

4 eyelets, 4 hooks with brass

270 deg flat welt

Black double leather sole with Vibram topy

 

GMTO pricing is $690 through Solegarb.

 

The final output will essentially be this minus the norvegese stitching:

 

Replied to your post in Reddit that I'm in. Any chance that you'd like to retain the norvegese stitching? I know it'll add to the cost, but it looks damn nice. 

post #2360 of 2869
They look great, looking forward to some more GMTO's. Need something other than Navy. Reddit guys keep us posted on here.
post #2361 of 2869

This is what I'm thinking for Balway: 

 

HW Construction

Sienna Hatch bottom-leather 

Kudu shaft in close matching or dark brown shaft 

Single Dainite Sole 

946 or 363MOD last (I have a wide foot, so wider fitting last is a must)

I want to do Norvegese but would only do it EB can trim the welt closer to the shoe. I abhor the wide welt look. Otherwise it'd be flat welt. 

 

Let me know what you guys think. Paging @peppercorn78 and other duck-footed brethren. 

post #2362 of 2869
B always - I was thinking of mahogany shell and loden or navy suede shaft on the 363mod
post #2363 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

B always - I was thinking of mahogany shell and loden or navy suede shaft on the 363mod

Love the idea of shell but already in on the Gentlemen's Footwear EG Galway. That, and I'm pretty much set in the non-rainy weather boot department. Going for that elegant shit-kicker. 

post #2364 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post

This is what I'm thinking for Balway: 

HW Construction
Sienna Hatch bottom-leather 
Kudu shaft in close matching or dark brown shaft 
Single Dainite Sole 
946 or 363MOD last (I have a wide foot, so wider fitting last is a must)
I want to do Norvegese but would only do it EB can trim the welt closer to the shoe. I abhor the wide welt look. Otherwise it'd be flat welt. 

Let me know what you guys think. Paging @peppercorn78
 and other duck-footed brethren. 

I've been following this with interest here and on GYW. Can't commit as present, because I'm not sure about the fit if 804. I have the black stitch cap in 804 G coming sometime in the future, but until then can't make any more costly gambles on sizing (thanks, Carmina).

Methinks 946 may be too angular for such a country boot.

Btw, do you happen to have leather swatches or examples of these leathers? Is the Kudi from Peabody (same as GG and Meccariello)?
post #2365 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


I've been following this with interest here and on GYW. Can't commit as present, because I'm not sure about the fit if 804. I have the black stitch cap in 804 G coming sometime in the future, but until then can't make any more costly gambles on sizing (thanks, Carmina).

Methinks 946 may be too angular for such a country boot.

Btw, do you happen to have leather swatches or examples of these leathers? Is the Kudi from Peabody (same as GG and Meccariello)?

 

I agree re 946 being maybe too sharp looking for this style, but it's certainly a crowd-pleasing last. I don't have swatches but I emailed SoleGarb to see what he's got on hand. I liked the color of the kudu in the pictures showing the boot in terms of a similar shade. Want to see if he has dark brown kudu. 

 

Which was the costly Carmina mistake? The chelsea boot?

post #2366 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post

I agree re 946 being maybe too sharp looking for this style, but it's certainly a crowd-pleasing last. I don't have swatches but I emailed SoleGarb to see what he's got on hand. I liked the color of the kudu in the pictures showing the boot in terms of a similar shade. Want to see if he has dark brown kudu. 

Which was the costly Carmina mistake? The chelsea boot?

The Chelsea and the tobacco suede rain last chukka. I made the rookie mistake of jumping in on two GMTOs before knowing how Rain would fit just to beat the price increase. And everyone said Rain fit like Bonafe 946, which it doesn't IMO.

Both lovely boots, but not the right fit for me. Toes too cramped and heel too wide.
Edited by peppercorn78 - 5/8/16 at 7:47pm
post #2367 of 2869
Does SoleGarb sell RTW or MTO only?
post #2368 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingboy View Post

Does SoleGarb sell RTW or MTO only?
Mto only.
post #2369 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooksb View Post

Replied to your post in Reddit that I'm in. Any chance that you'd like to retain the norvegese stitching? I know it'll add to the cost, but it looks damn nice. 

Am personally fine with norvegese stitching but I figured the increased cost would lower likelihood of getting 4 for the GMTO. I'll ask SoleGarb just to see what price would be like with either options.
post #2370 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavere View Post

Am personally fine with norvegese stitching but I figured the increased cost would lower likelihood of getting 4 for the GMTO. I'll ask SoleGarb just to see what price would be like with either options.

I'm fine with either as well. If leaving out norgevese makes it easier for us to get to 4, then I'm ok with that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes.