or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. - Page 154

post #2296 of 2869

My GMTO norvegese split toe boots are going to take about 6 month (11/11/15).  Perhaps is due to the short number of craftmen involved in the inseaming of that construction?.  No problem at all, winter is already over .

post #2297 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post

My GMTO norvegese split toe boots are going to take about 6 month (11/11/15).  Perhaps is due to the short number of craftmen involved in the inseaming of that construction?.  No problem at all, winter is already over .

I remember Skoak saying there's one woman who does the norvegese stitching, often working from home. I personally think the 6 months is Bonafe getting popular.
post #2298 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post

I remember Skoak saying there's one woman who does the norvegese stitching, often working from home. I personally think the 6 months is Bonafe getting popular.

I believe Patrik was actually referring to the stitching of the "reverse" split toe seam. Not the norvegese.
post #2299 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMarch View Post


I believe Patrik was actually referring to the stitching of the "reverse" split toe seam. Not the norvegese.

Yes, I asked Skoak about the number of craftmen involved with norvegese inseaming but still no reply. It is possible that norvegese + split toe shoes may be take longer than expected.

post #2300 of 2869
Just got word from Gabriel that my three single MTO pairs are about a week out and just need to be soled. My order was placed in early December with a quoted delivery estimate of mid to late April. Honestly, that's only about a week longer than my other pair took a year ago. Bonafe wait times seem consistently to fall around 4-5 months, which certainly seems reasonable compared to other manufactures I've purchased from.
post #2301 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMarch View Post


I believe Patrik was actually referring to the stitching of the "reverse" split toe seam. Not the norvegese.

 

post #2302 of 2869
My fur lined MTO just arrived at the doorstep. Beautiful work!





post #2303 of 2869

Just throwing this out there as to consider a GMTO for summer submission, fall possession.  I'm not 100% committed,  just tossing up an idea.

 

Enzo Bonafe Jumper or Derby Boot

74959

Cap toe

Dainite 

Norvegese Stiching 

 

Hidro Loden or Hidro Volpe?  

post #2304 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post
 

 

So no big guy doing norvegese?.  Can´t imagine the fingers and arms of that lady.:satisfied:

post #2305 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post

So no big guy doing norvegese?.  Can´t imagine the fingers and arms of that lady.satisfied.gif

https://youtu.be/kkb8ppySZN4

They show her doing the stitching in the middle of this video
post #2306 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post



Ah, you are most right. My apologies. My memory serves me poorly. My bad.
post #2307 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMarch View Post

Ah, you are most right. My apologies. My memory serves me poorly. My bad.

To be fair, Patrik did also say there's only one person that does the reverse split toe skin stitching. Still a good memory!
post #2308 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post
 

My GMTO norvegese split toe boots are going to take about 6 month (11/11/15).  Perhaps is due to the short number of craftmen involved in the inseaming of that construction?.  No problem at all, winter is already over .

 

post #2309 of 2869
If anyone is interested in purchasing the Burgundy Beauty on 946 in size 8, feel free to PM me. Another GMTO where sizing didn't work out. They're BNIB.
post #2310 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post

To be fair, Patrik did also say there's only one person that does the reverse split toe skin stitching. Still a good memory!

The only reason why I have that stuck in my head is because I have been dreaming of getting SkoaB to do a mto with the EB version of the JM Weston Hunt, and combine it with the "reverse" split toe seam that they can now execute. With chained norvegese....
One can only dream.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes.