or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. - Page 120

post #1786 of 2840

Thanks patrik.  Some great examples there of brown calf / brown suede.  The design below is quite appealing as well.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Some inspiration in regards of the recent GMTO discussion. All are 3540 MOD versions.
post #1787 of 2840
Guys RogerP and I are working on GMTO Bonafe Balmoral boot like this




It would be on Enzo Bonafe 804 last with Millerighe soles, the colors would be brown leather with brown suede upper. If you are interested in joining us let me know.
post #1788 of 2840

You've seen these already, but I got a chance to shoot my suede chukka GMTOs and thought I'd add them in here.  They are a bit light in shade for my winter wardrobe, but I will be rocking the heck out of them come spring and though the summer and fall.

 

Bonafe continues to impress as damnably hard to beat on the value for money scale.  Not to mention an extremely accommodating GMTO program.

 

 

Hosting provided by FotoTimeHosting provided by FotoTimeHosting provided by FotoTime 

post #1789 of 2840
Looks better in your pics than on my feet...
post #1790 of 2840
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

Guys RogerP and I are working on GMTO Bonafe Balmoral boot like this




It would be on Enzo Bonafe 804 last with Millerighe soles, the colors would be brown leather with brown suede upper. If you are interested in joining us let me know.

Just a thought: brown MC or Bolet or Melezze uppers, suede shaft (starting behind the eyelet seam), 804 last...something about the extended toe of the 804 seems right for a cap toe style. I agree the V brogue line around the shaft is what makes that Canterbury money.

Super tempting. Damn.
post #1791 of 2840
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Just a thought: brown MC or Bolet or Melezze uppers, suede shaft (starting behind the eyelet seam), 804 last...something about the extended toe of the 804 seems right for a cap toe style. I agree the V brogue line around the shaft is what makes that Canterbury money.

Super tempting. Damn.

I would not use MC from Bonafe, it is very thin,
post #1792 of 2840
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Just a thought: brown MC or Bolet or Melezze uppers, suede shaft (starting behind the eyelet seam), 804 last...something about the extended toe of the 804 seems right for a cap toe style. I agree the V brogue line around the shaft is what makes that Canterbury money.

Super tempting. Damn.

Yield to their overwhelming awesomeness. ;-)
post #1793 of 2840
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Just a thought: brown MC or Bolet or Melezze uppers, suede shaft (starting behind the eyelet seam), 804 last...something about the extended toe of the 804 seems right for a cap toe style. I agree the V brogue line around the shaft is what makes that Canterbury money.

Super tempting. Damn.

Haha. This makeup you're suggesting sounds terribly ... familiar.
post #1794 of 2840
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

You've seen these already, but I got a chance to shoot my suede chukka GMTOs and thought I'd add them in here.  They are a bit light in shade for my winter wardrobe, but I will be rocking the heck out of them come spring and though the summer and fall.

Bonafe continues to impress as damnably hard to beat on the value for money scale.  Not to mention an extremely accommodating GMTO program.


orig.jpgorig.jpgorig.jpg 

They look great. I love that color suede with a chukka
post #1795 of 2840
I unfortunately ordered the wrong size, so if anyone is looking for a pair in 11UK or better yet wants to trade a 10.5, let me know.

post #1796 of 2840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

I unfortunately ordered the wrong size, so if anyone is looking for a pair in 11UK or better yet wants to trade a 10.5, let me know.


wow now this is a great example to show the difference in photos from different lighting. Compare this pair with the one from the set of photos just above that were taken outside on the stairs. There is such a huge difference!

post #1797 of 2840
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post
 


wow now this is a great example to show the difference in photos from different lighting. Compare this pair with the one from the set of photos just above that were taken outside on the stairs. There is such a huge difference!

 

And lighting impacts suede even more than smooth calf, IMO.

post #1798 of 2840
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

 

And lighting impacts suede even more than smooth calf, IMO.


i agree. It does have a large effect on calf, but i notice much more variation on suede, which i think has to do with how the light hits the strands of leather that are sitting up on the suede. Just as how suede can look different if you slide your hand or brush over the nap in one direction or another, the light hits the nap from another angle. It would do a similar effect if you have different types of natural vs synthetic lighting on top of the angle of the nap. 

post #1799 of 2840
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post
 


i agree. It does have a large effect on calf, but i notice much more variation on suede, which i think has to do with how the light hits the strands of leather that are sitting up on the suede. Just as how suede can look different if you slide your hand or brush over the nap in one direction or another, the light hits the nap from another angle. It would do a similar effect if you have different types of natural vs synthetic lighting on top of the angle of the nap. 

 

I'm with you completely here.

post #1800 of 2840
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

 

I'm with you completely here.


great minds think alike. haha

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes.