Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- ლ(｡◕ˇε ˇ◕。ლ）HERE are a few small items for you to enjoy Last post on 6/15/11 at 10:46pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
UNIS, any info on this brand? - Page 18post #256 of 3225/7/13 at 7:44pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #257 of 3225/9/13 at 1:32pmQuote:
She's changed the fit to be more forgiving in the thighs and a higher rise. I'm about 5'10" 165lbs and they fit me perfectly. I'm a true size 32.
Hope this helps.
Jonathanpost #258 of 3225/11/13 at 9:49pmpost #259 of 3226/25/13 at 8:47pmpost #260 of 3226/26/13 at 8:52ampost #261 of 3226/26/13 at 11:13amAnyone try the Gio's recently?
I haven't bought a pair in almost 2 years, was in the LA store this weekend, tried on both the Gio and Gio Skinny, they definetly trimed down the cut on the Gio. I prefer the new Gio cut to previous version. Both the Gio and Skinny fit comparable in the top block, skinny is naturally a bit slimmer in the thigh, and has a much greater taper below the knee. Truthfully though, the fit for me was pretty similar between the two.
Going to go back and pick up the Gio in Army.post #262 of 3226/27/13 at 10:56ampost #263 of 3226/27/13 at 12:33pmpost #264 of 3226/27/13 at 12:43pmQuote:
i haven't worn GAP chinos in years but from what i remember the fit was pretty awful. for me, gios are worth the price tag because the fit is perfect for a guy like me (5'8 150).post #265 of 3226/27/13 at 12:46pmQuote:
They've been redesigned. I was insanely hesitant to purchase them, but took the plunge when I saw them on sale with +35% off coupon. Only thing from GAP I own currently.post #266 of 3226/27/13 at 1:31pmGio's are expensive yes, everyone saw that deabte going back and forth between Eunice Lee and some guy posting on Well-Spent.com
Are they worth the $150 more than the GAP pants? Probably not. They are made here in L.A., better fit for most comapred to GAP, I would imagine better material too. At the end of the day it is your call. I personally am a big fan of UNIS.post #267 of 3226/27/13 at 2:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Spencer
Gio's are expensive yes, everyone saw that deabte going back and forth between Eunice Lee and some guy posting on Well-Spent.com
Are they worth the $150 more than the GAP pants? Probably not. They are made here in L.A., better fit for most comapred to GAP, I would imagine better material too. At the end of the day it is your call. I personally am a big fan of UNIS.
I'm a big fan of Unis, however, I don't think the fit or materials is better on the Gios compared to GAP. Working in garment district in NYC I see that "Made in USA" means being made by the hands of illegal Chinese immigrants in NYC. I honestly think their stuff is overpriced and basically the APC of the US. Still, a fan of her designs.post #268 of 3226/27/13 at 2:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by brianoh
I'm a big fan of Unis, however, I don't think the fit or materials is better on the Gios compared to GAP. Working in garment district in NYC I see that "Made in USA" means being made by the hands of illegal Chinese immigrants in NYC. I honestly think their stuff is overpriced and basically the APC of the US. Still, a fan of her designs.
I agree. I owned a couple of pairs. The fit is nice but other than that, they are pretty overrated. Nothing special really. At that price point you can get chinos with better construction, fit, and material (I.e. W+H, Left Field, etc.)post #269 of 3226/27/13 at 2:58pmpost #270 of 3226/27/13 at 3:08pmQuote:
Thats a good point. Usually Gios go on sale twice a year ranging from 30-50% off. At that price point they're a good deal. That being said, W+H retailers also have 30-50% sales on their chinos. I don't believe Left Field goes on sale often, and if they its probably not much.
- UNIS, any info on this brand?
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 9 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 52 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 4 minutes ago
- › ISAIA Spring/Summer Navy Cotton Sport Coat (36R) 8 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 9 minutes ago
- › What's the deal with this guy in the bathroom? (Public Bathroom... 10 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 11 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...