Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:49 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
UNIS, any info on this brand? - Page 18post #256 of 3225/7/13 at 7:44pmpost #257 of 3225/9/13 at 1:32pmQuote:
She's changed the fit to be more forgiving in the thighs and a higher rise. I'm about 5'10" 165lbs and they fit me perfectly. I'm a true size 32.
Hope this helps.
Jonathanpost #258 of 3225/11/13 at 9:49pmpost #259 of 3226/25/13 at 8:47pmpost #260 of 3226/26/13 at 8:52ampost #261 of 3226/26/13 at 11:13amAnyone try the Gio's recently?
I haven't bought a pair in almost 2 years, was in the LA store this weekend, tried on both the Gio and Gio Skinny, they definetly trimed down the cut on the Gio. I prefer the new Gio cut to previous version. Both the Gio and Skinny fit comparable in the top block, skinny is naturally a bit slimmer in the thigh, and has a much greater taper below the knee. Truthfully though, the fit for me was pretty similar between the two.
Going to go back and pick up the Gio in Army.post #262 of 3226/27/13 at 10:56ampost #263 of 3226/27/13 at 12:33pmpost #264 of 3226/27/13 at 12:43pmQuote:
i haven't worn GAP chinos in years but from what i remember the fit was pretty awful. for me, gios are worth the price tag because the fit is perfect for a guy like me (5'8 150).post #265 of 3226/27/13 at 12:46pmQuote:
They've been redesigned. I was insanely hesitant to purchase them, but took the plunge when I saw them on sale with +35% off coupon. Only thing from GAP I own currently.post #266 of 3226/27/13 at 1:31pmGio's are expensive yes, everyone saw that deabte going back and forth between Eunice Lee and some guy posting on Well-Spent.com
Are they worth the $150 more than the GAP pants? Probably not. They are made here in L.A., better fit for most comapred to GAP, I would imagine better material too. At the end of the day it is your call. I personally am a big fan of UNIS.post #267 of 3226/27/13 at 2:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Spencer
Gio's are expensive yes, everyone saw that deabte going back and forth between Eunice Lee and some guy posting on Well-Spent.com
Are they worth the $150 more than the GAP pants? Probably not. They are made here in L.A., better fit for most comapred to GAP, I would imagine better material too. At the end of the day it is your call. I personally am a big fan of UNIS.
I'm a big fan of Unis, however, I don't think the fit or materials is better on the Gios compared to GAP. Working in garment district in NYC I see that "Made in USA" means being made by the hands of illegal Chinese immigrants in NYC. I honestly think their stuff is overpriced and basically the APC of the US. Still, a fan of her designs.post #268 of 3226/27/13 at 2:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by brianoh
I'm a big fan of Unis, however, I don't think the fit or materials is better on the Gios compared to GAP. Working in garment district in NYC I see that "Made in USA" means being made by the hands of illegal Chinese immigrants in NYC. I honestly think their stuff is overpriced and basically the APC of the US. Still, a fan of her designs.
I agree. I owned a couple of pairs. The fit is nice but other than that, they are pretty overrated. Nothing special really. At that price point you can get chinos with better construction, fit, and material (I.e. W+H, Left Field, etc.)post #269 of 3226/27/13 at 2:58pmpost #270 of 3226/27/13 at 3:08pmQuote:
Thats a good point. Usually Gios go on sale twice a year ranging from 30-50% off. At that price point they're a good deal. That being said, W+H retailers also have 30-50% sales on their chinos. I don't believe Left Field goes on sale often, and if they its probably not much.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Straw Hats Cheap | Snapback Trucker Hats | Cheap Straw Hats - ONE... 22 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Straw Baseball Caps | Cheap Straw Hats | Snapback Trucker Hats -... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Christian Kimber Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Straw Ball Cap | Cheap Straw Hats | Straw Trucker Hats - ONE DOZEN 3 minutes ago
- › Sciamat Navy sportscoat 42 US 52 EU New with tags DROPPED Price €... 4 minutes ago
- › Cheap Straw Hat | Straw Trucker Hats | Straw Baseball Caps - ONE DOZEN 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding