Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on 2/8/16 at 8:11pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
UNIS, any info on this brand? - Page 18post #256 of 3225/7/13 at 7:44pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #257 of 3225/9/13 at 1:32pmQuote:
She's changed the fit to be more forgiving in the thighs and a higher rise. I'm about 5'10" 165lbs and they fit me perfectly. I'm a true size 32.
Hope this helps.
Jonathanpost #258 of 3225/11/13 at 9:49pmpost #259 of 3226/25/13 at 8:47pmpost #260 of 3226/26/13 at 8:52ampost #261 of 3226/26/13 at 11:13amAnyone try the Gio's recently?
I haven't bought a pair in almost 2 years, was in the LA store this weekend, tried on both the Gio and Gio Skinny, they definetly trimed down the cut on the Gio. I prefer the new Gio cut to previous version. Both the Gio and Skinny fit comparable in the top block, skinny is naturally a bit slimmer in the thigh, and has a much greater taper below the knee. Truthfully though, the fit for me was pretty similar between the two.
Going to go back and pick up the Gio in Army.post #262 of 3226/27/13 at 10:56ampost #263 of 3226/27/13 at 12:33pmpost #264 of 3226/27/13 at 12:43pmQuote:
i haven't worn GAP chinos in years but from what i remember the fit was pretty awful. for me, gios are worth the price tag because the fit is perfect for a guy like me (5'8 150).post #265 of 3226/27/13 at 12:46pmQuote:
They've been redesigned. I was insanely hesitant to purchase them, but took the plunge when I saw them on sale with +35% off coupon. Only thing from GAP I own currently.post #266 of 3226/27/13 at 1:31pmGio's are expensive yes, everyone saw that deabte going back and forth between Eunice Lee and some guy posting on Well-Spent.com
Are they worth the $150 more than the GAP pants? Probably not. They are made here in L.A., better fit for most comapred to GAP, I would imagine better material too. At the end of the day it is your call. I personally am a big fan of UNIS.post #267 of 3226/27/13 at 2:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Spencer
Gio's are expensive yes, everyone saw that deabte going back and forth between Eunice Lee and some guy posting on Well-Spent.com
Are they worth the $150 more than the GAP pants? Probably not. They are made here in L.A., better fit for most comapred to GAP, I would imagine better material too. At the end of the day it is your call. I personally am a big fan of UNIS.
I'm a big fan of Unis, however, I don't think the fit or materials is better on the Gios compared to GAP. Working in garment district in NYC I see that "Made in USA" means being made by the hands of illegal Chinese immigrants in NYC. I honestly think their stuff is overpriced and basically the APC of the US. Still, a fan of her designs.post #268 of 3226/27/13 at 2:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by brianoh
I'm a big fan of Unis, however, I don't think the fit or materials is better on the Gios compared to GAP. Working in garment district in NYC I see that "Made in USA" means being made by the hands of illegal Chinese immigrants in NYC. I honestly think their stuff is overpriced and basically the APC of the US. Still, a fan of her designs.
I agree. I owned a couple of pairs. The fit is nice but other than that, they are pretty overrated. Nothing special really. At that price point you can get chinos with better construction, fit, and material (I.e. W+H, Left Field, etc.)post #269 of 3226/27/13 at 2:58pmpost #270 of 3226/27/13 at 3:08pmQuote:
Thats a good point. Usually Gios go on sale twice a year ranging from 30-50% off. At that price point they're a good deal. That being said, W+H retailers also have 30-50% sales on their chinos. I don't believe Left Field goes on sale often, and if they its probably not much.
- UNIS, any info on this brand?
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 seconds ago
- › Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best chat app? 5 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?