• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

V.K. Nagrani Ovadafut socks

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those of you who have these, you already know. Those of you who don't, I'd recommend you try them. Excellent socks. Hand linked toe. Only 312 of each style made. They are my favorite socks, my go-to every morning. They stay up. They are pretty durable. They are colorful. MSRP is $35. $17.50 for one or 3 for $40. This includes shipping in the U.S. Shipping to Canada will be an extra $5 per order. Overseas, contact me and I'll figure it out. PM me if you are interested.

Because I've basically sold every pair once now, I'm using old pictures. Pictures below are of the style being sold, not the exact pair unless otherwise specified.

2) Teal herringbone. 1 pair. SOLD pending payment

3) Blue, grey, and green. Bright. 1 pair. SOLD pending payment

8) Blue tan and red. A little darker in real life. 1 pair on hold

10) Black with teal white and red diamond. 1 pair.

12) Teal and navy flower. 1 pair.

13) Silver grey, blue and white squiggle. 1 pair. On hold

14) Tan, red and blue squiggle. 1 pair. On hold

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are these all OTC? I recall seeing a few pairs that were shorter than that -- which I prefer.

fracmeister

Reaction score
I'd like to take 11, 17, 28 and would be happy to take your other pair of 15s off your hands...

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
very beautiful as always.

and not only that, nagrani socks are qualitative on par with any other make out there, perhaps even more.

i wear the heck out of my nagranis and abuse them by machine washing them and tumble drying them medium.

they are the only socks of mine that has not shrunk one bit. that and a few pairs of facconable socks as well. amazed by their quality too.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like them too but I wish they would offer some more understated patterns/colors.

I only wear mine w/ chukka boots.

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
Over the past 25+ years I've accumualted over 400 of some of the finest, most fun socks that money can buy (that number is not an exaggeration).
wink.gif
I've got about 2 dozen pair of Nagrani's (aka "Ovadafut")...and I'd stack them against anything in my collection.

EX: I own about 10 pair of Duchamps...bought them last Fall...and as far as I'm concerned they don't hold a candle to the Nagrani socks. I line dry all of my socks (really) and I've found that over half of the Duchamps will begin to slip down with an hour of wearing them...while the Nagrani's not only stay up all day long, but they are super comfortable!

FYI- They also happen to make great boots socks! (I'm a boot-a-holic).

I already own a number of these patterns...but I might still be placing an order shortly.
biggrin.gif

Dennis

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
I like them too but I wish they would offer some more understated patterns/colors.
Not trying to single you out in particular....
But for a "Style" forum, there sure are an awful lot of conservative guys hanging here. Style is supposed to be fun, unique, individual. When was the last time you saw a Fred Astaire movie when he was wearing "understated" socks?!?

Dennis

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Osprey Guy
But for a "Style" forum, there sure are an awful lot of conservative guys hanging here. Style is supposed to be fun, unique, individual. When was the last time you saw a Fred Astaire movie when he was wearing "understated" socks?!?

Dennis

Not necessarily, at least not according to your definition of "fun". I can see people deriving great enjoyment from building a handsome ensemble out of seemingly boring pieces. Even more challenging/rewarding is to accomplish this under less-than-satorially-perfect situation, say, working in a conservative industry.

As for your second point: yes, Fred Astaire is certainly a dandy, but isn't Ronald Reagan quite stylish as well?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
EX: I own about 10 pair of Duchamps...bought them last Fall...and as far as I'm concerned they don't hold a candle to the Nagrani socks. I line dry all of my socks (really) and I've found that over half of the Duchamps will begin to slip down with an hour of wearing them...while the Nagrani's not only stay up all day long, but they are super comfortable!

Dennis

this is the key to nagrani.

i discovered this as well. all my nagranis stay up on over my calf ALL DAY. not once did i have to pull it up . and it is not tight or leave impressions on your leg, nor do they feel anything else but comfortable.

i received a small gift from someone an english made sock that i forgot the name, but costed $30 . that sock has lost all its elasticity after 3-4 wears and it stays loose and around my ankles after 10 minutes. i dont wear that anymore and just use it as a buffing rag for my shoes.
it dont compare to nagrani.

yes, if nagrani would start making basic socks like:

plain white, black, charcoal , or navy solid socks, in the same quality that they bring,
that would be something.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dennis

Eccentric sock wearing is not synonymous with "style". I prefer to make an effect with my whole ensemble rather than my socks.

Originally Posted by whacked
Not necessarily, at least not according to your definition of "fun". I can see people deriving great enjoyment from building a handsome ensemble out of seemingly boring pieces. Even more challenging/rewarding is to accomplish this under less-than-satorially-perfect situation, say, working in a conservative industry.

As for your second point: yes, Fred Astaire is certainly a dandy, but isn't Ronald Reagan quite stylish as well?

Bingo.

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are any of these still for sale? Sent a pm to chorse a while ago and never heard back.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been on vacation for the last 10 days or so and have a whole backlog of messages. Sorry guys. Will get to them as soon as possible.

Edit - and I agree with the quality comments. Nagrani have become my favorite socks by far. I do wish they had some more basic colors/styles, but some of them are not so wild.

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
Eccentric sock wearing is not synonymous with "style".
You make my point...

I'm in a "Style" forum and if I want to wear colorful or interesting socks, I'm accused of being "Eccentric."

And that's my overall impression of these forums. The overwhelming message (by the ones who tend to speak with "authority") is that one should (mostly) dress in a sedate, dignified manner (albeit well-coordinated), and only wear the best constructed, longest-lasting garments...even if it means foresaking current style (Ex: RM Williams boots...great utility I'm sure,...but the design went out of style 20 years ago!).

BTW-If it wasn't for us "eccentrics" the world would be a pretty dull place.

Dennis

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads