Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Blazers on ebay
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Blazers on ebay - Page 2

post #16 of 28
Quote:
The guy wanted opinions, and I gave him mine. I started no argument and made no slight on anyone. If anyone chooses to wear peak lapels or db for day to day wear then they should enjoy doing so, but I'll still hold the opinions I do and if people ask for them I'll freely give them.
True and you are certainly entitled to your opinion I just thought it funny how you seemed to have wanted to apologize to A Harris for what you said and then proceeded to repeat what you said. JJF
post #17 of 28
I think A Harris looks fantastic in his photo. I don't know if he has the personality to pull off that level of dandyism or not and I think he's a rare man indeed if he can. A Harris obviously has a lot of style, so he can make his own rules. The original poster is only making his first E-bay purchase, and looking at the choices he put forward I'm positive that my comments would apply to him. I think he'd be better off with something much less anachronistic.
post #18 of 28
I didn't mean to make it personal, as I'm not offended or anything. I just love to play devil's advocate.  
post #19 of 28
You make a good case, that's for sure.
post #20 of 28
Quote:
Sorry, I meant _or_ peak lapels. I know that's it's a romantic look but it's totally out of fashion and outside of formal occasions it looks very out of place and affected.
I don't think peaked lapels are totally out of fashion. Just look at the Dior Homme 2005 summer collection. It has a lot of jackets with peaked lapels and a few of them both have peaked lapels and DB.
post #21 of 28
A double breasted peak lapel suit in a flattering cut would look fantastic with a bow tie, and a striped shirt.
post #22 of 28
I thought peak lapels were the only acceptable lapels for DB???
post #23 of 28
Quote:
I thought peak lapels were the only acceptable lapels for DB???
They are. Definitely.
post #24 of 28
Quote:
I don't think peaked lapels are totally out of fashion. Just look at the Dior Homme 2005 summer collection. It has a lot of jackets with peaked lapels and a few of them both have peaked lapels and DB.
Both single and double breasted suits with peak lapels are quite common in current collections. Neither will ever look dated, unless taken to extremes - like the 80's versions with aircraft carrier shoulders.
post #25 of 28
Single breasted peaked lapel collars are found in pretty much every designer collection this fall and next season, and streetwear designers (Check out Rogan and Paper Denim) are latched onto to the peaked lapel (though not so much the double-breasted thing) like a dog on teriyaki marinated ribs. Peaked lapels are, if anything, very, very, au courant, de rigueur, whatever French I can muster up.
post #26 of 28
I have to agree with the consensus, peak lapel suits are very popular now, as they were in the 1930s. They have certainly enjoyed a resurgence. Most of my suits are the single breasted peak lapel variety, and in fact I am wearing one today. I love the way peak lapels on a single breasted suit give the impression of broader shoulders, without the bulk of extra shoulder padding. They are a bit quirky, since not many people own them, and the 2 button single breasted peak lapel suit jacket over a vest is just stellar.
post #27 of 28
Quote:
I think A Harris looks fantastic in his photo. I don't know if he has the personality to pull off that level of dandyism or not and I think he's a rare man indeed if he can. A Harris obviously has a lot of style, so he can make his own rules. The original poster is only making his first E-bay purchase, and looking at the choices he put forward I'm positive that my comments would apply to him. I think he'd be better off with something much less anachronistic.
Well, then I guess I look like a dandifyed fool two days out of the week; oh well. koji
post #28 of 28
Thread Starter 
I am very greatful for everyone's advice/suggestions. Frankly, before reading this thread, I didn't even know what peaked lapels were.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Blazers on ebay