or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › '08 Nissan GT-R
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'08 Nissan GT-R - Page 5

post #61 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkennett View Post
I now, the only cars that are of interest to me are the 335, IS350, and G37. I realize the GT-R is much more car than the others I mentioned; however, my point is that I'm hoping it elevates the game of the other players.
I'm not sure the Nissan GT-R really puts much pressure on Infiniti considering they are one and the same, but as a side note, I think Infiniti is starting to fairly comparable with BMW. Granted they have way fewer models, but what they do have is pretty good.
post #62 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
Nissan cares, lol.

Jon.

We don`t work for them, so why should we care.

The point is...It`s a good car (for the price) no matter if it sells well in the U.S or not.
post #63 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Yew View Post
Gold wheels are standard equipment for the STi. It's part of the look.

--Andre

BBS wheels are an option for the new 2008 model, they don't come standard anymore, which is a shame, if you ask me.

The Subie dude told me they were too expensive.

Also, it's STI, not STi as of 2007.
post #64 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
We don`t work for them, so why should we care.

The point is...It`s a good car (for the price) no matter if it sells well in the U.S or not.

All these wussies in their effeminate Porsches care, cause if the GT-R is fairly rare, they won't get embarrassed in front of their girl as often.
post #65 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael View Post
Unlike the Porsche, it's going to depreciate like there's no tomorrow.

One does not purchase a Skyline and consider depreciation because the thought of selling the car never occurs to you, at least its never crossed mine.

Slim - '95 993 GT2 > 02' R34 or vice versa?
post #66 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayzum View Post
Slim - '95 993 GT2 > 02' R34 or vice versa?
Are we talking stock 993 GT2 vs Stock R34 GT-R V Spec II? I'm not really sure, I'd be inclined to take the R34 regardless though. As for the new GT-R: Nurburgring lap 7.38* -- 161.628 km/h -- 2008 Nissan GT-R, *company test driver Suzuki, track partially wet Here's a cool article I just found. http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../71017001/1065
post #67 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
Are we talking stock 993 GT2 vs Stock R34 GT-R V Spec II? I'm not really sure, I'd be inclined to take the R34 regardless though. As for the new GT-R: Nurburgring lap 7.38* -- 161.628 km/h -- 2008 Nissan GT-R, *company test driver Suzuki, track partially wet Here's a cool article I just found. http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../71017001/1065
Wow...thanks for the video. It really looks like a great car with much better chassis and engine than I thought. The track wasn`t really partially wet like they said, but maybe they will be able to cut the time a little more on a perfectly dry with lots of rubber. Here`s a video of a tuned R34. I think the comparison really shows how good the chassis and engine of the new car really is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXECjVPMQHU
post #68 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
The track wasn`t really partially wet like they said, but maybe they will be able to cut the time a little more on a perfectly dry with lots of rubber.

Well its really hard to tell, since the map marks the "partially wet" area in the tunnels and you can't see the road. It may very well have been wet in there, but they certainly didn't slow down much either way.

Still a very nice lap time tho.
post #69 of 81
Anyone got 70k I can borrow?
post #70 of 81
At this price, I would buy a Porsche Cayman or 911 instead. Better handling and more fun with all the local Porsche clubs.
post #71 of 81
you mean, buy a used porshe 911?
post #72 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizanation View Post
you mean, buy a used porshe 911?

Yes, I saw one with very low miles for $70K recently. Fully loaded you can get a new one for $80K.

Better build quality than a Nissan as well.
post #73 of 81
Without having one to drive or examine, I don't see how anyone can say a Cayman or 911 handles better than the GT-R, or comment on its build quality. Chances are that the Porsches will have better build quality, but it's premature to say so.

As for club activities, there are plenty of car clubs around that have lots of good events. Many are also brand-agnostic, though the Porsche ones tend to be pretty insular.

--Andre
post #74 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Yew View Post
Without having one to drive or examine, I don't see how anyone can say a Cayman or 911 handles better than the GT-R, or comment on its build quality. Chances are that the Porsches will have better build quality, but it's premature to say so.

As for club activities, there are plenty of car clubs around that have lots of good events. Many are also brand-agnostic, though the Porsche ones tend to be pretty insular.

--Andre

I think it's a fair guess on my part based on my work in detailing on Porsches and Nissans. Also the Cayman's midengine design is tough to beat for handling.
post #75 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan View Post
I think it's a fair guess on my part based on my work in detailing on Porsches and Nissans. Also the Cayman's midengine design is tough to beat for handling.

Tough to beat doesn't meant it's not beaten. If the Nurburgring stats are correct, the GT-R handles as well, if not better than the 911 turbo. You can just get around that track that quickly on sloppy suspension.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › '08 Nissan GT-R