or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › '08 Nissan GT-R
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'08 Nissan GT-R - Page 3

post #31 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizanation View Post
most americans will never appreciate a car like this.

they should have only kept it for the RHD market, like the skyline.

they'd want to

0-100 in 3.7 seconds is true supercar territory. added with the gtr's renowned handling all for a price below 100K, it should sell in droves
post #32 of 81
Anyone who would malign a Skyline GT-R derivative is an idiot. The car, while the styling isn't my favorite (typically not into aggressive Japanese) will be fantastic, and I'm glad they're releasing it. I'm also glad that it beat the Porsche. You don't buy a GT-R because you want to pull pussy with it; you buy a GT-R because you enjoy driving. That being said, if I could get the equivalent Porsche for the same price.. I'd pick the Porsche but that's not really an option, which in and of itself is what makes this car so sweet.
post #33 of 81
people in this thread are saying that this is for the japanese car nerd, but it's not the same market, i think. what people here are calling "ricers" are actually people who like to take regular imports and soup them up--like the old skylines, civics, etc... i doubt that there will be too much you can do to the new GT-R to soup it up more than it already is. so, the people who would buy this car are the people who bought the NSX and people who want to upgrade from the 350Z. not your average "ricer." or, it could be for people who lusted after the old skyline GT-Rs but couldn't get their hands on one. now, years later, they have moved up several tax brackets and can actually buy this one to fulfill their young adult fantasies. kind of like cats who couldn't afford jordans or get the latest transformers.
post #34 of 81
miz...not saying its akin to a ricer...saying it looks like one
post #35 of 81
i think ricer culture definitely influenced it's styling. *actually* after looking at it more, i'm not so sure about my last statement.
post #36 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik View Post
Anyone who would malign a Skyline GT-R derivative is an idiot. The car, while the styling isn't my favorite (typically not into aggressive Japanese) will be fantastic, and I'm glad they're releasing it. I'm also glad that it beat the Porsche. You don't buy a GT-R because you want to pull pussy with it; you buy a GT-R because you enjoy driving. That being said, if I could get the equivalent Porsche for the same price.. I'd pick the Porsche but that's not really an option, which in and of itself is what makes this car so sweet.

Amen.
I sold my Porsche.
post #37 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizanation View Post
i doubt that there will be too much you can do to the new GT-R to soup it up more than it already is.

Reflash to increase boost, along with the usual my-car-is-lower-than-your-car suspension mods and monster wheels?

Porsche 911s are among the most riced-out cars I've seen at car events, so I don't think cost is going to keep people from doing things to the GT-R.

--Andre
post #38 of 81
you can get older porsche 911's for relatively cheap, but i know what you are saying. also, ironically, people think of the porsche 911 as the rice killer.
post #39 of 81
This new GT-R/Skyline is interesting, but the overall body style looks mismatched as the round taillights don't really go with the more angular theme of the front. I'm sure performance will be lights out but I'm not sure I like the looks of it. I'll be in the market for a new sports coupe in a couple of years and I'll certainly give this one a long look, but at the $70K range I would probably be more inclined to go with the new M3, Cayman S, or RS5.
post #40 of 81
I don't really care for the body styling on this GT-R. I agree with whomever said that it looked like a GM product. The angular body panels cheapen it in my opinion. I am glad that it is being released though, as it may force other companies to start coming out with some better cars. A new version of the Supra TT would be welcome in my garage. I'm also hoping the redesigns of the American cars turn out better in the coming years. There is a new mustang body design being released in late 2009/2010 that might be interesting as a Cobra or Saleen edition (the current one is disgusting). Right now, the only cars that are of interest to me are the 335, IS350, and G37. I realize the GT-R is much more car than the others I mentioned; however, my point is that I'm hoping it elevates the game of the other players.
post #41 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkennett View Post
A new version of the Supra TT would be welcome in my garage.

Amen, brother! The 1997 Supra TT is one of my teenage fantasy cars.
post #42 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn View Post
Amen, brother! The 1997 Supra TT is one of my teenage fantasy cars.

Yes, but no more massive tail:



Jon.
post #43 of 81
A new Supra was rumored....
post #44 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
Yes, but no more massive tail:

Jon.

It does nothing, but I do like it because the ass looks a bit...um...inadequate without it. This, is exactly what I want:

post #45 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn View Post
It does nothing, but I do like it because the ass looks a bit...um...inadequate without it. This, is exactly what I want:


I really don't like the looks of it, those rare Supras which did not have the tail looked a lot better in my opinion.

Jon.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › '08 Nissan GT-R