or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › scuderi
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

scuderi

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
does anyone know the italian suit brand scuderi
post #2 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohns7275 View Post
does anyone know the italian suit brand scuderi
All I know about them is that they are fully canvassed and had a nice Italian Tapered cut. I once almost carried them a few seasons back and then left it alone as it was the beginning of the climb of the euro and as a result was priced out of my market which is primarily young men.
post #3 of 15
Not sure of the city of origin. I have a light blue linen sport coat, which has full canvas, a neopolitan collar, lovely pick stitching and a quarter lining. The lapel roll is nice as is the fabric. The price was a steal. Definitely worth a look.
post #4 of 15
They are a family business situated in Viterbo in the Lazio region north of Rome, Italy. Founded in the mid 1950's
They make quality construction clothing in the classical italian traditional style and, as mentioned, make beautiful overcoats.
As far as I know all their suits and sportscoats are of high quality canvassed construction and of good materials sourced form Biella and England.
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan e gee View Post

They are a family business situated in Viterbo in the Lazio region north of Rome, Italy. Founded in the mid 1950's
They make quality construction clothing in the classical italian traditional style and, as mentioned, make beautiful overcoats.
As far as I know all their suits and sportscoats are of high quality canvassed construction and of good materials sourced form Biella and England.

According to their web site, all of Scuderi's garmets are fully canvassed.

http://www.scuderi.it/ENG/costruction.html

post #6 of 15

I have a tailor who does only MTO and works only with Scuderi, have 4 sports coats from them and they are extremely well cut

post #7 of 15
Well cut and well constructed. I have bought sports jacket in the past.
post #8 of 15
where might one purchase these items?
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG33 View Post

I have a tailor who does only MTO and works only with Scuderi, have 4 sports coats from them and they are extremely well cut

Same here - I have 3 Scuderi suits (wearing one today smile.gif ) which are all MTO. Agreement that they're really well cut. I don't know of anywhere online that sell them. My tailor in London was the only guy (that I was aware of) that had access to Scuderi and before I met him I had never even heard of the company.
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsion View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG33 View Post

I have a tailor who does only MTO and works only with Scuderi, have 4 sports coats from them and they are extremely well cut

Same here - I have 3 Scuderi suits (wearing one today smile.gif ) which are all MTO. Agreement that they're really well cut. I don't know of anywhere online that sell them. My tailor in London was the only guy (that I was aware of) that had access to Scuderi and before I met him I had never even heard of the company.

Yoox has a few for good prices.........
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

where might one purchase these items?

 



I picked up a staple steel grey Scuderi suit on Yoox for $185 about a month and a half ago.
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLinStyle View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

where might one purchase these items?

 



I picked up a staple steel grey Scuderi suit on Yoox for $185 about a month and a half ago.

Yes, Scuderi sport coats are often on Yoox at very good prices and their stuff is nicely made indeed. A real sleeper brand.

post #13 of 15
I second that, real sleeper brand, hopefully stays that way for a while.
The suit i picked up is quite amazing for the price - Fully canvased, Solid grey Loro Piana 130 fabric, Drop 8 cut, 3 roll 2 buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redboat View Post

Yes, Scuderi sport coats are often on Yoox at very good prices and their stuff is nicely made indeed. A real sleeper brand.

 

post #14 of 15
Just curious as to what does your tailor chard for MTO Scuderi SC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG33 View Post

I have a tailor who does only MTO and works only with Scuderi, have 4 sports coats from them and they are extremely well cut


 

post #15 of 15

It depends on the fabric but around $1200-$1500

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › scuderi