or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › And Now The New World Series of Buttons Champs!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

And Now The New World Series of Buttons Champs! - Page 2

post #16 of 33
Like any rule, it can be successfully circumvented by some.






I've been known to button-up on particularly windy days, lest my front quarters go flapping about like a blown out spinnaker.
post #17 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasso View Post
Like any rule, it can be successfully circumvented by some.




No. He's standing up with his legs together; in stride, it would pull awkwardly, just like on everyone else.

Quote:
I've been known to button-up on particularly windy days, lest my front quarters go flapping about like a blown out spinnaker.

Of course! That's why it's there.
post #18 of 33
This drives me nuts. It's not that complicated, but at least half the guys I see on the street in NY button all buttons, no matter what.
post #19 of 33
Are you ever tempted to say something?
post #20 of 33
I've stopped people to tell them that they've buttoned unevenly (top button in middle buttonhole) I'd appreciate it, in their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triniboy27 View Post
Are you ever tempted to say something?
post #21 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasso View Post
Like any rule, it can be successfully circumvented by some.



Just because it's an old pic of Cary Grant doesn't make it right.
post #22 of 33
^^

That thing had to look like a straightjacket whenever he walked around with the jacket buttoned up like that.
post #23 of 33
Guy on the right looks like a sausage.
post #24 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
Just because it's an old pic of Cary Grant doesn't make it right.
Couldn't agree more.
post #25 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by letmebefell View Post
If you were watching closely, you also saw that Bud Selig, the commissioner of baseball, a guy who makes $5 million a year, was wearing a sportcoat with sleeves down to his knuckles on the biggest day of his year. The sac look, if you will.

If you were watching closely, or not very closely, or even just caught a glimpse, you'd also realize that Bud Selig just might be the ugliest man of all time.
post #26 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
Couldn't agree more.
+1
post #27 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher View Post
No. He's standing up with his legs together; in stride, it would pull awkwardly, just like on everyone else.


And yet, the military button-up to little or no detriment.


post #28 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
Just because it's an old pic of Cary Grant doesn't make it right.
Funny coming from you, slave that you are to abiding by the rules .
post #29 of 33
And one should also note that before our pudgy King Edward VII got even more pudgy, men wore their jackets completely buttoned.
post #30 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
And one should also note that before our pudgy King Edward VII got even more pudgy, men wore their jackets completely buttoned.

But they were cut to that effect. The point made in this thread is not about buttoning or not, it is about buttoning all the buttons of a jacket that was not designed and cut to accomodate this (unsightly) choice.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › And Now The New World Series of Buttons Champs!