or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › B&S Archive › Bergdorf Goodwill's status
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bergdorf Goodwill's status - Page 3

post #31 of 104
BERGDORF we SEE YOU
post #32 of 104
Thread Starter 
Still no response or merchandise from BG. Anyone else?
post #33 of 104
I won my paypal case a little while back. I got the money back too.
post #34 of 104
Well, after sending several (unanswered) e-mails and PMs, and vainly waiting for some sort of response, or for BG to sort his life out, I finally filed a PayPal dispute a short while ago. It was immediately elevated to claim status, and an e-mail was apparently sent by PayPal to BG. However, PayPal then listed the claim as "deferred". No reason was given for this, but I assume that it might be because I waited quite a few months to file a dispute (and I believe that PayPal states that it should be done within 45 days). So, I hold out no hope of ever receiving my goods from BG, nor do I hold out any hope of receiving a refund from him. Further, it seems as though I have no hope of getting any satisfaction via PayPal. I realise that purchasing items on internet fora always involves an element of "caveat emptor", but it is frustrating to be screwed over by a well-known forum member - particularly when you know that he's been in dire straits and have (foolishly) delayed filing a dispute in the hope that he'd get his life sorted out and send the stuff as he had repeatedly promised to do in various threads here on SF. As an aside, I noticed that BG listed one of the ties that I bought (and never received) from his Megasale in the items that he listed on eBay a couple of months ago. Once again, I e-mailed him to query whether he had more than one of the same ties, but never received a response. In any event, the auctions were cancelled so it became a moot point. I've got every sympathy for the man as I've been in some pretty dire straits before, but it does irritate and frustrate me when it's clear that BG is actually checking in to SF (his profile shows that he last checked in on 04 December), but that he is not bothering to respond to any correspondence from people who are still waiting for goods to be sent some five months after they paid for them.
post #35 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
I realise that purchasing items on internet fora always involves an element of "caveat emptor", but it is frustrating to be screwed over by a well-known forum member - particularly when you know that he's been in dire straits and have (foolishly) delayed filing a dispute in the hope that he'd get his life sorted out and send the stuff as he had repeatedly promised to do in various threads here on SF.

While there is probably more risk from buying on an internet forum, I would point out that that element is not absent in internet stores, nor even brick and mortar stores. The most awful buying experience of my life came when I bought a pair of pants in the NYC YSL store, and the salesman agreed to send the matching jacket for me to try on (not buy) in the SF store. When the jacket arrived, the tags had been snipped and he had charged my credit card and included a receipt. After fighting with him, and the SF store for a while, I had to contact American Express to get my money back for a jacket which didn't fit.
post #36 of 104
Thread Starter 
According to his profile, Bergdorf Goodwill checked in here today. It is infuriating that he is visiting the fora while igoring PMs and that he is not fulfilling his contractual obilgations and sending out paid-for merchandise. Another forum member suggested a class action lawsuit. Maybe its not such a bad idea.
post #37 of 104
Are you serious? You want to file a class action lawsuit to what, get your $40 back? I mean, I'm sorry you guys got screwed, but getting litigious over a tie is just not reasonable.
post #38 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherseanfan View Post
According to his profile, Bergdorf Goodwill checked in here today. It is infuriating that he is visiting the fora while igoring PMs and that he is not fulfilling his contractual obilgations and sending out paid-for merchandise. Another forum member suggested a class action lawsuit. Maybe its not such a bad idea.


You should have just filled a claim with your credit card company and/or payal when you still had the chance.
post #39 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arethusa View Post
Are you serious? You want to file a class action lawsuit to what, get your $40 back? I mean, I'm sorry you guys got screwed, but getting litigious over a tie is just not reasonable.

unless it was that navy tie with "capitalist tool" in yellow print all over it. That shit was the shit.
post #40 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo View Post
unless it was that navy tie with "capitalist tool" in yellow print all over it. That shit was the shit.
I wanted that really badly.
post #41 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherseanfan View Post
According to his profile, Bergdorf Goodwill checked in here today. It is infuriating that he is visiting the fora while igoring PMs and that he is not fulfilling his contractual obilgations and sending out paid-for merchandise. Another forum member suggested a class action lawsuit. Maybe its not such a bad idea.

frustrating indeed. i got screwed over (twice) in july/august but got the charges removed by citi.
post #42 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post


You should have just filled a claim with your credit card company and/or payal when you still had the chance.

Well, yes, 20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing.

However, as has been pointed out previously by a couple of posters in this thread (including myself), we waited some time to take action out of (misguided) respect for BG's situation (homeless, living out of his car), because he had stated that he would send out all the items in short order, and because some people actually did receive items that they had ordered, thus giving us hope that he would be true to his word.

Regrettably, it seems that our charity and our hope that he would make good on his word was sadly misplaced.

Personally, I'm not so bummed about the money - I'm more frustrated by the fact that my trust has been betrayed, and by the fact that BG continues to lurk here whilst apparently doing nothing to repair the situation.
post #43 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
Personally, I'm not so bummed about the money - I'm more frustrated by the fact that my trust has been betrayed, and by the fact that BG continues to lurk here whilst apparently doing nothing to repair the situation.
All it takes is one delay on the sender's part and it is easy to slip past the Paypal time limit for filing the claim. BG gave me the line that "the tie was sent out but then returned in the mail because he put the wrong address on it!" Sure it was... all the while asking if I wanted to buy more things from his sale so he could include them in the next shipment. Scammer.
post #44 of 104
Thread Starter 
In an ideal world, this travesty would only reflect badly on BG as an individual but sadly it is a stain on SF's record. Can the moderators take some kind of action on behalf of those screwed?
post #45 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherseanfan View Post
In an ideal world, this travesty would only reflect badly on BG as an individual but sadly it is a stain on SF's record. Can the moderators take some kind of action on behalf of those screwed?
Are you kidding? WTF are the moderators gonna do, reach into their own pockets and return your forty freakin' dollars? SF is not some union that ensures smooth transactions on the B&S forum.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: B&S Archive
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › B&S Archive › Bergdorf Goodwill's status