or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why Hillary will be the next POTUS - Page 135

post #2011 of 3334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post


So you really have no skin in the game, you just such an awesome human being full of empathy that you cannot keep silent when such a monster makes someone somewhere feel allegedly unsafe.
I get it . That certainly makes you much better person than the rest of us.

Now, how do you feel about Oceans and dolphins?

 

Well, I suppose that if disliking the odious Farage makes me an awesome human being, then that's what I must be.

As far as feeling "allegedly unsafe" is concerned, I would imagine that Poles in Harlow might be feeling a bit unsafe at the moment. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/sep/04/assault-on-polish-men-harlow-possible-hate-crime http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37271609  The brexit vote seems to have given racists license to be more open in the xenophobia http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/brexit-hate-crime-racism-immigration-eu-referendum-result-what-it-means-eurospectic-areas-a7165056.html http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-racism-uk-post-referendum-racism-hate-crime-eu-referendum-racism-unleashed-poland-racist-a7160786.html http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/police-scotland-report-increase-hate-8688744 

 

 

How do I feel about oceans and dolphins? What a curious question! Still, I might as well answer as it is a Sunday morning and I've nothing better to do......

Oceans. How do I feel about them. I can't say that I feel much about them at all. I've sailed on four of them, and didn't much care for the North Atlantic or the North Pacific, especially in winter. I quite liked the Indian, and the Southern could be quite spectacular.

Dolphins. I quite like them.

Does that answer your questions? Would you care to explain why you're so interested in my feelings towards them?

post #2012 of 3334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scelerat View Post

 The brexit vote seems to have given racists license to be more open in the xenophobia

Assuming that's true - I don't see that as a knock on anyone supporting Brexit including Farage unless they 1. commit these acts of violence or 2. condone them.
post #2013 of 3334
Quote:
Originally Posted by greger View Post

Speak for yourself. Have you been around people with medical problems where there head is out of control? Or repeating a simple sentence someone just said, but their not in control? It doesn't matter what people explain it as when they are guessing. But there needs to be an honest answer put forth from the DNC, since her team will continue to sweep it under the carpet. You don't have to be a doctor to know something is wrong. The second problem I've mentioned here I saw on the news or some TV program before watching any YouTube video of it, it raised a red flag. She is not running to be President of some small town garden club. She is running for President of the United States. She needs to be in good health. Another unhealthy problem is lying about it.

This.

She had a full on seizure at Ground Zero.

The implications of her being President with the number of acknowledged health issues she has are frightening.

But the Democrats have history for putting crocks in power. FDR, JFK come to mind.
post #2014 of 3334
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

If you guys had your way FDR, Wilson, JFK, Taft, along with your beloved Reagan should not have been elected president either

Reagan would never get the Repub nom today as he was not right wing enough.
post #2015 of 3334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

If you guys had your way FDR, Wilson, JFK, Taft, along with your beloved Reagan should not have been elected president either

Reagan would never get the Repub nom today as he was not right wing enough.

that's the reason he would get the nom and part of the reason why Trump got it
post #2016 of 3334
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

that's the reason he would get the nom and part of the reason why Trump got it

Huh?
post #2017 of 3334
^ Trump stance on not reducing social security, against TPP or even anti-interventionism is not something you'd identify conservative with, in fact many people from Rush Limbaugh to Newt Gingrich pointed that out andas well as many other right wing commentators usually as a knock on Trump. Trump has an obvious mancrush on Reagan too. There are right-wing elements of his policy like immigration but he's more nationalist than conservative imo. Conservatism lost in primaries vide Ted Cruz.
post #2018 of 3334
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

^ Trump stance on not reducing social security, against TPP or even anti-interventionism is not something you'd identify conservative with, in fact many people from Rush Limbaugh to Newt Gingrich pointed that out andas well as many other right wing commentators usually as a knock on Trump. Trump has an obvious mancrush on Reagan too. There are right-wing elements of his policy like immigration but he's more nationalist than conservative imo. Conservatism lost in primaries vide Ted Cruz.

I've still got no idea how this ties together with your previous claim. It's okay.
post #2019 of 3334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I've still got no idea how this ties together with your previous claim. It's okay.

imo people prefer centrist nationalis/populist to right wing conservative (at least in GOP understanding of these terms)

Most people, people even leaning republican don't want cutting social security, anti-poverty programs, outscourcing jobs or more interventionsm, same on social issues most people don't oppose gay marriage or abortion anymore. GOP is totally disconnected from it's base that's why Reagon would win today and it's likely Trump will win- because they are not as right wing as conservative party establisment on many important issues.

that's only one thing and one poll but even among republicans % in favour of cutting social security was like 34%



ofc I could be wrong but that's what i make out of it
Edited by wojt - 9/18/16 at 7:36am
post #2020 of 3334
Thread Starter 
So your contention is the guy who said government is the problem, not the solution, would appeal to this alleged Republican base that actually wants bigger government?
post #2021 of 3334
^ didn't he ultimately increase taxes and government spending though and supported guns background check?
post #2022 of 3334

the "what would today's GOP make of yesterday's Reagan" thing is maybe difficult to approach unless you corner which Reagan you're really addressing - the pre-presidency Reagan or are you accounting for his 8-year record as prez? 

 

without making that distinction it's sort of easy for somebody to cherry-pick the "reagan" that most conveniently serves their argument - are we talking about the union head or the guy who fired the air traffic controllers? the anti-tax advocate or the guy who blew up the deficit? there's a bit of a difference between a candidate and a president, no?

 

EDIT: to the point tho i think that Reagan could exist comfortably in today's GOP without issue. only 4 years after Mitt got the nom and i think he would've again, had he chose to pursue it.

 

EDIT EDIT: whoops i'm assuming the pre-1980 reagan, unencumbered by his own presidential record.


Edited by double00 - 9/18/16 at 8:43am
post #2023 of 3334
^ well yeah maybe the whole discussion is made sort of irrelevant because that point about cherry picking is very good one come to think of it. Seems I'm guilty of it too. I wonder what type of difference we would see between candidate Trump and president Trump rolleyes.gif

one point i disagree with you is tht you think Mitt would have a chance, I don't think he would stand a chance vs Trump this year
post #2024 of 3334
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post

This.

She had a full on seizure at Ground Zero.

The implications of her being President with the number of acknowledged health issues she has are frightening.

But the Democrats have history for putting crocks in power. FDR, JFK come to mind.

FDR & JFK health problems had nothing to do with their ability to think. A huge difference, don't you think? A whole different ball park. Hillary is not even close to being in the same group health wise as FDR & JFK.
post #2025 of 3334

The saucers should be here any day now 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS