or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why Hillary will be the next POTUS - Page 11

post #151 of 3264
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

Pretty sure Hills voted to invade Iraq.

Only because she was deceived by bad men.
post #152 of 3264
So by that rationale if she had a better personality she would cease to be a filthy animal.
post #153 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

Pretty sure Hills voted to invade Iraq.

And Syria was her's.
post #154 of 3264
It's clear unless something unfathomable happens like Rand Paul or Bernie Sanders gets elected, we're going to have an unrepentant warmonger as our next President no matter which party ends up taking the White House.
post #155 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post

It's clear unless something unfathomable happens like Rand Paul or Bernie Sanders gets elected, we're going to have an unrepentant warmonger as our next President no matter which party ends up taking the White House.

Why does this keep happening though? Iraq is unpopular, Syria is unpopular, and we have record numbers (at least in the past 20 years) saying they want less foreign involvement. Yet this is one side that almost all Presidential candidates ever agree on. They just turn the argument on who they want to bomb back to the stone age first and how fast they think they can get it done.
post #156 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Why does this keep happening though? Iraq is unpopular, Syria is unpopular, and we have record numbers (at least in the past 20 years) saying they want less foreign involvement. Yet this is one side that almost all Presidential candidates ever agree on. They just turn the argument on who they want to bomb back to the stone age first and how fast they think they can get it done.

Even if someone like Paul is elected i think it will keep happening. Its part of overall US strategy. People think of the american involvement in irak and libya as mistakes but i think theyre part of a carefully laid out plan.

They have effectively ensured the region stays in a direct sunni shiite schism for decades to come.

Iran is now pitted against the sunni states. It will want both to be depleted in years of conflict.

No strong regional superpower and religious conflict = arm sales, israel safety, oil not in the hand of strong sides that can use it for leverage.

Its the western style of policy in the middle east since sykes picot and before. If i wasnt so pissed about them supporting isis and alqaeda id admire how much their plans work.
post #157 of 3264
Thread Starter 
Guesses on Hillary's VP? I'm thinking Julian Castro.
post #158 of 3264
I had assumed Elizabeth Fauxcohontaus.
post #159 of 3264
Thread Starter 
Fauxcohontaus = awesome

No, not her. She really brings nothing to the ticket but an appeal to the far left. She alienates Wall St., and if there's one thing the Clintons never want to do, is alienate Wall St. Julian Castro, OTOH, delivers to Hills the one mega-electorate state the Repubs currently have pretty solidly. He would also assure her legacy is firm as he'd get elected after her second term.
post #160 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Fauxcohontaus = awesome

No, not her. She really brings nothing to the ticket but an appeal to the far left. She alienates Wall St., and if there's one thing the Clintons never want to do, is alienate Wall St. Julian Castro, OTOH, delivers to Hills the one mega-electorate state the Repubs currently have pretty solidly. He would also assure her legacy is firm as he'd get elected after her second term.

Is there any evidence the VP pick actually has impacted any election since Nixon? Also, is Warren that anti-Wall St? I know she talks a big game, but she loves the IMEX bank. I wouldn't be surprised if it is all a populist act.
post #161 of 3264
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Is there any evidence the VP pick actually has impacted any election since Nixon? Also, is Warren that anti-Wall St? I know she talks a big game, but she loves the IMEX bank. I wouldn't be surprised if it is all a populist act.

Well, Warren and hubby are apparently worth $10-15 million so it makes one wonder. Maybe she's one of those self-loathing liberals that votes against her own best interests?
post #162 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Is there any evidence the VP pick actually has impacted any election since Nixon? Also, is Warren that anti-Wall St? I know she talks a big game, but she loves the IMEX bank. I wouldn't be surprised if it is all a populist act.


She was featured on a PBS show (Frontline?) about 10 years ago and as I recall was arguing in favor of credit card companies. I didn't know her back then so I wasn't looking for any angles. I just remember thinking that I was surprised at how pro-creditor she was under the circumstances. Again, that was a long time ago . . .

Although she did go by the name given to her by her tribe.
post #163 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Well, Warren and hubby are apparently worth $10-15 million so it makes one wonder. Maybe she's one of those self-loathing liberals that votes against her own best interests?

Becoming president is worth hundreds of millions. She is a true venture capitalist.
post #164 of 3264
Bill could actually run as her VP. That would be hilarious. Or HILLarious, get it?
post #165 of 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

Bill could actually run as her VP. That would be hilarious. Or HILLarious, get it?


Could he then have her knocked off and become president again? Not sure if the two terms rule would kick in.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS