or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why Hillary will be the next POTUS - Page 86

post #1276 of 3374
"Donald Trump comes out of his convention ahead of Hillary Clinton in the race for the White House, topping her 44% to 39% in a four-way matchup including Gary Johnson (9%) and Jill Stein (3%) and by three points in a two-way head-to-head, 48% to 45%. "
http://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/07/25/cnn-trump-clinton-poll-newday.cnn

there were 2 more polls that showed the same 2days ago CBS Trump+1 and LA Times Trump+4

Your point about hardcore bernie cultist never voting for trump is valid, can't see it either. But i would guess that mojrity of his voters are not these super-progressives we see on tv
post #1277 of 3374
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

I think you're getting distorted view over there through the media's commercial interest in making every race look as close as possible.

Take your antisemitic criticism of the media elsewhere.
post #1278 of 3374
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

I think you're getting distorted view over there through the media's commercial interest in making every race look as close as possible.

I get the sense a decent number of people are having their view of the election formed from rather insular internet communities. If you were getting your sense of the election from Reddit or 4chan, you'd think that all liberals HATE Hillary and the only reason she has any votes at all is fraud. You'd think every Trump voter was convinced by his "anti-PC" stance. The Bernie Bros and 14 year old 4chan Trump trolls have a huge voice on the Internet, but they don't tend to really understand the political process or what actually wins elections very well.



The only sensible overlap between Trump and Bernie is the anti-trade rhetoric. I'm not sure how many Democrats leaned that way. It makes sense that Bernie supporters are riled up now, between the convention and the DNC email scandal. If history is any guide (and it usually is), the vast majority of them will come around.

The core "Bernie Bro" voter is the type that usually stayed home. There's a reason Hillary isn't pandering to them. She expects that most of the Bernie voters will come around, and the die-hards will end up smoking weed on their couch on election day. They're not going to vote Trump, and that's the scenario that would really hurt her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

"Donald Trump comes out of his convention ahead of Hillary Clinton in the race for the White House, topping her 44% to 39% in a four-way matchup including Gary Johnson (9%) and Jill Stein (3%) and by three points in a two-way head-to-head, 48% to 45%. "
http://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/07/25/cnn-trump-clinton-poll-newday.cnn

there were 2 more polls that showed the same 2days ago CBS Trump+1 and LA Times Trump+4

And Hillary was up by as much as 10% within the last couple weeks. Acting like this is a done deal at this point, right after the Republican convention, is silly.
post #1279 of 3374
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

"Donald Trump comes out of his convention ahead of Hillary Clinton in the race for the White House, topping her 44% to 39% in a four-way matchup including Gary Johnson (9%) and Jill Stein (3%) and by three points in a two-way head-to-head, 48% to 45%. "
http://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/07/25/cnn-trump-clinton-poll-newday.cnn

there were 2 more polls that showed the same 2days ago CBS Trump+1 and LA Times Trump+4

Other issues with that aside . . .


There's a reason I referred to electoral votes. The reason is that those are the ones that actually determine who becomes President.
post #1280 of 3374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

Take your antisemitic criticism of the media elsewhere.

Nah, based on a number of the prior posts, it fits in perfectly here.
post #1281 of 3374
Thread Starter 
LOL, current BBC headline: Trump to Russia: 'Hack Clinton emails'
post #1282 of 3374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

LOL, current BBC headline: Trump to Russia: 'Hack Clinton emails'
Are we laughing at the BBC because their current headline is about 12 hours behind the U.S. news cycle?
post #1283 of 3374
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Are we laughing at the BBC because their current headline is about 12 hours behind the U.S. news cycle?

More of how much weight they're giving a Tweet and how convinced the Clinton camp seems to be that Trump agents were behind the DNC hacking.
post #1284 of 3374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

More of how much weight they're giving a Tweet and how convinced the Clinton camp seems to be that Trump agents were behind the DNC hacking.
Waste of space that could be devoted to coverage of the mom who posted a video of herself beating her daughter on the intertubes.
post #1285 of 3374
The WikiLeaks emails must be sending the Dems into a panic behind the scenes. If they find an email where Hillary offered policy changes for money, the media will have to work hard to keep her safe.
post #1286 of 3374
Why would Hillary be sending emails through the DNC?
post #1287 of 3374
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Why would Hillary be sending emails through the DNC?

Very true. I mean, we all know she has her own personal email server.
post #1288 of 3374
Trump should not have made that statement. Russia would release the emails regardless. I'd guess that they would release them a week before the first debate. Having them leak and rule the headlines for a week, then having a brutal debate will go a long way to keep her head below water and really set the tone for the general election.

HBO needs to make a show about this election. Everything is so exciting!
post #1289 of 3374
If the emails releases are too strategic, people might start wondering exactly why Russia wants Trump over Hillary. Built in spin for Hillary.
post #1290 of 3374
Thread Starter 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS