or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why Hillary will be the next POTUS - Page 69

post #1021 of 3278
Wouldn't it be something if enough people wrote in Bernie Sanders that he won.
post #1022 of 3278
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

To your no sanction point, part of that is because she is no longer Secretary of State, so employment sanctions that might otherwise apply aren't available. I've moved on from my government job, where I had access to various sorts of confidential information. Were an investigation to find that I was careless in my handling of that information, but that there was insufficient evidence to bring criminal charges, I'd be free of any sanction as well.

Actually, in my government job, we continue the investigation after the person is gone, and then pursue sanctions, in order to ensure that they can't be rehired doing this kind of work.

But she'll just be responsible for national security and the nuclear arsenal, so let's just call it even, eh?
post #1023 of 3278
Quote:
Originally Posted by greger View Post

Wouldn't it be something if enough people wrote in Bernie Sanders that he won.

Wouldn't it be great if both Clinton and Trump both ate shit and died? Just as probable.
post #1024 of 3278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbernine View Post
 

You say you were in the military and then question privilege ? The US military????


Question privilege?

post #1025 of 3278
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post


My point, and I'm not speaking for Piob here, is that she is presumably still eligible for security clearance, which would not be an option for a rank-and-file bureaucrat who handled classified information the way she did. That is evidence she is receiving preferential treatment, and it goes to my earlier point that, while I understand that the quote from Comey's statement I used earlier did not involve legal sanction, it's clear that she is protected from any sanction. Taken in that light, I think Comey's statement illustrates the fact that her status as one of our political elite has made her part of a class that does not play by the same rules as the rest of us (which was the thrust of my very first post in this thread).

 

Was anyone involved with leaking Valerie Plame to the press prosecuted?  Her being associated with the CIA was already classified material.  After she was outed only God knows what happened to her operatives and sources out in the field

post #1026 of 3278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

Was anyone involved with leaking Valerie Plame to the press prosecuted?  Her being associated with the CIA was already classified material.  After she was outed only God knows what happened to her operatives and sources out in the field
Nobody was prosecuted for the leak. Scooter Libby was prosecuted for the cover-up, as the saying goes -- obstruction or a false statements charge, don't recall exactly what.
post #1027 of 3278
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Nobody was prosecuted for the leak. Scooter Libby was prosecuted for the cover-up, as the saying goes -- obstruction or a false statements charge, don't recall exactly what.

Do you really need a reason to send Scooter Libby to prison?
post #1028 of 3278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

Was anyone involved with leaking Valerie Plame to the press prosecuted?  Her being associated with the CIA was already classified material.  After she was outed only God knows what happened to her operatives and sources out in the field

A special prosecutor was appointed in that case, presumably because Libby wasn't the GOP's best hope to win the next presidential election.
post #1029 of 3278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

A special prosecutor was appointed in that case, presumably because Libby wasn't the GOP's best hope to win the next presidential election.

Huge difference between outing a CIA agent as political retaliation against her husband and emailing subordinates on a private email server about the "top secret" drone program.

I didn't know who the fuck Valerie Plame was before she got outed. I knew about the "top secret" drone program before Hillary was secretary of state.
post #1030 of 3278
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaguy View Post

Huge difference between outing a CIA agent as political retaliation against her husband and emailing subordinates on a private email server about the "top secret" drone program.

I didn't know who the fuck Valerie Plame was before she got outed. I knew about the "top secret" drone program before Hillary was secretary of state.

As retaliation against her husband, who wrote untrue things in an op-ed describing a CIA mission he went on. I mean, c'mon.

And is there any actual confirmation of your theory that the e-mails were about the drone program?
post #1031 of 3278

Is anyone else amazed that she ordered lawyers without security clearance to go through her emails to determine what to hand over while under investigation for compromising classified information.

post #1032 of 3278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

As retaliation against her husband, who wrote untrue things in an op-ed describing a CIA mission he went on. I mean, c'mon.
Can you prove they're untrue?
post #1033 of 3278
Aren't the Plame and Petraeus affairs (lololl) about leaking secret info to the press while Hillarygate didn't lead to any of that and is a relatively smaller offense? If you asked me to guess how corrupt the Clintons are, with no regard to the legality of their actions but only to how "moral" I find them I'd go with extremely corrupt but the email thing is certainly not the reason.
post #1034 of 3278
While conservatives commenters trying to muddle the difference between the three is due to obvious partisanship I fail to see why anyone would be dumb enough to fall for it, I'm sure they could have looked for valid examples to compare Hillarygate to...
Edited by Fuuma - 7/8/16 at 1:07pm
post #1035 of 3278
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Can you prove they're untrue?

From what I gather from briefly refreshing my memory about the affair, (and reading about subsequent developments), I guess not. Certainly relevant actors believed (apparently in good faith) that things he'd said were untrue. But whether what he wrote was demonstrably untrue wasn't really the point. Wilson made inflammatory and dubious claims about a CIA assignment he went on and things CIA officers had told him, when his own wife was one of them and her job supposedly classified. That was absolutely reckless (assuming for the sake of argument that her role with the CIA was actually secret) and surely had to be a huge breach of formal or informal protocol.

Then there's them posing for a spread in a magazine:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS