• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Italian corduroy suits

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IN STOCK Tan corduroy. Tagged EU48 but I think it's better for a US 39 or US 40. I bought this for myself but it's too large for me. The thin wale gives it a different look. Soft and would be fun to wear, but alas, too big for me. Three roll two, side vents, flat front pants. $150
DSC07693.jpg
Jacket Shoulder 18.5" Chest: 42" Waist: 39" Length: 30" Sleeve: 25.25" Trousers Waist: 33" Rise: 10.25" Ankle: 8.75 Unfinished *********************************************************************************** Available, but not in stock If anyone is interested, I have seen these and should be able to get them: US36 / EU46, wide wale black, flapped pockets, can't remember re trousers, but I think flat front US39 / EU49, wide wale green, flapped pockets and single reverse pleat trousers US39 / EU49, thin wale brown, flapped pockets, can't remember re trousers, but I think flat front. This was like the tan suit above. US40 / EU50, wide wale tan, flapped pockets, flat front pants. Very nice and very close to my green suit. US41 / EU51, wide wale green, flapped pockets and single reverse pleat trousers US41 / EU51, wide wale navy, flapped pockets and single reverse pleat trousers *********************************************************************************** OUT OF STOCK The green suit below is currently out of stock. I am trying to get more. I picked up a wide wale dark green corduroy suit a few weeks ago and just got it back from the tailor (he shortened the sleeves by 3/8" and gave the pants a two inch cuff). I was so happy with it I went in search of other colors. Instead, I found two more of this one, and I thought I'd put them up for sale here. 100% cotton. 3 roll 2 button. Side vents. Notch lapel. Two patch pockets with a regular breast pocket. Nice slim fit with great pants. I plan on wearing mine as a suit and wearing each piece separately. Just perfect for fall. The maker is Confitalia, which I gather is a Naples based manufacturer. These are machine made suits that are almost certainly fused, but the shoulders aren't too strong or heavily padded. The quality is at least as good as something from a Banana Republic or J.Crew (for significantly less $$) and the fit is certainly more Italian than American. The chest is a little stiff, but it doesn't bother me as much for something like corduroy. This is not a suit you treat delicately. Also, I should add that the buttons are not great. They're not so awful that it's absolutely necessary to change them, but I put a very nice set of real horn buttons on mine (for $25 or so) and it makes a huge difference. I am currently OUT OF STOCK. I may be able to get more. Cost is $150 shipped in the U.S. Add $20 for Canada. Overseas, contact me and I'll figure out the cost.
DSC07529b.jpg
Measurements: Size 36/46 currently sold, but I can get it in black and perhaps green and light tan jacket Shoulder: 17" Chest: 39" Waist: 36" Length: 29.5" from bottom of collar Sleeve: 25" Trousers Waist: 33" Rise: 9.75" (unfinished) Ankle: 8 3/8" Size 38/48 Jacket Shoulder: 17.75" Chest: 40.5" Waist: 37.5" Length: 29.75 from bottom of collar Sleeve: 25.25" Trousers Waist: 34" Rise: 10.25" Inseam: 37.5" (unfinished) Ankle: 8.5" And here are a few more pictures of my suit:

csgrad

Reaction score
What are the measurements? And how high are the armholes?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I added measurements for the 38/48. I can also take them for the 36/46. The armhole seems average. Not super high (it could probably be a little higher for my taste), but not terribly low. I don't know how helpful this is, but from the edge of the shoulder down to the bottom of the arm opening measures 9.5"

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks nice Jamison. PM if you can get one in navy/gray/black in eu50.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Looks great and price is good!

You have my size as well....tempting, just not sure if I'd ever wear a cord suit.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I like it a lot. I want to find it in navy because I think it would be fantastic. Anyway, I'm not out to make a killing on these, especially since the maker is an unknown here.

I'm not sure you'd get much wear out of a cord suit in southern California.

quaddies

Reaction score
That is very nice. very nice indeed. If you come accross it in a 42L put me down for one.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think I can get any longs, and they do measure a little on the short side.

I can get the suit in a 39R, a 36R in black, and potentially some larger sizes. Some of them may not have patch pockets. Let me know if you want this in a specific regular size (give me the Euro size you'd like) and I'll look. I'm on the hunt for 40/50R for two SF members.

quaddies

Reaction score
Hi,

At this price I will gamble on a 42/52eu, preferably with patch pockets.

Many Thanks

bigstar[1].gif

FELT

Reaction score
Any chance of you getting your hands on one of these in brown? I may well be interested (in a 38). Looks a great suit at that price.

prozach1576

Reaction score
34" waist for a 38R seems kinda weird. That's a lot to have to take in for a normal ~6" drop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads