or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › B&S Archive › FS: Italian corduroy suits
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FS: Italian corduroy suits - Page 3

post #31 of 61
Thread Starter 
Longs and shorts are not possible. Only regular sizes.

I've got outstanding requests for sizes 50, 52, and 56 so will be looking for those.
post #32 of 61
Thread Starter 
I bought a great tan thin wale cord suit for myself but it's just a little too big for me, so I'm selling it. Also, I've updated the list of suits I can get, but don't have in stock. And I'm still hunting for others, but let me know if you want me to look for something specific.
post #33 of 61
Jamison,
I'm curious about the 39R. I know you don't have it, but, based on the 38 you own, what do you suppose it will measure in the shoulders and chest? Also, the corduroy seems to call for a patch pocket. Does it work with the flaps?
post #34 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltontheqt View Post
Jamison, I'm curious about the 39R. I know you don't have it, but, based on the 38 you own, what do you suppose it will measure in the shoulders and chest? Also, the corduroy seems to call for a patch pocket. Does it work with the flaps?
I would guess somewhere around 18.25" in the shoulder and 42 in the chest. The flap pockets don't bother me. I bought a second suit for myself in dark chocolate brown medium wale with flapped pockets.
post #35 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post
Longs and shorts are not possible. Only regular sizes.

.

Bigot!
post #36 of 61
Follow-up question about the 39R. Chest would work, but I measure 19 in the shoulders. How much play is there in the shoulders? Do you think I can wear 18.25 or 18.5 without feeling constrained? This is a perpetual issue for me. When the shoulders are 19, invariably the chest is too big. I've been taking a 40, but unless it's slim cut, the chest and waist are problems.
post #37 of 61
Thread Starter 
The shoulders (see measurements for 46 and 48) were on the small side, so I don't think a 39 would work if you normally wear a 19" shoulder.
post #38 of 61
Thread Starter 
I have one suit left, the tan thin wale cord suit above. It is very nice but doesn't fit me. Last chance to get it.

I will cut the price to $125
post #39 of 61
I'm interested in the tan... how's the fit on the pants? Are they fairly straight/slim a la the green suit in the pics of you wearing it?
post #40 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlok1965 View Post
I'm interested in the tan... how's the fit on the pants? Are they fairly straight/slim a la the green suit in the pics of you wearing it?

Yes, fit is fairly slim, although I don't think quite as slim as the green.

This is going to be gone by 1 today, so....
post #41 of 61
ygpm
post #42 of 61
Thread Starter 
Interesting developments afoot. My source for these inexpensive corduroy suits now has a large stock of linen suits. I bought two at lunch, an off white and a natural tan. They are not as slim as the cord suit, and I really need to try them on at home with a better fitting shirt. I'll take pictures and see what you guys think.

100% linen, partial lining, 3 button that's okay as a 3/2, flapped front pockets, side vents, and flat front unfinished pants. Price would be $200 or less, and there are a bunch of colors, including navy, dark grey, cream, tan, khaki, and olive. Once again, the buttons are not very nice.
post #43 of 61
Interested.
post #44 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post
Interesting developments afoot. My source for these inexpensive corduroy suits now has a large stock of linen suits. I bought two at lunch, an off white and a natural tan. They are not as slim as the cord suit, and I really need to try them on at home with a better fitting shirt. I'll take pictures and see what you guys think.

100% linen, partial lining, 3 button that's okay as a 3/2, flapped front pockets, side vents, and flat front unfinished pants. Price would be $200 or less, and there are a bunch of colors, including navy, dark grey, cream, tan, khaki, and olive. Once again, the buttons are not very nice.


Definitely interested in a linen suit in ~38R if a slim-fit, or ~36R if not.

Also - what's the current status of the cord suits - it's been awhile, just wondering if you have any 38R left?
post #45 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM View Post
Definitely interested in a linen suit in ~38R if a slim-fit, or ~36R if not. Also - what's the current status of the cord suits - it's been awhile, just wondering if you have any 38R left?
Cord suits are all long gone. Will try to take measurements of my linen suits (38R) tonight.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: B&S Archive
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › B&S Archive › FS: Italian corduroy suits