or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › The Ted Cruz Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ted Cruz Thread - Page 44

post #646 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by greger View Post


Not my problem you don't pay attention. What do you do? Just read the best worded hogwash?


not learn my economics from you, thats for sure.

post #647 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post


not learn my economics from you, thats for sure.

No you didn't. Look at when Reagan ran for President. What college of economists agreed with him? The stock market before him was ridicules because of the persuasive wrong theories taught in these colleges. The problems with colleges is they teach people what to believe instead of going out to find out what is going on. The famous words come to light here. "The blind leading the blind." It seems to me you did exactly your lessons- believe what you were told by them. There are a few economists who show us a few methods that work and then say, "Go and develope your own methods that work." In other words, don't be tied to your school lessons of, "Believe us". And, yes, I did notice certain taxes create recessions. Not all taxes, but some do. What Rubio doesn't understand is that taxes can be a tool in a number of ways he hasn't thought of, or anyone has explained to him. So I'm not keen on voting for him as a republican. But, so many democrats kill the economy over and over again. Economy you do something now and when does the results show up as to plus or minus? How many people follow through? How many know how to follow through? Ph.D means nothing.
post #648 of 1000
Hey greger, which new Democratic taxes caused the 2008 recession?
post #649 of 1000
Uhh, Greger still thinks trickle down economics works?
post #650 of 1000
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by greger View Post


But, so many democrats kill the economy over and over again.

 

lol it's funny because the opposite is true. 

post #651 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

lol it's funny because the opposite is true. 

The Economist addressed that myth recently and you are wrong according to those know nothings.
post #652 of 1000
Thread Starter 

Sauce. 

post #653 of 1000
They merely confirmed something I've said here for years. The macroeconomic environment cannot be divided into POTUS terms in any meaningful fashion.
post #654 of 1000
Thread Starter 

Link, numbnuts. 

 

Sorry, that was rude. 

post #655 of 1000
On my phone at a conference. Search YouTube for "the economist lucky left". Also, fuck off for doubting me.
post #656 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

They merely confirmed something I've said here for years. The macroeconomic environment cannot be divided into POTUS terms in any meaningful fashion.

Yeah, theres such a lag with a lot of economics actions and so many factors that its hard to tell which was successful/the root.

 

And if you do agree though with the Economist, you can't say 'the democrats were at fault'. (not that you did piob)

post #657 of 1000
Yeah, the lag and complexity make it hard. This is not to say some critical analysis of individual policies cannot be done.
post #658 of 1000
Not to mention the fact that the state of the economy influences how people vote.
post #659 of 1000

Or the fact that every 4-8 years someone tries to enact an opposite policy that fks with the original one.

post #660 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post
 

Or the fact that every 4-8 years someone tries to enact an opposite policy that fks with the original one.



I can't link to it because I'm at work, but there are a few economic studies that show while voters are generally rational, voters credit or blame incumbent politicians for sudden macro-economic events, like a credit crises or a sudden drop in oil prices. 

Also, there is research that indicates that while the upper income brackets benefit more from positive economic growth and outlook it is because they tend to be variably compensated on performance (stock options, etc), the lower quintiles also benefit from economic growth.  That being said, subsidizing the rich doesn't increase growth and just increases rent seeking activity.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › The Ted Cruz Thread