or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › The Ted Cruz Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ted Cruz Thread - Page 28

post #406 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

As strange as it may seem for lifelong dem and union man I am seriously considering him as he seems to be the only spot of sanity on this issue . I mean Bernie Sanders ??? Are all these guys really that afraid of Hillary

I've never voted Republican before, but if it came down to Hillary and Rand I'd have to stop and seriously consider him.
post #407 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Still not going to directly condemn it, are you?

Gib, don't just go back 30 years for your statement. Go back to 1965 or so. It was a Dem that got the US into its first disastrous war in the second half of the 20th century and a Repub that got us out of it.

I only went back 30 years because I'm not really convinced that the party dynamics of the 1960s have any meaning to the modern situation, other than for keeping score for each team. Is Hillary more likely to start a war because LBJ got us into Vietnam? I kinda doubt it.
post #408 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

This is the only option ( read ww2) incidentally the last war the U.S. "Won" . Are we really ready to annihilate huge urban populations because we know so much better than they do how to govern ?


I have no interest in governing them. They clearly aren't ready for democracy. I did learn a lesson in the 2000s, and that was it.

I just want to blow up our enemies and take the oil.

And yes we do know how to govern better.
post #409 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

I only went back 30 years because I'm not really convinced that the party dynamics of the 1960s have any meaning to the modern situation, other than for keeping score for each team. Is Hillary more likely to start a war because LBJ got us into Vietnam? I kinda doubt it.

So basically redefine party affiliation when it interferes with your narrative? Did Ethan hack your account?
post #410 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

I only went back 30 years because I'm not really convinced that the party dynamics of the 1960s have any meaning to the modern situation, other than for keeping score for each team. Is Hillary more likely to start a war because LBJ got us into Vietnam? I kinda doubt it.
Actually as presidents to blame go that one falls on JFK . Totally agree with your point though and belive me it was fully passed on to Nixon in that case
post #411 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

I have no interest in governing them. They clearly aren't ready for democracy. I did learn a lesson in the 2000s, and that was it.

I just want to blow up our enemies and take the oil.

And yes we do know how to govern better.
Well I for one do not feel that kicking someone's ass to get what I want is the action of a civilized society and justifying a war for that purpose indicates that either a) you have never been anywhere near a war or b)you have been in enough of them to realize you like them . Or c) you are just providing comic relief . In which case carry on
post #412 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

Well I for one do not feel that kicking someone's ass to get what I want is the action of a civilized society and justifying a war for that purpose indicates that either a) you have never been anywhere near a war or b)you have been in enough of them to realize you like them . Or c) you are just providing comic relief . In which case carry on


My mentality, experience, and perspective are not relevant. War is not always a choice. I'm glad we fought Japan over there rather than over here.
post #413 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

So basically redefine party affiliation when it interferes with your narrative? Did Ethan hack your account?

What "narrative" are we talking about here? Are we just glibly playing team sports party politics, or actually looking at some kind of meaningful policy considerations?


If the former, well, the Republicans got us into the Civil War so they totally have the most American deaths on their hands.
post #414 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

My mentality, experience, and perspective are not relevant. War is not always a choice. I'm glad we fought Japan over there rather than over here.
. You really belive Hirohito didn't choose to listen to he military when they convinced him imperialist expansion throughout Asia was necessary because hmm they needed the oil or that Hitler did not choose to invade Poland because hmmm he wanted their oil or that George Bush did not choose to invade iraq based on a fear of wmds that just didn't happen to exist hmmm funny thing all that oil they just happened to have or that we have no choice but to destroy the governments of the Middle East and hmm take their oil . Yikes! The most significant reason for world war 2 was that the axis powers decided to do just that ,just go out kick the worlds ass and take their resources .Your perspective would have been very popular in pre war nazi Germany
Wait this is just a joke . Your running a Billy Crystal Josh Gann routine on an old man right . Please say you are
post #415 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

What "narrative" are we talking about here? Are we just glibly playing team sports party politics, or actually looking at some kind of meaningful policy considerations?


If the former, well, the Republicans got us into the Civil War so they totally have the most American deaths on their hands.

"The last 30 years" is code for, "When that devil Reagan took office." Maybe you were not using it like that but that's how I read it and attributed the glib party politics was already in the conversation at that point. That would be the narrative in question and also the fact everyone under 30 seems to think Nixon got the US in the war.
post #416 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

"The last 30 years" is code for, "When that devil Reagan took office." Maybe you were not using it like that but that's how I read it and attributed the glib party politics was already in the conversation at that point. That would be the narrative in question and also the fact everyone under 30 seems to think Nixon got the US in the war.

I was using it as a vague yardstick for "in the period after the Vietnam War." Could go back 40 years now I suppose, but 30 was a convenient round number. Even Reagan was 35 years by now.

It does work out fairly well though. Reagan is hugely influential in modern Republican politics, and I don't think that's really the case for anyone (R or D) prior to his tenure.
post #417 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

"The last 30 years" is code for, "When that devil Reagan took office." Maybe you were not using it like that but that's how I read it and attributed the glib party politics was already in the conversation at that point. That would be the narrative in question and also the fact everyone under 30 seems to think Nixon got the US in the war.
How many Americans under 30 have ever read anything about that period that did not come off the internet. Come on raise those hands . Anybody ? Surely someone......... Oh and by the way I attended a number of satanic orgies with old Ronald back when he was the guv
post #418 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

Pio would rather save a couple thousand dollars than people's lives. 


This is hilarious. Wanna save people's lives? Shut down the murdering federal government.
post #419 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

How many Americans under 30 have ever read anything about that period that did not come off the internet. Come on raise those hands . Anybody ? Surely someone......... Oh and by the way I attended a number of satanic orgies with old Ronald back when he was the guv

So...how was he hung?
post #420 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

So...how was he hung?
Don't you know anything about Beelzebub
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › The Ted Cruz Thread