or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › The Ted Cruz Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ted Cruz Thread - Page 18

post #256 of 1000
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Actually, reading his bio, he would seem to be anything but a fucking idiot.

 

What in his bio disproves the claim? I have met really dumb people who went to really good schools, really dumb people who went to really bad schools, really smart people who went to really good schools, and really smart people who went to really bad schools.

 

What's your point? The guy says dumb things constantly and is on the wrong side of history so what other conclusion are we to draw? 

post #257 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

What in his bio disproves the claim? I have met really dumb people who went to really good schools, really dumb people who went to really bad schools, really smart people who went to really good schools, and really smart people who went to really bad schools.

What's your point? The guy says dumb things constantly and is on the wrong side of history so what other conclusion are we to draw? 

You're ignoring the sum total of things. First person in his family to make it to college which shows something right there. You should appreciate the fact he was ROTC while going to school (although we all know you're say ROTC folks are douches as you have before), then he lost both his parents, and he started caring for his 13 year old sister.

If he was a black woman you'd think he was really something.
post #258 of 1000
All unrelated. His argument was pool hall experience --> can tell Iranian politicians are liars.
post #259 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

All unrelated. His argument was pool hall experience --> can tell Iranian politicians are liars.

Where he learned the universal biological tells of a liar. You are correct.
post #260 of 1000
Lol. Sure.

And yet you still felt the need to bring in his BA degree and his ROTC, and other extraneous facts. Interesting.
post #261 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Lol. Sure.

And yet you still felt the need to bring in his BA degree and his ROTC, and other extraneous facts. Interesting.

You do realize those were brought in as evidence he's probably not a "fucking idiot," right? Interesting you can not discern that..very interesting.
post #262 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


You do realize those were brought in as evidence he's probably not a "fucking idiot," right? Interesting you can not discern that..very interesting.

Then why did you point out that his degree is in psych? It would be irrelevant what his degree was in, merely the fact he had a degree was the point. But you pointed out his degree was in psych, so obviously I was to infer something else from it.

post #263 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Then why did you point out that his degree is in psych? It would be irrelevant what his degree was in, merely the fact he had a degree was the point. But you pointed out his degree was in psych, so obviously I was to infer something else from it.

Of course I pointed that particular factoid out due to the conversation about lying but you honestly could not gather from the context the quote was in answer to Ethan's (latest) charge against Graham and that was just ancillary?

rolleyes.gif
post #264 of 1000
Thread Starter 
Having dead parents and having to take care of siblings does not make one intelligent. Sympathetic maybe but... still an idiot.
post #265 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

Having dead parents and having to take care of siblings does not make one intelligent. Sympathetic maybe but... still an idiot.

But being the first in your family to go to university, losing your parents, and caring for a 13 year old while going to school and getting into law school? Good indication you're not an idiot.

I think maybe the problem is I'm Canadian and you guys are American. I just cannot properly discern American idiots like you guys can due to cultural differences.
post #266 of 1000
Btw, you know he's gay, right? Ethan, he's on the right side of history.
post #267 of 1000
Thread Starter 
How would being a gay anti-gay rights Senator make someone anything other than a gigantic douchebag?
post #268 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

How would being a gay anti-gay rights Senator make someone anything other than a gigantic douchebag?

I have to figure everything out for you fucking millenials?
post #269 of 1000
Everyone's a winner here.
post #270 of 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Btw, you know he's gay, right? Ethan, he's on the right side of history.

 

Really?

 

I was going to make a joke about him name being leslie, but I actually didn't know. Has he come out, or is this a secret-but-not-a-secret thing.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › The Ted Cruz Thread